Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
shiv

Ipswich Post Match

But these late goals are costing us at an important time in the season.

Can't you see that.

We won't get anywhere, if we concede late goals which lead to defeats.

Same applies to our subs, if drawing 0-0 and we are struggling, or even losing, bringing on Vardy, Gallagher, Dyer, Waghorn won't help.

Of course I can see that, but you have no sense of perspective. It's cost us 2 points! It's not like we've been winning games and conceded a couple of late goals every other week and lost games we've been winning.

I'm far more annoyed with our inability to convert decent chances away from home, than I am about 2 late goals in 34 games.

As I mentioned in the previous thread: Will Pearson be in charge next season if we don't make Autos/win Playoffs?

I don't think so. I am sure that at the start of the season the owners' objective would have been promotion. Pearson had an excuse last year - came in during the season and was effectively managing Sven's squad. He's had the off season and has been given decent money to spend. The championship is such an average league that promotion should have been guaranteed. Pearson's spending hasn't been exactly perfect - Vardy, James (to a lesser extent), Futacs and, may be Marshall give his in and out performances. He decided to retain Dyer, Wellens and Gallagher even though they are not the players to take us up. The club is making significant financial losses but the performance of the team does not assure us that promotion (and the financial rewards that go with it) will be achieved under Pearson. If not, he will be gone.

They've just beat Cardiff 2-1 having signed a couple of players and they're 3 points behind us - doesn't take a terrible run of form to be caught. I don't like sounding negative but unfortunately it's been a very negative day and we've pretty much thrown away a good chance of finishing 2nd.

I don't think you are being negative, maybe I'm being too optimistic but I believe we are at very least one of the best 6 sides in the league.

Two homes games now, we can realistically pick up 6 points, someone around us will drop points in that time. As I said, many twists to come!

Ref was awful and they were a team of cheats.

But we didn't deserve anything never worked their keeper. This game was so similar to Posh away.

Away form is too bad and really can't see us getting autos now.

Need to make sure we get the POs now and sort our form out

Other influences would mean the useless ref at my guess.

:crylaugh:

Well it's took 6 pages and 103 posts but there you go!

Quite proud it's took that long tbh.

(Well think that's the first blame of the ref in the thread anyway).

EDIT - Looks like the floodgate of excuses are coming through now after that post.

:thumbup:

Strong defensive minded midfielder for away fixtures anyone?

:whistle:

Best away defence in the division says the opposite.

Need a more flexible approach to away games.

We've score 17 away goals... the lowest in the whole division is a couple of teams 16

Cardiff & Watford have 28 & 39 respectively - Compare that to 17 we have, lower than Peterborough, Wolves & other piles of shit teams.

We need the exact opposite of defensive midfielders.

No skin off my nose either way ..... but don't expect people to not be annoyed / disappointed and looking for reasons why in a forum about LCFC when they're on a bad run of form.

There's a difference between faith and blind faith ..... and personally i have no faith!

Well same to yourself and Col City Fan. Whenever someone tries to be positive, instantly shot down, especially when it's me.

Guest ttfn

Other influences would mean the useless ref at my guess.

Number 27 said or did something that made Morgan go absolutely ape shit.

Having lost his cool, he lost the ball 30 yards from goal and Ipswich scored.

The cracks started to appear weeks ago when teams found out all they had to do was close us down and Pearson would not have a clue how to change things. Pretty much the same happened today. He will not get a second shot at it if we don't even make the playoffs and bloody good riddence too.

Of course I can see that, but you have no sense of perspective. It's cost us 2 points! It's not like we've been winning games and conceded a couple of late goals every other week and lost games we've been winning.

I'm far more annoyed with our inability to convert decent chances away from home, than I am about 2 late goals in 34 games.

Well I'd rather concede late goals leading to defeats in August, September, October, rather than March an important time of the season with only a month left.

I'm frustrated because we are conceding late goals just like old times, this used to always happen in the Levein and Megson days, it sucks, it's horrible and very frustrating.

Also with teams around us winning, it makes it even more frustrating.

Well same to yourself and Col City Fan. Whenever someone tries to be positive, instantly shot down, especially when it's me.

Not at all .... Just discussing the performance and whats going wrong ..... I just don't feel as positive as you - and have no faith in pearson.

The cracks started to appear weeks ago when teams found out all they had to do was close us down and Pearson would not have a clue how to change things. Pretty much the same happened today. He will not get a second shot at it if we don't even make the playoffs and bloody good riddence too.

Shhhhhh

Number 27 said or did something that made Morgan go absolutely ape shit.

Having lost his cool, he lost the ball 30 yards from goal and Ipswich scored.

Fair play. That might have been it. Saw the commotion but didn't know what the root of it was.

No-one else concerned that our massive gap to the play-offs is now down to 3 points? Don't forget our game in hand is AWAY at CARDIFF so you may aswel count that as a loss too...

I think everyone should stop looking up and start looking down at 7th because we are a LOT closer to that!

Well I'd rather concede late goals leading to defeats in August, September, October, rather than March an important time of the season with only a month left.

I'm frustrated because we are conceding late goals just like old times, this used to always happen in the Levein and Megson days, it sucks, it's horrible and very frustrating.

Also with teams around us winning, it makes it even more frustrating.

What a bizarre thing to say! You do realise they cost the same whatever month of the season you concede them in?!

I'd hardly say our current situation is comparable with the Levein/Megson dark days.

We missed a fantastic chance to go 1-0 up. 8 yards out with no pressure on and Kane doesn't even test the keeper. Shocking miss.

We didn't do anything that made us so fantastic on Tuesday. Failed to use the flanks, failed to get into any flow. Ok, the pitch wasn't great but that was a toothless team performance.

Yes the ref was shit, but we have to deal with that. Chopra should've been sent off, but he wasn't. He cleverly rattled Wes and that lead to his mistake which gave them their goal.

Simply not good enough for a team wanting to be playing top flight football next season.

I think that with the same manager, the same owners, and most of the same players, we will certainly be one of the top two teams in this division next season.

A few players on high wages who have contributed little need to be moved on, as a few hardworkers who give their all but are not quite good enough need to be moved on.

The talented young players already here need a bit more quality help, hopefully with more experience than they have, and we are sorted for promotion.

Wasn't everyone saying they wanted to see a team built rather than bought?

Archived