Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AnotherShitSeason

One REALISTIC & available loan striker if Wood is out?

I think we're approaching the issue from a false direction.

I don't believe Vardy and Waghorn are that bad. I do, however, question the depth in squad when it comes to our midfield.

We lack midfielders that can link up with our strikers, one Knockaert alone won't do the trick in the long run.

And we're also desperately in need of a proper wide man.

Also, top defence or not, the second goal at Peterborough was dreadful, and they had more chances like it. We looked confused at times, and when Wes is up for a header/following his man/on a mazy dribble, De Laet and Keane seem to switch off, waiting to be told what to do next.

I'm not advocating any change in personnel, but illustrating that the issue is not as simple as "our striker's out, that's what's wrong", when it really isn't. We had issues throughout the pitch, which is why we lost.

Waghorn's miss was hardly worse than Wood's at Wolves the week before, but our defensive frailties have been around for a couple of weeks now. Do we need to sign a new CB/RW/CM too? (Hint: no) A panic signing is not what we need-we have a season and a half of Swedish evidence that it doesn't work. Back the players, trust in the squad that is second in the league, and it will come good...

Love how all of a sudden as Schulpp hasn't played for ages he's automatically became the one who we have in the squad that's 'actually brilliant and Pearson never gave him a chance'.

He is still a massive work in progress and from the limited time on the pitch he's had over the last 2 seasons his performances don't even merit a place above Vardy or Waghorn.

Really, well he certainly hasn`t been given the chances that those two have been given, to prove you wrong, that is for sure.

Really, well he certainly hasn`t been given the chances that those two have been given, to prove you wrong, that is for sure.

29 appearances 2 goals, little impact from the bench. This is what people judged Waghorn on when he was a bit part player from the bench... So judge Schlupp the same.

He's been bang average. People need to stop making out those who aren't playing are better than they actually are.

Neither did Kee, Wright, Petrescu, Chambers etc etc etc. Whom people said exactly the same as they do about Schlupp. They said 'he's not had a chance, they couldn't be any worse", well they all drifted off to know where.

Same old stuff every season.

29 appearances 2 goals, little impact from the bench. This is what people judged Waghorn on when he was a bit part player from the bench... So judge Schlupp the same.

He's been bang average. People need to stop making out those who aren't playing are better than they actually are.

THIS

People seem to have a raised opinion of him because he played well at left back.

Neither did Kee, Wright, Petrescu, Chambers etc etc etc. Whom people said exactly the same as they do about Schlupp. They said 'he's not had a chance, they couldn't be any worse", well they all drifted off to know where.

Same old stuff every season.

I have to agree with this, people often have some emotional blindness over our youthteam players.

Its very strange, i do like and rate schlupp but im just not sure he fits into our team. I think some on here would play him goal rather than have him on the bench.

The thing with Schlupp is that most of those games have been from the bench and when he was given a run in the team it came at a time when we were performing poorly and there was a negative atmosphere around the place. Vardy for example, has been given a long run in a team which has been doing very well. That meant he would be getting more chances and more time to take those chances and whilst he was decent at first he hasn't really been up to much for a while. Anybody writing off Waghorn was pretty foolish as he'd shown in the past that he cut it at this level and he had more to his game than just goals.

Schlupp has all the attributes to be a top forward but I think he needs to be more selfish in his attacking play. He's only going to start doing that when he's given a run in the team.

Personally I think if Waghorn has a run of games again he'll be a very valuable player to us but I don't think that Vardy should be ahead of Jeff in the pecking order as whenever I have seen Schlupp he looks good and coupled with the fact that he's 6 years younger than Vardy, he's going to have a better chance of being a player to match our ambition.

Archived