Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bayfox

NP Named as MOTM for Jan

It is impressive how the curse kicked in before it was even official, does anyone else think it is fvcking crap that the manager of the month isn't announced until half way through the next month, I mean was there any doubt it would be NP 100% record in January.

Where does this myth of a curse come from? What a load of bollocks.

I don't know if it is only at Leicester, but every time in my memory the manager would win MOTM we would have a bit of a dip, even under MON it happened I think the only time it didn't happen was in league 1.

Obviously there is no actual curse, but it may be a psychological thing, we like being the underdog and chasing and by getting this award we feel under more pressure to perform, or we get complacent and believe the hype, or the opposition realise they need to up their game, or it is just pure coincidence, or a self fulfilling prophecy you believe hard enough in the curse then it comes true.

How else can you explain losing at Posh...

Well done Nigel. Just hope this doesn't influence our next result.

Where does this myth of a curse come from? What a load of bollocks.

It just seems a coincidence that a manager wins it then the next game, his team usually don't get a result. (Of course, there have been times where it hasn't affected, look at Kenny Jackett as an example). During our play off season, Nigel got it for Feb (I think it was), the next game we played Sheffield Wednesday away and lost 2-0. Horrible performance. Also, Steve Bruce got it this season for December. I told one of my flatmates, who supports Hull, you won't win the next game because of that.They got beat 1-3 by Sheffield Wednesday.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived