Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Brum Player Ratings

Schmeichel - 7

De Laet - 6

Keane - 7

Morgan - 7

Konchesky - 5 - Constantly gave the ball away

King - 6

James - Best player for me. Knocked the ball around well and his corners were excellent

Drinkwater- 6

Schlupp - 7 - Missed a lot of chances before scoring.

Wood - 7 - Held the ball up well and created decent chances. Out wide though.

Nugent - 6

Schmeichel 6 - Didn't have to do much, few punches and same old passion

De Laet 6 - Didn't really get to see much of him, struggled to be a threat going forward

Morgan 7 - Been better, but performed pretty comfortably

Keane 7 - Another good performance, like how he can actually find passes to midfielders

Konchesky 6 - But like De Laet, not much from him going forward

James 8 - Two assists, and linked up well with King, winning balls and passed well

King 8 - Defensively great, looked forward, and also should of scored

Drinkwater 5 - Piss poor again, guy is a joke

Wood 6 - Not good enough again, big presence like him out wide is an awful decision

Schlupp 7 - Down the middle, he struggled, soon as he was put out wide he looked more dangerous

Nugent 4 - Nothing paying off for him, giving away the penalty sums up his current form

Think I was at a different game .Thought RDL played well going forward and wood,his hold up play was very tidy.

I was at the back of SK2 and a few lads near me agreed.

Thought Zigic actually lost Keane on a number of occasions,just peeled off and lost him,but did well apart from that.

No scores,just my input.

Kasper 7- good saves and his kicking almost set up a couple of goals for us

RDL 6- I like him but he gives away possession needlessly sometimes

Morgan 7- Solid

Keane 7- really like this guy, should've scored though

Konchesky 4- Am I the only one who though he was pretty shocking last night? He just doesn't bother marking half the time. I just think he's better than what he is showing

Schlupp 7- Indifferent performance imo. Looks a bit nervous when put through on goal. Still he is young and he took his goal well. Just want him to make a position his own and work more in his attributes for that role

King 8- very good performance again!

James 8- See above

Drinky 6- can't give him a fair rating as I can't remember seeing him lol

Wood 7- His hold up play was loads better last night, good job

Nuge 5- love the guy but.....oh dear. Just launch it over your shoulder, don't run towards your own goal!!

Dyer 6.5- his pace really did scare them and he out in a couple of decent balls

Pearson 0- can't believe he forgot to tell nugent before the game not to run the ball to his own box in the last few minutes. Rookie error!!

Kasper - 7 - Saved our blushes again at times.

RDL - 7 - We are a much better team with his pace down the right.

Morgan - 7 - Solid but let Zigic drift away from him for their first.

Keane - 7 - impressive again but switches off when marking at corners.

Konch - 7 - better performance than of late.

James - 8 - great corners, nice touches in the middle and worked hard.

Drinkwater - 6 - pace exploited again, gave it away too much and slows our moves down. One of our biggest problems in my opinion.

King - 8 - should have scored but thought he was excellent, all over the place and some great little touches to get moves going.

Nugent - 3 - not working as hard, bereft of confidence and a waste of a shirt. Should not have still been on the pitch for when he cost us the match.

Wood - 6 - did surprisingly well out wide but still a mistake to play him out there, especially with Knocky available.

Schlupp - 7 - yes his first touch was off at times, yes he missed a couple of good chances, BUT he's much much more of a threat compared to Wood and Nugent due to his pace, strength and energy.

Dyer - 6 - caused trouble with his pace.

Kane - NA - seriously, why?

Schmeichel 7 - Actually had little to do and was quite commanding come out punching crosses, good distribution and got close to pen.

De Laet 7 - Useful going forward and kept pace with Ferguson.

Morgan 7 - Pretty solid

Keane 7 - Likewise

Konchesky 7 - Did well against Redmond. Was a bit dodgey at the end, ran up the pitch without needing to, leaving open space.

James 7 - Good battler, kept us moving.

Drinkwater 5 - First thought is to go backwards every time. No real influence.

King 8 - Looked great in that advanced midfield role, very involved.

Wood - 7 Odd him being out wide but did fairly well.

Schlupp 7 - Missed a host of chances to put the game away, but didn't do too badly. Didn't use his pace in behind enough.

Nugent 0 - Had a shocker.

Dyer 4 - Had little time to do much.

Kane 0 - Pointless. Came on and walked around.

Matty James is becoming my favourite player and When Schlupp went wide right he reminded me of bolasie and zaha of Palace! Quick and direct. I feel Nigel is playing Nugent and Wood wide though because they hold there position and get back! I do feel this is holding players back like Marshall and Knockeart because all they have done is work work work defensively and tracking back all the time. Effecting there forward play

Schmeichel- 7 (No chance with the goals, made a couple of good saves from Redmond)

De Laet- 5 (Struggled against Ferguson)

Morgan- 7 (Good display, lovely skills)

Keane- 8 (Had a tough ask against Zigic but overall coped well)

Konchesky- 7 (Tough against Redmond but made some timely interceptions)

James- 8 (Corners were great, kept the ball moving)

King- 8 (Always involved, made some good tackles and created a number of chances)

Drinkwater- 6 (Why does he always turn backwards now? He's better than that)

Nugent- 4 (Worked hard but the penalty was his biggest contribution, sadly)

Wood- 6 (Much improved)

Schlupp- 6 (A point for his goal, decent movement, but finishing wasn't good enough for the chances he had)

Kasper 7 - Some good saves, unlucky with the penalty.

RDL 6.5 - Few shaky moments at the back but good going forward.

Morgan 7 - Solid performance again, and loved when he megged Curtis Davies.

Keane 7 - Should have scored, but did well against Zigic.

Konch 6 - Not his best game but kept going throughout.

Drinkwater 5 - Better than he has been but still not great. Some sloppy passes again. Looks a completely different player to what we saw earlier in the season. He also doesn't track back quick enough, he looks like he just can't be arsed sometimes.

King 8.5 - MOTM for me. Worked his socks off as usual, some great bursting runs which was probably helped with Drinkwater and James sitting behind him, and did his usual defensive duties.

James 8 - Very good game, 2 assists. Good at tidying up in midfield.

Wood 7 - Great workrate, though he looked good out wide as he brought other players into the game well.

Nuge 4 - Would be a 6 had he not given away the penalty. Very silly mistake but still our top goalscorer.

Schlupp 7.5 - Delighted he got a goal he deserved. People are overanalysing his performance. Yes we would have given Vardy more stick if he'd missed those chances, but Vardy is 26 years old which should be close to the peak of his career. Jeff is 20 FFS! He always looked dangerous and created a lot of his chances for himself. Needs a good run in the team, cos let's be honest Wood and Nuge haven't looked like scoring for the last handful of games. And at least we don't hoof the ball as much when Jeff's playing.

Subs:

Dyer 6.5 - Probably shown a lot of people he still has something to offer. Looked dangerous.

Kane n/a - did he even touch the ball?

Pearson 5 - Obviously he could do nothing about what Nuge did. But his substitutions really do baffle me sometimes. He brought off Wood, who was playing well and didn't look half as knackered as Nuge and Schlupp. Not sure what Waggy has to do to be given some game time, he looked dangerous coming off the bench before Kane was signed. As for Knocky, he's been a bit unlucky I think. Marshall has been poor recently yet still gets game time. Even off the bench surely Knocky deserves to regain his place? His twitter comments won't have helped, but Marshall told our fans to fvck off the other day and gets started the next game.

Schmeichel 5 - should have done better for the first

De Laet 7 - Got forward well and solid in defence

Morgan 7 Standard

Keane 7- Coped well with Zigic

Konchesky 4 - Made Redmond look like Ronaldo

James 8 - 2 assists and covered well

King 8 - all over the place defending and attacking(in a good way)

Drinkwater 6 - meh

Wood 6 - Did ok

Schlupp 7 - played well but can't finish his own dinner

Nugent 5 - what a ****ing idiot

Knocky knows he is a much better player than most of the guys on the pitch in many ways.Just needs some serious instructions before going on.How the devil Kane can go on in front of Knocky is beyond me.he shows for everything, can keep it,pass,shoot,run into the corners,incredible.

Archived