Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GingerrrFox

Fans in home section.

After looking at the Peterborough away tickets section of the LCFC website I stumbled across this paragraph "Any visiting supporters found in the home areas will face ejection without refund." One of my mates seemed to think this was unfair and it got me thinking theres a lot of people in Leicester who don't support the mighty foxes.

If we get promotion to the Prem next season, fans of these so called 'bigger' clubs such as Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal etc that live in Leicester are highly unlikely to be able to get a ticket for the away section at the KP due to their good following away from home. Do you expect the club to kick out fans of any other club that are sitting in home fan sections? Personally I would want them removed! If I was sat in my season ticket seat and someone started cheering and gloating at Arsenal scoring and taking the lead against us I would kick off. Am I wrong? It might just be my opinion but it wouldn't sit well with me.

They'd be pretty silly to stand up and cheer a goal for the away side. If I ever had to sit in the opposition end I'd keep my mouth shut unless we scored in the last minute at which point I'd run out of the exit, middle finger held high at supporters around me, screaming like a young girl!

After looking at the Peterborough away tickets section of the LCFC website I stumbled across this paragraph "Any visiting supporters found in the home areas will face ejection without refund." One of my mates seemed to think this was unfair and it got me thinking theres a lot of people in Leicester who don't support the mighty foxes.

If we get promotion to the Prem next season, fans of these so called 'bigger' clubs such as Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal etc that live in Leicester are highly unlikely to be able to get a ticket for the away section at the KP due to their good following away from home. Do you expect the club to kick out fans of any other club that are sitting in home fan sections? Personally I would want them removed! If I was sat in my season ticket seat and someone started cheering and gloating at Arsenal scoring and taking the lead against us I would kick off. Am I wrong? It might just be my opinion but it wouldn't sit well with me.

Good job you weren't a fan in the 60s then.

Reminds me of one of the last seasons at Filbo, playing Liverpool when I was sat in the Kop behind and just ot the left of a Mum and daughter (around 8 years old). The Mum was obviously an LCFC fan and the daughter had a Liverpool scarf on, i assume because her dad was Liverpool fan. Liverpool score and the young girl stood up and clapped. the torrent of vile abuse almost verging amounting to a physical as well a verbal assault she got from the Leicester fans makes me feel ashamed to this day.

Reminds me of one of the last seasons at Filbo, playing Liverpool when I was sat in the Kop behind and just ot the left of a Mum and daughter (around 8 years old). The Mum was obviously an LCFC fan and the daughter had a Liverpool scarf on, i assume because her dad was Liverpool fan. Liverpool score and the young girl stood up and clapped. the torrent of vile abuse almost verging amounting to a physical as well a verbal assault she got from the Leicester fans makes me feel ashamed to this day.

As harsh as this sounds , the idiots shouldn't of been wearing a Liverpool scarf in a Leicester end, especially the kop!!

Segregation of supporters at the city ground is has been around for years but on the really big games,

Like Man City F A Cup game a few years ago. Away supporters drift into all area's of the ground mainly due to the online ticket sales system which the club seem only to happy to sell to all comers

As harsh as this sounds , the idiots shouldn't of been wearing a Liverpool scarf in a Leicester end, especially the kop!!

Maybe, maybe not but she wasn't harming anyone was with her Mum a fellow Leicester supporter, absolutely no excuse. All it needed at worst was some gentle 'banter'. All these fans claiming to have a massive sense of humour but intolerance and aggressive behaviour seem to have replaced the humour in so many..

If they cause a scene then yes, but if they are quiet and don't make out they support the opposition then they shouldn't be thrown out.

When we were last in the Premier League at home to Everton they scored and plenty of fans in the home ends and corp boxes celebrated wildly. Was rather uncomfortable with it all.

I remember at Northampton away in January 2009 most the crowd i think were leicester fans, plus the fans sitting on the big hill by the ground.

Yes. I nearly got filled in for that caused a right stir , the stewards also found out I was leicester but left me in there lol!

I've sat in the Holte End at Villa Park and been just fine. We were with a mate who was a Villa fan and I think a lot of the surrounding fans knew we were City fans because we didn't get too excited when either side scored (we won 2-1 by the way.) So long as you don't wear colours and celebrate wildly, I think you get away with it in most grounds and I don't particularly object to it happening to us at the KP (which would be two-faced.)

I've never understood why this happens in football, when it doesn't in other sports. I don't know a single other sport where the crowds are segregated and I've been to watch Tigers, County, Riders and even the Panthers when they were still in existance.

I remember at Northampton away in January 2009 most the crowd i think were leicester fans, plus the fans sitting on the big hill by the ground.

Same at Walsall awy.

I can see both parts. It's going to happen when we get to the Prem. Any scouse/mancs sit near me they'll get a decking though. I can't stand their smug faces.

Remember going Derby away at the old Baseball ground in the 90's.Me & my mate did'nt have a ticket for the away end,so we went in the Sheepshaggers end (The Popside i think it was called).All was well until Walshie scored the winner to make it 2-1 to Leicester for 1 split moment i forgot where we were,only for my mate to step in & say i was with him & that he was a Derby fan & i was his cousin who happened to be visiting in Derby at the time.Got away with it just. :sweating:

I was at Peterborough away and tickets were scarce during the League 1 promotion season. Anyway, my nephew worked in Peterborough and managed to get 3 tickets for the home end. All was well until Peterborough scored and the guy behind us realised we were City fans. He tried to pick a fight with me but, luckily for him, I didn't react because I had just come back from the USA and had a can of mace in my pocket. The moral of the tale is, be careful before you decide to wack somebody!

I've sat in the Holte End at Villa Park and been just fine. We were with a mate who was a Villa fan and I think a lot of the surrounding fans knew we were City fans because we didn't get too excited when either side scored (we won 2-1 by the way.) So long as you don't wear colours and celebrate wildly, I think you get away with it in most grounds and I don't particularly object to it happening to us at the KP (which would be two-faced.)

I've never understood why this happens in football, when it doesn't in other sports. I don't know a single other sport where the crowds are segregated and I've been to watch Tigers, County, Riders and even the Panthers when they were still in existance.

Unlike some idiotic foxes fan from Cambridge who was also in the Holte End but did get excited....then punched,kicked,cups of tea over them and then booted out.Won 3-1 Claridge Parker penalty I believe.

I remember some West ham fans in pen 4 of the kop at filbert street in the 70's. They were down in the corner about 20 of them. They were sussed as they were all wearing 'Donkey Jackets' which was a bit of a uniform for West Ham fans back than ( later adopted by many other fans who fancied themselves as 'lads'). The St Patricks Club lads, who often went in Pen 4 went over to them and it all kicked off. The police dragged them out pretty quick.

I also remember getting tickets in the Derby main stand at the Baseball Ground. My brother drove up to Derby and got the most expensive tickets. He wasn't sure where their 'lads' sat in the ground so he got the expensive tickets thinking we would be safe there.

We took a load of blue balloons, much to the dismay of the posh Derby fans around us, and despite their moaning the stewards left us alone. We had great fun shouting abuse at Bill Anderson as we were near the press box.

One last one, can't remember the year but we went West Ham soon after a Cov game where City fans wrecked the Midland Red buses that took us there. So there were no cheap buses/coaches that day ( you used to get them in Humberstone gate)

I can't remember why but there was no 'Football Special' (train) for that game either, so my brother thought never mind we will get the 'shoppers bus', (a cheap bus from St Maggies bus station).

Anyway,it ended up that there were very few city fans there, we kept our mouths shut and heads down, having never been there before, we didn't know where we were going and ended up in West Ham end. Needless to say, we were silent for the game. Seem to remember it was 1-1.

In an ideal world, I would have absolutely no issue with away fans in the home end - they could celebrate goals for all I care, as long as:

1) the home club have given all home fans enough of an opportunity to buy the tickets - i.e limit tickets to STHs, members and those with prior booking histories - before releasing the remaining tickets to the general public. The way I see it, if you can't sell out, you may as well sell as many tickets as possible without stopping a genuine home fan from going.

2) the home club advise away fans of the 'safest' area to purchase tickets in - e.g. the Family or West Stands.

3) the away fans in the home areas are not abusive, enjoy a laugh and a joke with those around them and do not take themselves too seriously.

Sadly, we all know that a combination of all three is nothing more than a pipe dream. A colleague of mine sat in the home end at Norwich the other week and celebrated when Luton got their late winner. No surprise whatsoever that he and his family were abused and pelted with coins before you could say 'Hatters!'

EDIT: if I had to go in the away end at Forest on the last day, I would without second thought.

Archived