Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
shiv

Ipswich Post Match

How can we ever progress with a midfield consisting of King Gallagher and Dyer in a 442, especially away from home. It hasn't worked since 2009 and even then we loaned Spearing as they'd been found out.

Ashamed of that subs bench too we might as well not make any changes during the game, feels like going back in time to medicrity.

Frustrating. This is a massive, killer blow, especially consdering teams around us (Brighton, Hull, Boro and Palace yesterday) all picked up results. But is it over yet? Of course not. I never thought we'd make the top two anyway, and I'd certainly take a play off place, as I would have prior to the season starting.

Don't care what anyone says.

Our away form has been crap.

And now we are conceding late goals again just like old times.

88th minute against Peterborough, now 85th against Ipswich.

Not good enough.

Wow, 2 late goals in 34 games! Terrible habit.

Who's the scapegoat this week?

Pearson out!

We are going down!

he's doing a shite job away from home, simple as that

something needs to happen at Leicester, we shouldn't be in this division and something must give.

fed up of being dissapointed every single season

Words fail me when trying to think about the fans who traveled today

Lets listen to a really informative Pearson interview now

Away... 442... struggle to get anywhere again.

Notice a pattern?

The problem is, as one poster pointed out the other day, that our main trouble away from home is not conceding goals, but scoring them. So how should we do this? At least with 4-4-2 we have 2 up front, unless we go 4-3-3 (which didn't seem to work the other week), or a counter-attacking 4-5-1? The latter comes a bit unstuck though if we come up against battling teams who are happy to sit back and do the same...Any suggestions anyone?

Sounded like we got what we deserved. Very few chances created.

Once again weve started poorly and ended up with a poor result. I don't know whether it's an attitude problem but there's no way we played with enough uregency today. We should be a lot better than Ipswich.

The problem is, as one poster pointed out the other day, that our main trouble away from home is not conceding goals, but scoring them. So how should we do this? At least with 4-4-2 we have 2 up front, unless we go 4-3-3 (which didn't seem to work the other week), or a counter-attacking 4-5-1? The latter comes a bit unstuck though if we come up against battling teams who are happy to sit back and do the same...Any suggestions anyone?

What's the point in having 2 upfront if the midfield is being outgunned & can't join in the attacks like they so readily do at home

We just don't create the chances that 2 forwards in the box can benefit from, whereas if we were competing more in the middle it would protect the defence more as well as enable more to join in attacks better, but from different positions.

We're very easy to do a job on, because we're predictable in a 442, especially when we get less of the ball away from home

Whereas other formations lend themselves to being in other positions as well as having the numbers to compete better.

Something we're gonna need in the playoff away leg - IF we can keep winning at home.

Move on to the next game is all we can do, very disappointing result though and typical of us.

I just want to get to the end of the season now it is getting to frustrating to watch. 12 more games of this, its going to be exciting thats for sure.

he's doing a shite job away from home, simple as that

something needs to happen at Leicester, we shouldn't be in this division and something must give.

fed up of being dissapointed every single season

Words fail me when trying to think about the fans who traveled today

Lets listen to a really informative Pearson interview now

Stupid comment. Utterly pathetic, go and support Manchester United - they have good seasons every season! We deserve to be in this division because we haven't played well enough to get out of it. We have to earn it.

We'll be fine - a little bit of faith would be useful.

Hull were battered last week then they destroy brum today.

This league as said many times by many people is unpredictable.

This was a bad day at the office, at no point this seasonhave we lost and conceded a hat full of goals.

We will be in the play offs at minimum. There are plenty of twists to come. I wouldn't be suprised to see Cardiff pulled into the play offs.

Hull were battered last week then they destroy brum today.

This league as said many times by many people is unpredictable.

This was a bad day at the office, at no point this seasonhave we lost and conceded a hat full of goals.

We will be in the play offs at minimum. There are plenty of twists to come. I wouldn't be suprised to see Cardiff pulled into the play offs.

Totally agree.

Archived