Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
shiv

Ipswich Post Match

No idea....... :dunno:

But it does happen all too often, maybe it is just the way we see each game but the principle is sound.

We are a far better side when we take it too the opposition, simple as that. It is not some silly crusade about wanting attacking football, it is just doing what we are best at....... :thumbup:

Sure, we might let in a few more goals but if we played our usual attacking game I would back us to win more games than we lose, and away from home that will be enough....... :scarf:

Agreed. We have some of the best attacking options in the league so why not go for it!

Agreed. We have some of the best attacking options in the league so why not go for it!

Totally agree.

But you don't get that under NP.

Most managers have two units in a team, an attacking and defensive one.

We just have 11 players responsible for both all of the time, and is one reason players like marshall are now lacking creativity.

I'm afraid this result is confirmation that NP just hasn't got the tactical acumen to get us up. Not for the first time this season away from home, we were by far the better side, but we seemed to assume that we would grind them down and either get a one nil on the break or else hold out for a goal less draw which, if we won our two home games this week, would probably be considered just about about acceptable by the club. Consequently we were too cautious and not sufficiently pro active. Playing Knockhart and Marshall away from home just doesn't work....both were anonymous today....and we persisted in hitting aimless long balls to the front two with little success.

We have now gained one point from the last three away games,,,,against Peterborough , Blackpool and now Ipswich....all of whom are in the bottom of the division. This is just not good enough... We have enough quality in the side but NP's tactics are far too cautious and result in us panicking when we don't score. Today, Wes was unusually put off his stride by not getting a free kick but should not have allowed this to affect his game, and consequently we conceded a poor goal, although Schmeical may feel looking back, that he could have done better.

Our away form is just not good enough and it is possible now that we might not even make the play offs. This is just not acceptable given the squad we have , and it is looking more than ever that NP just isn't capable of getting us up. We have probably the best squad in the division and the only game where we deserved to lose to a better team was Crystal Palace at home. To be languishing 8 points behind Hull is not acceptable and we don't seem to know how to play away from home.

Automatic promotion appears to have gone...especially given our last few fixtures....and if we miss out on remaining in the top six then we will be looking for a new manager for next season . I'm afraid that, despite all the good work he has done for us, Nigel is just not good enough and we are going to be consigned to yet another season in the Championship.

Let us hope I am wrong, but unfortunately I doubt it

Guest ttfn

I think a lot of people would feel much better if Pearson just came out after a performance like that and said it wasn't good enough. Not "it wasn't our best". Not "things haven't gone in our favour". Just that it wasn't good enough and that there are plenty of other hungry players looking to take the shirts of those not performing.

The performances since the Bristol game have been utter dogshit, and make no mistake. We were passed off the pitch by an out-of-form Middlesbrough, came perilously close to dropping points at hometo the worst Wolves side in 20 years and have lost to Peterborough, Huddersfield, Charlton and Ipswich, each of whom look like they'd have struggled to have got out of League One the year we went up.

Other than King, Morgan, Schmeichel and Konchesky, nobody is consistently hitting the heights required. Even Wood, whose goalscoring exploits have been great since he joined ("all he does is score goals") has been poor off the ball in the last 5 or 6 games.

It's not good enough. People are paying serious money to see these guys perform and they're just not doing it. Pearson is the man to blame for this. As I said on an earlier thread, for the first time I am really starting to question the wisdom of having Pearson as manager. All of the invention in our away performances from August to October seems to have vanished and we've now resorted to lumping long balls up to the front men. It's pathetic for a club with the players and resources that we possess.

We can and must do better.

My opinion of your posts has improved greatly over the course of the season Bert.

You say it how it is, IMO.

When it comes to games, everyone has their own opinions and rightly so. Will always say things how I see it. Some may like it, some won't. Such is life.

Depressing result, yet again, we go to lower quality opposition and apparently give them too much credit.

The reason we are not in the premiership, is because we arent good enough, and that ispartially because we dont think we are good enough.

As one of the leagues best squads, we should go to ipswich...peterborough et al with the intent and expectation to beat them. we seem to go along with more hope than confidence.

We know we have one of the defences in the league... show them the trust and respect they deserve by ATTACKING and trust that they will defend.

If we want to be in the prem...weve got to play and be managed like we think we should be there

For me yesterdays performance was the poorest I've seen them in the league, we kept playing that silly long ball football where Konchesky booted the ball forward and hoped to either find Wood or Kane's head. Once again no threat from the wings, we need a good winger!

Drinkwater looked poor once again for me, time he was dropped? and I also think we could do with the pace of Schlupp back in the team!

For me yesterdays performance was the poorest I've seen them in the league, we kept playing that silly long ball football where Konchesky booted the ball forward and hoped to either find Wood or Kane's head. Once again no threat from the wings, we need a good winger!

Drinkwater looked poor once again for me, time he was dropped? and I also think we could do with the pace of Schlupp back in the team!

You see but you don't understand........ :dunno:

We set up deep and rarely allow our fullbacks forward and our wide players are required to 'tuck in' and cover so there is no one wide in forward areas to give the ball to, so naturally there are few crosses into the box.

Our front 2 are kept well forward so there is a huge gap between them and the rest of the team, hence the long ball and no support........ :frusty:

Getting in another winger would not help because he would still be required to do the defensive work that Knockaert and Marshall were loaded down with yesterday, against Blackburn, with a far more positive and attacking attitude they got lads of crosses in and we won woth some ease....... :thumbup:

I've said it before and I will say it again bar our defence we've got only got 11 good players as soon as we dive on to the bench its shocking and it WILL cost us automatic promotion.

Not the issue...... :(

We had our first choice XI on the pitch for more than an hour and they created nothing.

Remarkably, Ipswich were very wary of us, they started with a clogger in front of their back 4 and actually gave us space to operate in but we were so reluctant to take them on that the first half was the worst 45 minutes I have seen this season.

They were there for the taking but we never had the balls to take them on....... :frusty:

Just got back after a few days in essex. Having been to the games saturday i think that was possibly the worst 90mins i have ever watched.

Kane should have buried that chance. We didnt make their keeper make a save. And wes. Just get ****ing rid son.

I didn't go yesterday but a read of this thread pretty much paints a picture of what happened - I've been to enough games this year to know what's most likely happened and it really is a shame to hear we've gone backwards to hoofball. The one thing I said when we signed Wood is that I hope we don't go back to 4-4-2 playing hoofball because we've got a big man and, sadly, on the road it appears we're going back to doing just that. We've won a mere one away game with Wood in the side and that was one against the most out of form side in the division and Wood turned on the style big time.

It's not a criticism of Wood, I love the bloke, I think his finishing is fantastic and he's got very high potential, it's more criticism that we've scrapped the positive, attractive approach on the road and we've gone all old-fashioned again, and where's it got us? We're scoring an absolutely laughably low number on the road.

I think Pearson needs to return to the positive approach where we thumped Huddersfield away, would've thumped the likes of Birmingham, Wolves & Blackburn etc... - I strongly believe if Wood was playing those games we'd have won all three. I just think we've got a squad capable of doing special things and ever since we've bought Wood, Pearson's gone back to wanting to scrap 0-1's on the road and we simply don't seem capable of doing it.

Thracian is spot on - we're not ruthless. We seem to have completely pissed our top two ruthlessness away and that's why we'll not be finishing in them. I'm still confident we'll make the top six because I simply fail to believe there are six better sides than us, but Pearson really has disappointed me in the past month.

Depressing result, yet again, we go to lower quality opposition and apparently give them too much credit.

The reason we are not in the premiership, is because we arent good enough, and that ispartially because we dont think we are good enough.

As one of the leagues best squads, we should go to ipswich...peterborough et al with the intent and expectation to beat them. we seem to go along with more hope than confidence.

We know we have one of the defences in the league... show them the trust and respect they deserve by ATTACKING and trust that they will defend.

If we want to be in the prem...weve got to play and be managed like we think we should be there

You're spot on.

We should go to these places and put them on the back foot from the off. I don't care what way people look at this - we beat Ipswich SIX NIL this season, that alone proves they're very beatable and if we go there with a similar approach, you'd be strongly expectant of the same thing. You'll get people say "it doesn't always work like that in football" but I'm convinced that's because of negative attitude's from the off and failure to believe in yourselves.

I think it's the sole biggest problem with the majority of sides in this country personally and it stretches as far to even the national team. We simply fear far too much.

People were saying yesterday that our wingers were nullified. The thing I don't get is, Knockaert's best performances have been through the centre. He's not particularly quick, but is one of those rare players who can keep the ball in a small space and thread balls with precision. During our best run of the season he was playing in the hole and spraying passes around left, right and centre, he was the key to us dominating.

So if he's not doing anything out wide like yesterday, are we changing it to put him in the middle? If not, why?

It's such a shame to hear how we're playing at the moment, considering how well we can play when we're positive and attack in full flow. And it's gutting to see Hull, a side who have so often looked average and who we tore apart at our ground earlier in the season, 8 points ahead of us in 2nd.

Because Pearson seems convinced 4-4-2 is the answer on the road and with this group of players it just isn't, I'm sure of it.

Fully agreed that Knockaert's far better in the middle, just behind the forwards. His passing's massively under-rated, he used to play the forwards in all the time.

Agree best send NP an e mail to that effect.What Knocky brought was confidence to play in very tight situations some lovely stuff with letting de lait go outside.By all accounts marshall had a decent game on the right on the week but some of the best play I have seen this year has been knock right/central feeding the spaces for the full backs.Need two wins now.

Last night I threw my toys out of the pram and after calming down I would like to make a calm rational viewpoint. Firstly despite my positive persona I have followed our team since as a starry eyed 6 year old I went to my first game at the wonderful Filbo in 1969. Due to that period of time I think people who have followed for many years or just know our history will understand that it has been a rollercoaster ride which in itself is an understatement.Last season I feel was potentially the most damaging in the clubs history, the mismatch of overpriced overpaid signings made by Svens "sweety shop" policy could have taken us back to the dark days of almost financial extinction IMO. The owners decided to bring NP back and the job he has had to do in addressing these problems has been immense, couple that with the added pressure of promotion demands and it is no wonder sometimes he goes for the negative or wrong option in away games particularly. I firmly believe NP is doing a good job under very difficult circumstances and time and patience are the answer not the kneejerk managerial merrygoround option. I think critique and criticism is healthy and comments to my kneejerk rant include Waller and others saying was it me etc? No it wasn't anyone in particular I personally welcome Waller, Seeenitall, LCFC Snow and anyone /everyones opinion,however controversial when it is tempered with reason and balance. What got to me is the speed of our fans to write us off, abuse/blame NP and the fact that people seemed to be revelling in a frustrating defeat. Not only did this thread way surpass tuesday nights excellent performance thread, in no time another stack of threads popped up including; why are we shit away, anyone worried about dropping out of playoffs, is Mr Pearson not so great, why not sign Boyd, even one about them prats 26 miles up the road who don't care about us and more besides! This negativity I find frankly quite embarassing and request you just take a minute guys and think about how we must look to opposing clubs fans looking at our forum. I promise I am a realist and do know that there are some problems that need addressing but every football team in this league are going to suffer defeats and poor performances, it's what happens over the whole season that counts! Now is not the time to turn on the manager and team it is the time to rally behind the troops be the 12th man and support! There is still a long way to go plenty of points to play for and a crazy amount of twists and turns to come imo. :chant:

Not the issue...... :(

We had our first choice XI on the pitch for more than an hour and they created nothing.

Remarkably, Ipswich were very wary of us, they started with a clogger in front of their back 4 and actually gave us space to operate in but we were so reluctant to take them on that the first half was the worst 45 minutes I have seen this season.

They were there for the taking but we never had the balls to take them on....... :frusty:

that's the point though the majority of these players have been playing all season.

that's the point though the majority of these players have been playing all season.

Not really, Keane, Konchesky, King, Marshall, Knockaert and Kane have all had spells out of the side.

I do not think that it is a tiredness or fitness issue, it's a setup and attitude problem.

Ipswich were scared of us, setting up pretty defensively at home and giving us space to play but our players were under instructions and never tried to really get after them.

Ipswich were there for the taking and we never made the effort, simple as that...... :(

Not really, Keane, Konchesky, King, Marshall, Knockaert and Kane have all had spells out of the side.

I do not think that it is a tiredness or fitness issue, it's a setup and attitude problem.

Ipswich were scared of us, setting up pretty defensively at home and giving us space to play but our players were under instructions and never tried to really get after them.

Ipswich were there for the taking and we never made the effort, simple as that...... :(

A change of formation would of done it for me. Mick McCarthy openly said he went to our game tues against Blackburn and would of seen our danger from wide areas so set his side up to stop that. Had we of played 4 4 3 then I think it would of thrown them a bit

A change of formation would of done it for me. Mick McCarthy openly said he went to our game tues against Blackburn and would of seen our danger from wide areas so set his side up to stop that. Had we of played 4 4 3 then I think it would of thrown them a bit

What no keeper. Yes that may have worked. Not.

Archived