Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
shiv

Ipswich Post Match

Think we have struggled defensively since St Ledger has been out.

Take today, I'm sure St Ledger would of read the situation and swept up after Wes let their player in.

I agree on this. Time for some experience at the back, maybe give Keane and Drinkwater a rest and start St Ledger and James.

It's fvcking frustrating and disappointing but comparing the thread length now to where it was at the same point after a fantastic win on Tuesday tells me everything about our so called fans, fvcking disgrace! I am not talking about constructive critique/criticism I am talking about the people who almost seem to revel in our defeats. I seriously wish you would just fvck off and moan about another team. And I am not putting my BTS on, after many many years of following City I've witnessed some thin, thinner oh and some thick.Not saying it's not gutting but the kneejerk reactionaires with nothing but vitriol and negativity to spout are what's making the experience of supporting Leicester such a frustrating thing! I will never stop supporting our team but I will stop coming on here because I am sick of the negative shite spouted by our so called fans after every defeat....disgraceful!!!!!!

The point is that we have achieved so little based on the huge financial investment made. This is the biggest amount our club has spent at this level in its history and yet the current achievement falls below what we have seen in the past - the promotions with Wallace, Milne, Little, O'Neill and Adams. A waste of para

The season isn't over yet and I'd hardly say Nigel has made huge investments in comparison with what other promotion rivals have spent. Yes, Sven pi$$ed a lot of money away on inflated transfer fees and wages, but NP has done his utmost to reduce the wage bill and clear up the mess he inherited.

I don't think you can say our current achievements fall below what we've seen in the past until the season has concluded. We've still got a decent chance of promotion.

It's fvcking frustrating and disappointing but comparing the thread length now to where it was at the same point after a fantastic win on Tuesday tells me everything about our so called fans, fvcking disgrace! I am not talking about constructive critique/criticism I am talking about the people who almost seem to revel in our defeats. I seriously wish you would just fvck off and moan about another team. And I am not putting my BTS on, after many many years of following City I've witnessed some thin, thinner oh and some thick.Not saying it's not gutting but the kneejerk reactionaires with nothing but vitriol and negativity to spout are what's making the experience of supporting Leicester such a frustrating thing! I will never stop supporting our team but I will stop coming on here because I am sick of the negative shite spouted by our so called fans after every defeat....disgraceful!!!!!!

Have you been on the Stella's buddy?

lol

Maybe it's me you're referring to - cos I'm reading the thread and not finding it particularly negative considering we were comfortably in 2nd a month ago and now we are talking about how likely play offs are!!! I also think there's some fairly constructive comments being made!!!

Maybe it's me you're referring to - cos I'm reading the thread and not finding it particularly negative considering we were comfortably in 2nd a month ago and now we are talking about how likely play offs are!!! I also think there's some fairly constructive comments being made!!!

It's surprisingly constructive. No idea what he's on about.

I agree with the posters saying it is now certainly playoffs or bust.

Maybe now we should play 5 in midfield and try to draw away games rather than playing 4-4-2, going all out and then losing them. Just to cement that top 6 place.

We could come out with a win like at Burnley.

I know people will call me pessimistic and say, "we should try to win every game, were not goddamn Stoke!" But maybe a conservative approach will give us less stress?

That was painful. So ****ing fed up of watching these shit matches.

I don't know what Ipswich spend the money they get from their extortionate prices on but it certainly isn't on getting a decent pitch together. It was in an awful state.

As a result the ball was in the air for most of the 90 minutes, absolutely no quality on show. It deserved a 0-0- they were crap, as were we. Kane's miss summed it up, bad defending and an even worse finish.

The referee was a joke, very inconsistent and ended it all by standing in Drinkwater's way when he was trying to get the ball. Fell for every little bit of contact, in one case none at all.

Looking like the play-offs, I just hope we go up. I'd rather be thumped 4-0 at Old Trafford by genuine quality than sit through this type of game again.

Guest ttfn

lol

Maybe you should keep your criticism of other people's opinions on games to those you've actually been to.

Same story as last month. Struggling for a goal, the only thing NP can think to do is change the wingers. It's not Knocky and Marshall's fault that the rest of the team can't find them in good positions, and bringing on worse wingers is only going to make things worse.

We're looking increasingly weak in the middle of the park as the season goes on.

Only three points ahead of seventh and with a game in hand away at Cardiff. We look so fragile both physically and mentally that I worry we haven't got what it takes to stay up there.

But then again Pearson has never yet failed to turn poor form around quite quickly, so another good run is surely on the horizon. If we can stay in touch with 2nd place until the last five games then who knows.

Another poor away performances have not been up to scratch this season and today was another example. Feel like we have returned to that lightweight away form we had at the start of the season

I think Nigel should go to 4-5-1 for every away game, like we did in the festive period when we got a strong draw at Hull and beat Burnley, even if that does mean Wellens coming in whilst James is out!

I firmly believe we will win enough home games to stay in the playoff positions, but for the next away game I would tighten up and try to hard to beat. Hopefully we might have it right for our two leg play-off semi final!

I think the squad has missed a bit of experience all season too. Getting good youngsters in on loan like Keane and Kane is all well and good, but we also need the bread and butter players who know the league. Many experienced players seem to get on the wrong side of Pearson. St Ledger might be the latest?

Until recently my backing of Pearson has been fairly unflinching. Yet he's been given time and more than adequate investment so it would be blinkered not to be worried at the manner in which we've stalled, and how he appears to keep making the same errors. Okay, so some might argue that it's a defensive midfielder or a winger that we need, others could disagree. But there are certain eyebrow-raisers which Pearson has undeniably committed:

a) Never changing the side or strategy after we've won the previous game, regardless of how well we'd played, or how poorly the opposition has played in that game, or whether we're home or away in the next fixture.

b) Not bringing in new players unless we are on a poor run. We played poorly against Wolves and, with the transfer window open for the next few hours, he said he was perfectly happy with his set of players. Two weeks later in comes Kane, and after embarking on this poor run of form I fully expect to see someone else come in before long. A manager has to be more proactive.

c) Appearing to set low expectations by praising our team's performance throughout the season even though we are not doing as well as the board or neutral pundits imagined we would. He is unusually reluctant to criticise the team, under any circumstances. I'd say that this was just a public front, but listening to the likes of Konchesky and James you wonder.

d) In his interviews he attempts to be steadfast in his loyalty to the players. At times he comes across as unprofessional. Today there were excuses; after Peterborough he said 'there's nothing we can do about [losing points in the race for second]'. He sounds thoroughly like a manager whose ceiling is a Championship play-off finish.

e) The Schlupp situation. If one of the best sides in Europe - whose reserves and ex-youth players we hanker after - think a player may be worth a fee then we should certainly be interested. Add to that the fact that he covers three positions: Left back (where we have no cover), left wing (where we look weak) and centre forward (we have a player on loan and haven't scored in two away games against struggling opposition). Add to this the minor footnote that he's already our player, has looked good for us this season and they can't sign him until the summer anyway. I've honestly never known of any situation like this in all my time as a football fan.

f) If some players are struggling for motivation, then it's unusual that your only covering players should be loaned out. Konchesky and De Laet literally have no cover in the club; one of their back-ups is out on loan, the other is just hanging out at another club.

g) The Vardy signing. Since his last goal we have been four times more likely to score without him on the pitch than with him. He was a huge gamble and hasn't paid off. If we seem to lack options up front, as many fans point out, then it's worth pointing out that both Vardy and Futacs were our only forwards to come through the door in the summer and NP signed them.

Until recently my backing of Pearson has been fairly unflinching. Yet he's been given time and more than adequate investment so it would be blinkered not to be worried at the manner in which we've stalled, and how he appears to keep making the same errors. Okay, so some might argue that it's a defensive midfielder or a winger that we need, others could disagree. But there are certain eyebrow-raisers which Pearson has undeniably committed:

a) Never changing the side or strategy after we've won the previous game, regardless of how well we'd played, or how poorly the opposition has played in that game, or whether we're home or away in the next fixture.

b) Not bringing in new players unless we are on a poor run. We played poorly against Wolves and, with the transfer window open for the next few hours, he said he was perfectly happy with his set of players. Two weeks later in comes Kane, and after embarking on this poor run of form I fully expect to see someone else come in before long. A manager has to be more proactive.

c) Appearing to set low expectations by praising our team's performance throughout the season even though we are not doing as well as the board or neutral pundits imagined we would. He is unusually reluctant to criticise the team, under any circumstances. I'd say that this was just a public front, but listening to the likes of Konchesky and James you wonder.

d) In his interviews he attempts to be steadfast in his loyalty to the players. At times he comes across as unprofessional. Today there were excuses; after Peterborough he said 'there's nothing we can do about [losing points in the race for second]'. He sounds thoroughly like a manager whose ceiling is a Championship play-off finish.

e) The Schlupp situation. If one of the best sides in Europe - whose reserves and ex-youth players we hanker after - think a player may be worth a fee then we should certainly be interested. Add to that the fact that he covers three positions: Left back (where we have no cover), left wing (where we look weak) and centre forward (we have a player on loan and haven't scored in two away games against struggling opposition). Add to this the minor footnote that he's already our player, has looked good for us this season and they can't sign him until the summer anyway. I've honestly never known of any situation like this in all my time as a football fan.

f) If some players are struggling for motivation, then it's unusual that your only covering players should be loaned out. Konchesky and De Laet literally have no cover in the club; one of their back-ups is out on loan, the other is just hanging out at another club.

g) The Vardy signing. Since his last goal we have been four times more likely to score without him on the pitch than with him. He was a huge gamble and hasn't paid off. If we seem to lack options up front, as many fans point out, then it's worth pointing out that both Vardy and Futacs were our only forwards to come through the door in the summer and NP signed them.

Good points.

Cue all the sundry excuses that the usual suspects will wanna come out with.

The simple fact is, we are a different side away from home, as I said we would be and it STILL has not been addressed.

That will be the downfall.

Couldn't agree more. Why on earth does Pearson and his pals seem to have such a totally different outlook away from home? Don't they realise that we have to commit ourselves to scoring goals and winning games wherever we're playing if we're ever going to finish where we need to?

Pearson has ridden his luck on many occasions with his awayday approach but I'd have thought our performances at places like Leeds and Watford would have taught him his lesson.

Yet again though we've paid the penalty for the cardinal sin of scoring nil...and it's not for the first time that we've underperformed for no obvious reason on trips to Ipswich.

It really is about attitude and our attitude should be focused and committed, not on the opposition as such, but on how we can score goals on our travels - the same as we do at home.

I sometimes wonder what the hell changes in a few days to go from the efficiency of our performance against Blackburn to the seemingly uninspired disappointment of today.

Couldn't agree more. Why on earth does Pearson and his pals seem to have such a totally different outlook away from home? Don't they realise that we have to commit ourselves to scoring goals and winning games wherever we're playing if we're ever going to finish where we need to?

Pearson has ridden his luck on many occasions with his awayday approach but I'd have thought our performances at places like Leeds and Watford would have taught him his lesson.

Yet again though we've paid the penalty for the cardinal sin of scoring nil...and it's not for the first time that we've underperformed for no obvious reason on trips to Ipswich.

It really is about attitude and our attitude should be focused and committed, not on the opposition as such, but on how we can score goals on our travels - the same as we do at home.

I sometimes wonder what the hell changes in a few days to go from the efficiency of our performance against Blackburn to the seemingly uninspired disappointment of today.

What a dreadful waste of time, money and 3 points.

agree with most of this and thought this myself. We had every reason to go to Portman Road with belief that we could never lose to Ipswich- every position in our team was filled by a player superior to the opposition whom we had dismantled comprehensively a month or so back.

We then sit and wait for something to happen- the self belief in this team needs to match some of our rivals and if at all possible that shown by Reading home and away last year.

NP must address this and not in the usual way of drafting in another loanee- adopt a strategy aimed at winning away by imposing yourself on the opposition not just a supine acceptance that fate will decide the outcome- its a fair gamble after all with £100mill at stake

Archived