Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CardiffAlex

Tuesday Night... Thoughts?

I'm going expecting nothing and another abject performance but I just hope the 700/800 of us that do go have a backs against the wall attitude, some fight, aggression, passion and real support from the terrace no matter what happens. These spells are when the team needs the supporters to support, leave the negativity and criticisms behind at the turnstile.

That I'm afraid is a widely perpetuated misconception

Arses do not simply fall in to gear and the 'gearmaster' has forgotten how to work said gears/arses (oooh-errr)

= Oh Dear

Yeh well I'm saying OUR arses WILL kick into gear. We've not been a relegation team this season so I don't believe relegation form will plague us forever.

We'll do 'em. We've got to get our arses in gear sometime, it seems like a nailed on loss which is the kind of game I fancy us to spring a surprise in.

It's time for THE STREAK.

0-1.

its always time for....

Must win so we will some have said, so I guess some of the recent games weren't really important enough?

Our form is dreadful, we are so slow, so deliberate and lacking any cutting edge. We lose patient as the game progresses and resort to lumping to Wood which is of very little use. The longer the game went on, what little confidence they had seemed to drain away. Our corners on Saturday almost always went to Kirklands reach, so unless we can somehow improve delivery from set play I don't see us scoring any/many. Did out best performances happen while Knocky was on top form? I think we'll miss RDL on the right wing, although I thought the knock he got in the 1st half on saturday stopped him getting forward for much of that game.

I've no idea how to resolve it, but they are not the team that were so good earlier this season, and I think we'll get thumped tomoro and be lucky to stay in a play off position this season now. I've been and try to continue to be a supporter of NP, and value what he's achieved at city, but I'm losing faith in his ability to sort this out now.

From Cardiff OS

PUBLISHED

14:45 11th March 2013

Cardiff City’s Tuesday night kick-off against Leicester City is eagerly anticipated by both sides, with much to gain on fellow promotion rivals. Building gaps or clawing back points on the chasing pack, every game between now and the end of the season is of vital importance.

Ahead of our 7:45pm Tuesday evening kick-off, Richard Shepherd has dug out the following facts and stats, looking at the Foxes season so far. Feel free to impress your friends before kick-off with one or two of the following. . .

* Of their last five away games, Leicester have won two, drawn one and lost two.

* In scoring goal, Leicester are at their most dangerous between 46 and 60 minutes of any game. They have scored twelve goals this season during that spell. Their next most dangerous spell is between 61 and 75 minutes when they have scored eleven goals during that period.

* In conceding goals, Leicester are at their most vulnerable between 16 and 30 minutes of any match. During that spell they have conceded nine goals in various matches.

* Top scorer to date is David Nugent with fifteen goals, but he has not scored in his last six matches.

* Of their seventeen League victories so far this season, seven have been a one-goal margin, five by a two-goal margin, two by a three-goal margin, one by a four-goal margin and two by a five-goal margin.

* All twelve League matches that have been lost by Leicester so far this season have been by a one-goal margin, including the King Power Stadium loss to Cardiff City FC.

* Their best month so far in terms of results was January during which they won all four League games played.

* Their worst month so far has been March – of the three games played this month, they have taken just one point.

* They have won away from home on five occasions – September 29th 2-1 at Middlesbrough; October 2nd 2-0 at Huddersfield; November 24th 2-0 at Sheffield Wednesday; December 29th 1-0 at Burnley; January 12th 4-0 at Bristol City.

* If Leicester City fail to win against Cardiff City on Tuesday, it will equal their longest winless sequence this season of four matches from December 8th to December 26th.

How many do you think will make the trip? Scoreline prediction?

Im going for a 1-1 draw as both teams are out of form.

800 were sold by first thing this morning - imagine some more went today but don't know how many out of the 2,000+ would have gone.

We need a win, not sure where it will come from though, we've resorted to a longer game which your CB's will eat for breakfast.

If we play fast, passing football & press high like what got us in the top 2 we could get a result, if we play long... then I think we'll get beat convincingly.

Cardiff 1-3 Leicester.

If we're anything like recently, then adios to our record of not losing a game by more than 1 but I think the whole pressure will change Pearson's attitude a bit, it'll give him a kick up the arsehole and I actually fancy us to get something.

I sound incredibly, incredibly deluded and it's blind optimism at its finest but fvck it. I am determined to see us win there, 4 midweek trips have all ended sourly for me, FIFTH time lucky please.

Head says 2-0 Cardiff, heart says 1-3 Leicester & sod it, going with heart.

Should be a good night anyway I reckon.

Cardiff 1-3 Leicester.

If we're anything like recently, then adios to our record of not losing a game by more than 1 but I think the whole pressure will change Pearson's attitude a bit, it'll give him a kick up the arsehole and I actually fancy us to get something.

I sound incredibly, incredibly deluded and it's blind optimism at its finest but fvck it. I am determined to see us win there, 4 midweek trips have all ended sourly for me, FIFTH time lucky please.

Fingers crossed you are right

Cardiff 1-3 Leicester.

Fingers crossed you are right

Archived