Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iamafox

Huddersfield match predictions (FA Cup)

I'd normally be scornful of people wanting promotion than winning the FA Cup, as I was last season. But as this time round promotion looks much more of a possibility than it did a year ago, I wouldn't be bothered if we lose this.

I want a massive cup tie as much as the next person meaning we'd have to beat Huddersfield, but looking at the bigger picture though the more games you go unbeaten (4 wins in a row as it stands for us now) the higher the chances of us losing the next game. If we win tomorrow it only means it's more likely we'll lose to Wolves on Thursday and so on.

They owe us one, they've just got rid of their manager which can sometimes galvanise a team, so I'm predicting 2-1 Huddersfield.

Mark Lawrenson's prediction

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/21169367

Huddersfield v Leicester

Continue reading the main story

“
Leicester have got bigger fish to fry in terms of their promotion bidâ€

Huddersfield are on a terrible run of 12 games without a win in the Championship which has cost Simon Grayson his job. That was a surprise because he knows that division inside out.

Leicester, in contrast, are on a five-match winning run but I think they have got bigger fish to fry in terms of their promotion bid.

I don't think we will see many of the Foxes' first-team, which is why I am still backing Huddersfield to progress.

Resting players is fine for clubs like Leicester, if they make their fans aware that promotion to the Premier League is what matters most. Then they don't get disappointed when they buy tickets, travel and the reserves turn up.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

That means we will win then :thumbup:

We better not put a full team of reserves out...:-/

I'm all for it if fixtures are looking congested but we've not had a game for 8 days.....rest a few but win the tie....the amount of problems they've got they are there for the taking.

In other news cancelled the hotel for tonight due to the weather lol

Mark Lawrenson's prediction

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/21169367

Huddersfield v Leicester

Continue reading the main story

“
Leicester have got bigger fish to fry in terms of their promotion bidâ€

Huddersfield are on a terrible run of 12 games without a win in the Championship which has cost Simon Grayson his job. That was a surprise because he knows that division inside out.

Leicester, in contrast, are on a five-match winning run but I think they have got bigger fish to fry in terms of their promotion bid.

I don't think we will see many of the Foxes' first-team, which is why I am still backing Huddersfield to progress.

Resting players is fine for clubs like Leicester, if they make their fans aware that promotion to the Premier League is what matters most. Then they don't get disappointed when they buy tickets, travel and the reserves turn up.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

That means we will win then :thumbup:

"We are in good form and we want to continue the momentum on Saturday. We want to progress in the cup."

A quote from Pearson in the Merc. Now that isn't sounding like we will be putting out the stiffs, maybe Dyer, Vardy and King. Is that really our second choice starters !!!!!!! WOW come on you blues

Putting my current forum reputation on the line here.....

0-2 with Colin Hill getting both and a red card for Julian Watts in the 4th minute for shaving a ball boy against his wishes.

Being the kind of easily pleased peasant that I am, I will be happy with 5 pints of decent beer and a good atmosphere, possible a showing from the Hudders Heffers at half time (made them up, but fingers crossed)

I hope we get knocked out and stop wasting our energy and risking injury in something we wont win.

Presume you're trolling but anyway, we won't win the Prem but I'd like to see us compete and do as well as we can in it.

I'd rather win the FA Cup than get promoted.

Presume you're trolling but anyway, we won't win the Prem but I'd like to see us compete and do as well as we can in it.

I'd rather win the FA Cup than get promoted.

No I am not trolling.

Promotion is a must for the season, fooling around in the cup is a risky side show we can do without.

If you think our owners are going to continue to fund our existence in the championship for much longer then you need to wake up.

No I am not trolling.

Promotion is a must for the season, fooling around in the cup is a risky side show we can do without.

If you think our owners are going to continue to fund our existence in the championship for much longer then you need to wake up.

We all know automatic promotion is the goal, but even if we progress in the FA Cup I don't see it as a distraction and I doubt NP and his squad of players would do either but rather they see it as an opportunity to keep the winning mentality going. If we do progress and get a prem team then what better way to test yourself against that opposition it will be good practice for next season :thumbup:

No I am not trolling.

No I am not trolling.

surely they are in it for the long hall? or they will walk away with a massive loss

Surely people realise by now that NP wants to win every game?

Mark my words we will have a very strong side out on Saturday, it is a competition NP takes very seriously and one that all fans of any club in England should want to win.

It's the attitude that it does not matter that is sadly degrading the most historically impressive domestic cup competition in the world.

You only have to watch 2 women 1 cup to see how impressive it could be, just imagine 2 women 1 FA Cup......

We all know automatic promotion is the goal, but even if we progress in the FA Cup I don't see it as a distraction and I doubt NP and his squad of players would do either but rather they see it as an opportunity to keep the winning mentality going. If we do progress and get a prem team then what better way to test yourself against that opposition it will be good practice for next season :thumbup:

Say Chris Wood breaks his leg against Huddersfield.....?

Then what?

Is it worth it?

surely they are in it for the long hall? or they will walk away with a massive loss

The could sell it to some asset stripper or self centred ala Pompey investor.

There are no rules or guarantees, but what I can say is everyone I have spoken to in and around the club say this is THE season.

Say Chris Wood breaks his leg against Huddersfield.....?

Then what?

Is it worth it?

Say Chris Wood breaks his leg in training, or against Wolves......?

Then what?

Is it worth it?

He still needs to settle into the squad further, so i am not object to him starting or playing some part.

I would personally like to see nugent given a rest, played pretty much every game this season, so would deserve a rest. Would also be nice to see what vardy would play like with a more physical presence alongside him in Wood.

Either perform well enough to prove you are good enough for this league this season, or we will send you out on loan, this should be the message given to vardy.

Say Chris Wood breaks his leg in training, or against Wolves......?

Then what?

Is it worth it?

He still needs to settle into the squad further, so i am not object to him starting or playing some part.

I would personally like to see nugent given a rest, played pretty much every game this season, so would deserve a rest. Would also be nice to see what vardy would play like with a more physical presence alongside him in Wood.

Either perform well enough to prove you are good enough for this league this season, or we will send you out on loan, this should be the message given to vardy.

In training it cant be avoided, in a cup run it can.

That was my point and right now I'd rather our players were tucked up indoors chomping at the bit for another 3 points in the league.

That was my point and right now I'd rather our players were tucked up indoors chomping at the bit for another 3 points in the league.

Be careful leaving the house, you might get killed.

That's a bit of a ridiculous statement.

If I'm honest, I quite like a good cup run. Yes it can be a distraction at times, but we're performing well in the league so it will only help our momentum.

The only thing that will annoy me is Watford going a couple of points clear before we play Wolves... But we could go straight back to 2nd with a win so no biggie.

"We are in good form and we want to continue the momentum on Saturday. We want to progress in the cup."

A quote from Pearson in the Merc. Now that isn't sounding like we will be putting out the stiffs, maybe Dyer, Vardy and King. Is that really our second choice starters !!!!!!! WOW come on you blues

Pearson has always given me the impression he's 100% professional 100% of the time. Regardless of who starts tomorrow, it'll be a team he feels will win.

Archived