Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Player Ratings?

Schmeichel 8 - Made some key saves, particularly one near the end when it could of easily bounced over him

De Laet 6 - Did well for most of the game, but my word did he have a nervous/poor final 10 minutes

Morgan 8 - Absolute rock again, played like the leader he is

Keane 6 - Got beat in the air too many times tonight, not that good

Konchesky 7 - A consistent performance from Konch

Knockaert 7 - Hit and miss performance, greedy at times, but also dangerous

James 9 - Incredible player, works hard, defensively brilliant, attacking wise just as good

King 8 - Links up so well with James and other players

Dyer 9 - Tore them apart, brilliant goal, brilliant attacking display, MOTM

Wood 8 - Best performance for a while, first half he was quality, not so good second half, but who cares

Schlupp 8 - Another goal, looked more dangerous than Friday night

Kasper: 7 - A couple of top saves but needs to be more constructive with his communication. Defence looks poor and he's a key part of it's organisation.

RDL: 6 - Useful coming forward but not dazzling. Part of a poor back 4.

Wes: 5 - Slight dip of late, some good blocks today but overall we were shocking at the back. Always under threat.

Keane: 5 - As Wes, feels harsh to mark them down after such a strong season but today both looked at risk.

Konchesky: 4 - Pointless. Frequently defend him but today it was hard, gave the ball away and was never in position defensively.

Dyer: 7.5 - Took his goal magnificently and flopped like a salmon for the pen. Some very sloppy distribution otherwise and occasionally held on to the ball for too long. Could have played in Schlupp.

James: 8 - Imperious. Thought he was a bit anonymous against Brum but everywhere tonight.

King: 7 - Standard, did nothing wrong, moved the ball about well.

Knocky: 6.5 - Did nothing wrong but almost looks like he's either had his wings clipped or he's a little bereft of confidence. Some may like his more conservative approach but he's clearly at his best when at his most audacious.

Wood: 8 - Fantastic performance, really came alive after the penalty. Stunning work for Lloyd's goal.

Schlupp: 7 - Not convinced, really. Took his goal well but still don't think he's ready to lead the line at the level we want to be at.

Genuinely surprised to see such high praise for Wes, almost feels like marking him up out of habit.

I'm not sure if we've made a shift to our marking or what but I thought we were dire tonight. Didn't look like the best defence in the league at all, always looked shakey.

The fact we felt the need to play five at the back for added time is embarrassing.

(Should clarify, I do otherwise think he's been our player of the season and I love him to bits. Just didn't feel any of the back four/five were at the races today in terms of shape.)

Schmeichel 8 - Some good saves in that second half and his distribution was great.

De Laet 7 - Looked shakey at the end but had a good game.

Morgan 7 - Had a lot to do with Keane not playing as well. Took him up till half time to learn how to defend against Ngog.

Keane 5 - Made to look very average tonight against two strong, pacey strikers. Lucky that the handball at the end wasn't given.

Konchesky 7 - Much better in the last few games. Played well against another tricky opponent.

Knockaert 6 - Had one close shot at goal but was largely ineffective and too greedy.

James 8 - Very good again. Corners are dangerous and his all round play is great.

King 7 - Played well again despite there only being two in the middle. Awful header gifted their second goal.

Dyer 8 - Great when he's direct. All he has to do is run at his man and he can beat him. Cracking goal.

Wood 8 - MOTM Great tonight, aggresive and won a lot of nothing balls or second balls. Calm penalty and did amazingly well for Dyer's goal.

Schlupp 7 - Opposite to the other day, where he had buckets of chances and only took one, having a half chance and taking it.

Kasper 7 - Kept us in the game with some good saves.

RDL 6 - A pretty standard performance.

Konch 6 - Shocking in the first half. Got better as the game went on.

Morgan 6 - Put his body on the line, one of the hardest battles he'll have had all season.

Keane 6 - Another who was in a tough battle. Never shyed away even though he was given a hard time.

Knocky 6 - Held on to the ball a bit too much at times but he was a great outlet.

Dyer 8 - At his best. Utilised his pace, won a penalty and scored a belter. Even provides some comedy with that ripping shot that went miles wide.

James 9 - Phenomenal performance. He was just class apart.

King 7 - Another good game with some good surging runs. Covers well for others.

Schlupp 8 - Pace troubled them, absolute PING.

Wood 8 - Back to his best. A confidence boosting goal, a fantastic assist and some wonderful all round play.

Kasper 7 - steady performance

RDL 5 - nearly cost us late on

Konchesky 6 - ok but very wayward with passing at times

Wes 7 strong Captains effort

Keane 6 fair game, tough challenge against physical presence

Knocka 7 good performance overall, better second half

Dyer 8 great effort with tonsilitis

James 7 best effort to date

King 7 good performance

Schlupp 7 great goal but was that sharp first half

Wood 9 strong overall effort, made the difference

I'm sorry but anybody who gives Schlupp under 8 needs their head looking at. He caused Bolton's back 4 troubles all night with his pace, wasn't as greedy as Birmingham and scored an absolute worldy!

Schmeichel - 8

RDL - 6.5

Morgan - 7

Keane - 6.5

Konchesky - 6.5

Knockaert - 7

James - 9

King - 8

Dyer - 7.5

Wood - 8

Schlupp - 8

Kasper - 6 - Some good saves, but reluctant to come and catch/punch the ball at times.

RDL - 6 - Was strong for most of the game, but was dead on his feet near the end.

Morgan - 6 - Silly penalty to give away, wasn't his usual beastly self but still solid.

Keane - 5 - Completely dominated by N'Gog.

Konch - 6 - Standard.

Knocky - 5 - Did nothing of note other than go close with a shot 2nd half. Tried hard but not on form.

James - 8 - He is the key to our midfield. Dynamo.

King - 7 - Was neat and tidy and creative, but -1 for giving Bolton the 2nd goal.

Dyer - 8 - As usual, quick as fvck but more often than not a poor final ball. Broke out well though all game and what a finish!!

Wood - 7.5 - Best game in a while. Scored the penalty and set up Dyer well. Held the ball up and brought players into the game.

Schlupp - 7 - Stilll not sure. Quick and always a danger, good goal. But often poor touch or pass let him down.

Kasper 7 - Kept us in the game with some good saves.

RDL 6 - A pretty standard performance.

Konch 6 - Shocking in the first half. Got better as the game went on.

Morgan 6 - Put his body on the line, one of the hardest battles he'll have had all season.

Keane 6 - Another who was in a tough battle. Never shyed away even though he was given a hard time.

Knocky 6 - Held on to the ball a bit too much at times but he was a great outlet.

Dyer 8 - At his best. Utilised his pace, won a penalty and scored a belter. Even provides some comedy with that ripping shot that went miles wide.

James 9 - Phenomenal performance. He was just class apart.

King 7 - Another good game with some good surging runs. Covers well for others.

Schlupp 8 - Pace troubled them, absolute PING.

Wood 8 - Back to his best. A confidence boosting goal, a fantastic assist and some wonderful all round play.

Not for the first time, Bert pretty much nails it for me...

I'd maybe rate Knocky slightly higher. Not back to his best, but definite signs of improvement - and not the only one. Chris Wood's showing was very encouraging indeed, with a great battling striker's performance for the team....

As for Matty James...the bloke is suddenly running our team! A nervous team that has been through some hellish times recently, but he held the whole team together. Almost always in the right place and his pass completion rate must have been about 98%, for God's sake! Big, big performance for what could yet be a big result.

Delighted to see a big contribution from Lloyd, too - a player with his limitations, as we all know, but love his commitment to the team, passion even (unfashionable word "pashun", but I love to see it)

Kasper 8- great save over the bar in the 2nd half

De Laet 6- some shaky moments at the end but gave everything

Keane 7- I'm starting to like him as much as Wes. Tough game against a good striker but thought he coped well. Improving every game

Morgan 6. Solid. Silly pen to give away

Konchesky 6. Sloppy in possession at times but did ok

Knockaert 6. Was disappointed to see him start as I thought we'd lack defensive cover but he did ok.

James 9. Quick feet, defends, gets forward, just excellent

King 7. Faded last 20 but a good display

Dyer 9. Great finish, they were scared to death of him. Back to how he was playin earlier in the season

Wood 8. More aggressive, better in the air. Did brilliantly for dyer's goal

Schlupp 7.5. Thought he had a fairly quiet game until his goal which he took brilliantly.

Kasper: 7 - A couple of top saves but needs to be more constructive with his communication. Defence looks poor and he's a key part of its organisation.

RDL: 6 - Useful coming forward but not dazzling. Part of a poor back 4.

Wes: 5 - Slight dip of late, some good blocks today but overall we were shocking at the back. Always under threat.

Keane: 5 - As Wes, feels harsh to mark them down after such a strong season but today both looked at risk.

Konchesky: 4 - Pointless. Frequently defend him but today it was hard, gave the ball away and was never in position defensively.

Dyer: 7.5 - Took his goal magnificently and flopped like a salmon for the pen. Some very sloppy distribution otherwise and occasionally held on to the ball for too long. Could have played in Schlupp.

James: 8 - Imperious. Thought he was a bit anonymous against Brum but everywhere tonight.

King: 7 - Standard, did nothing wrong, moved the ball about well.

Knocky: 6.5 - Did nothing wrong but almost looks like he's either had his wings clipped or he's a little bereft of confidence. Some may like his more conservative approach but he's clearly at his best when at his most audacious.

Wood: 8 - Fantastic performance, really came alive after the penalty. Stunning work for Lloyd's goal.

Schlupp: 7 - Not convinced, really. Took his goal well but still don't think he's ready to lead the line at the level we want to be at.

This except a 5 for Knocky. Sometimes too reluctant to play the simple Pleased pass.

Genuinely surprised to see such high praise for Wes, almost feels like marking him up out of habit.

I'm not sure if we've made a shift to our marking or what but I thought we were dire tonight. Didn't look like the best defence in the league at all, always looked shakey.

The fact we felt the need to play five at the back for added time is embarrassing.

(Should clarify, I do otherwise think he's been our player of the season and I love him to bits. Just didn't feel any of the back four/five were at the races today in terms of shape.)

In the first half when I could get a good view of the defence what you say is spot on. Morgan look like he'd lost his nerve, panicky tackles and clearances, uncomfortable on the ball and could wait to get rid of it. Mind you compared to Konch who consistently gave the ball away he looked fine.

Archived