Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tempwan Yierban

TPH's Ale Thread

The beers aren't so expensive in my opinion £4 -£5 for a really good pint is good value compared to some of the crap out there, Criterion charge £4.80 for a schooner of Lagunitas IPA

I can appreciate  that  the ales are decent.In their booklet it says they use more hops/malt which costs more to brew. However I rarely drink lager and the guest ales that I have in other places are quite drinkable at £3. I may well go in Brewdog again but only for 1/2 or  just a pint. I do not have the income for a longer session unfortunately.The one I had was nice though.

not as catchy imo. imagine the #LADs at the top of the strip "you going the bar? yeah let's go the bar" THE DREAM.

also involving a region again narrows the potential customer base, people from the east side ain't gonna come for a pint in a north western named banter bar are they? did you learn nothing from 90s hip-hop?

U melty old norris

Might go to brewdog pre match tomorrow

If I go anywhere it will be Kings Head. Was not gonna bother but sort of said to someone I might go in for the game and watch the results on skysports. I'll listen to the game on my phone or MP3 player.

Finally tried this Doom Bar everyone was talking about pages ago.  I'd describe the flavour as ordinary with a dash of watery to finish. Very disappointing and now I am wary of trusting this thread in future.

Finally tried this Doom Bar everyone was talking about pages ago. I'd describe the flavour as ordinary with a dash of watery to finish. Very disappointing and now I am wary of trusting this thread in future.

Doom Bar is very bland and watery, don't remember anyone in the thread saying it was amazing. I don't think I did?

I expected it to be heavier and more flavoursome than it was.

Doom Bar is very bland and watery, don't remember anyone in the thread saying it was amazing. I don't think I did?

I expected it to be heavier and more flavoursome than it was.

To be fair I've searched it and it only 3 people actually mentioned it positively, maybe the name just stuck in my head.  I take back what I said about this thread.

The beers aren't so expensive in my opinion £4 -£5 for a really good pint is good value compared to some of the crap out there, Criterion charge £4.80 for a schooner of Lagunitas IPA

Involved in a bottle of Ringwood Old Thumper now. It's grown on me as it's gone down, very full flavour.

Old Thumper is fine ale.  :thumbup:

Archived