Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Watford At Home Pre Match Chat - Biggest Game In 3 Years

I see that you and everyone else refuses to answer whether your method of funding gives you an unfair advantage. And that is because - it does. Not all clubs have a massively rich owner.

It is also stupid to believe that it is morally more acceptable to move £100m of money about, from non football sources on the other side of the world to a football club in England , than it is for an owner to move his player assets about. It is no different to lending or giving money to Watford and them buying the players, which is what your owners have done. And of course, Leicester and every other Club can loan players from overseas, and many do, including Hull. So what we are doing is not unfair.

So get off your high horse LCFC fans, there are some other fans that can maybe take the moral high ground here, but it isn't you lot.

Right, first of all, I only skimmed through the forum so didn't notice you'd asked whether it gives us an unfair advantage. Clearly, I'm not stupid enough to believe we don't have an unfair advantage by having very wealthy owners willing to invest in the club. Also, at no point did I say it was morally more acceptable for us to do what we're doing. To be honest the loan situation can only benefit Watford in the short term. The issue I have is when you start being able to transfer quality players from a serie A side for little or no money into your Watford side.

Added to that, by doing what you are doing at no point could it have a negative impact on your club. Loaning players in, transferring players for small sums and the like all comes at very little cost. What we've done has come at a great cost and may come at an even greater cost, and I'm sure every Leicester fan has that niggling doubt at the back of their mind that it could all go tits up.

So, if you think you don't have an advantage then think again. You're able to get in just as good a quality of player without being overcharged, without having the risk of spending millions on a player who turns out to be absolute cack (Matt Mills), without being lumbered with players on thousands and thousands of wages per week who are also absolute cack (Beckford and Danns) and whom you can't get rid of easily. You shouldn't be able to loan as many players you have from the same club or from abroad, it's as simple as that. FFP is coming in as well, so we won't be able to spend like we have.

And yes, everyone can do what Watford have done. But, no one wants a team full of loanees and would rather own their own players. If I'm correct, you have Ekstrand, Battochio, Geijo, Casseti, Abdi, Vydra, and a lad called Neuton all on loan from Udinese. From Granada you have Anya and Pudil. You managed to get Forestieri from Udinese for next to nothing. That's 9 players on loan from the two Pozzo clubs, without even having included the other loan players. Now please tell me if I'm wrong, but having 7 players from the same team is just not right!

You make it seem as if we've done something terrible that can't come back to bite us. We've taken risks with our spending, yes, but you're able to get these players for next to nothing, when they're not even yours!!

Where's our spending got us? To being in a worse position in the league than we were three years ago. If you think we've had that much of an advantage, you are truly mistaken.

Well since it'll be the last game of the season at home, I would expect there to be a fair atmosphere. Not that I'll be the there to add to the atmosphere as I'm a foxile in Japan, Leicester havel and always will have teh fan base to prove a decent atmosphere. It all depends on how the players perform or how the fans can influence the players performance........

LCFC TILL I Die

As long as it's not We love you for 90 minutes! In moderation its good but we've been overdoing it recently.

Do you honestly care if it creates a good atmos?

Right, first of all, I only skimmed through the forum so didn't notice you'd asked whether it gives us an unfair advantage. Clearly, I'm not stupid enough to believe we don't have an unfair advantage by having very wealthy owners willing to invest in the club. Also, at no point did I say it was morally more acceptable for us to do what we're doing. To be honest the loan situation can only benefit Watford in the short term. The issue I have is when you start being able to transfer quality players from a serie A side for little or no money into your Watford side.

Added to that, by doing what you are doing at no point could it have a negative impact on your club. Loaning players in, transferring players for small sums and the like all comes at very little cost. What we've done has come at a great cost and may come at an even greater cost, and I'm sure every Leicester fan has that niggling doubt at the back of their mind that it could all go tits up.

So, if you think you don't have an advantage then think again. You're able to get in just as good a quality of player without being overcharged, without having the risk of spending millions on a player who turns out to be absolute cack (Matt Mills), without being lumbered with players on thousands and thousands of wages per week who are also absolute cack (Beckford and Danns) and whom you can't get rid of easily. You shouldn't be able to loan as many players you have from the same club or from abroad, it's as simple as that. FFP is coming in as well, so we won't be able to spend like we have.

And yes, everyone can do what Watford have done. But, no one wants a team full of loanees and would rather own their own players. If I'm correct, you have Ekstrand, Battochio, Geijo, Casseti, Abdi, Vydra, and a lad called Neuton all on loan from Udinese. From Granada you have Anya and Pudil. You managed to get Forestieri from Udinese for next to nothing. That's 9 players on loan from the two Pozzo clubs, without even having included the other loan players. Now please tell me if I'm wrong, but having 7 players from the same team is just not right!

You make it seem as if we've done something terrible that can't come back to bite us. We've taken risks with our spending, yes, but you're able to get these players for next to nothing, when they're not even yours!!

Where's our spending got us? To being in a worse position in the league than we were three years ago. If you think we've had that much of an advantage, you are truly mistaken.

You make some good points. But you talk about risk asif that makes Leicesters methods more morally correct - and I may add, many other Clubs that are existing on debt.

You are right, Watford are taking little risk, and that is why I think it is almost a cause for celebration and it shouldn't be used as an argument against our methods. FFP is being brought in to reduce the risk, so obviously reducing risk is thought to be a good thing.

But why shouldn't we loan many players from the same club? I dont quite understand the moral reasons for saying it isn't right. If they were in the same division or league, or cup competitions then I can understand the concern, but we are not. There is still only 11 players on the pitch. To me, it seems more immoral to loan a single player from another team in the same division due to the possibility of a conflict of interests. It sounds wrong to me that, for example, we lent a player to Cardiff in the hope that he knocks in the winner against Hull, and we go up, but there are no rules against that.

You say "And yes, everyone can do what Watford have done. But, no one wants a team full of loanees and would rather own their own players". Well it is the choice every team has. Watford fans had their concerns early on, but I can assure you those have long gone. We are seeing the best football at The Vic for years, we have almost the top scorers in the entire country and we have a chance for promotion - rather than the prospect of relegation and/or administration. We accept these players as our own, as much as the others. The Rules say that they are not loanees but are transfers and that is how we see them. These are not loanees that we see within England where they can last for a week or two, they were all season long, they may be extended, they may be sold on, or they may be "paid for", but if you think that we are bothered about it now, you'd be wrong.

Yes, we have an advantage, but it isn't "unfair".

You make some good points. But you talk about risk asif that makes Leicesters methods more morally correct - and I may add, many other Clubs that are existing on debt.

You are right, Watford are taking little risk, and that is why I think it is almost a cause for celebration and it shouldn't be used as an argument against our methods. FFP is being brought in to reduce the risk, so obviously reducing risk is thought to be a good thing.

But why shouldn't we loan many players from the same club? I dont quite understand the moral reasons for saying it isn't right. If they were in the same division or league, or cup competitions then I can understand the concern, but we are not. There is still only 11 players on the pitch. To me, it seems more immoral to loan a single player from another team in the same division due to the possibility of a conflict of interests. It sounds wrong to me that, for example, we lent a player to Cardiff in the hope that he knocks in the winner against Hull, and we go up, but there are no rules against that.

You say "And yes, everyone can do what Watford have done. But, no one wants a team full of loanees and would rather own their own players". Well it is the choice every team has. Watford fans had their concerns early on, but I can assure you those have long gone. We are seeing the best football at The Vic for years, we have almost the top scorers in the entire country and we have a chance for promotion - rather than the prospect of relegation and/or administration. We accept these players as our own, as much as the others. The Rules say that they are not loanees but are transfers and that is how we see them. These are not loanees that we see within England where they can last for a week or two, they were all season long, they may be extended, they may be sold on, or they may be "paid for", but if you think that we are bothered about it now, you'd be wrong.

Yes, we have an advantage, but it isn't "unfair".

To be honest, I don't have as much of an issue with the loans as I do with the possibility of Watford being able to get in quality players for nothing. That I consider morally wrong and giving you an unfair advantage because of the ownership situation.

Yeah I went a bit over the top with risk thing but you made it sound like we were so favoured by being able to spend such money. And obviously, less risk is a better thing and that's what is to be sought in any business. But, the unfair advantage comes from the Pozzo's multiple ownership. They are willing to give Watford 7 of their players on loan because of this. No club can loan 7 players from another club. Not only can any other club in their right mind not afford to loan out 7 of their players to one club, it's unlikely they'd want to even if they can afford to. That's risky in itself (unless you get an advantage by owning the club they are loaned to, and improving their position thus earning you more money etc...) as not all may be played and developed like you want them to be.

Also, you may see them as your own, as does any club with a loanee, but the matter of fact is that they are owned by Udinese or Granada, so you're being given players by other teams for nothing (who are owned by the same people - see where the unfair advantage is coming from).

So I see it as an unfair advantage in that way. As previously said, it's within the rules so well done, but I just don't like that model of football. I'd rather have the vast majority our own players under contract playing for our club.

To be honest, I don't have as much of an issue with the loans as I do with the possibility of Watford being able to get in quality players for nothing. That I consider morally wrong and giving you an unfair advantage because of the ownership situation.

Yeah I went a bit over the top with risk thing but you made it sound like we were so favoured by being able to spend such money. And obviously, less risk is a better thing and that's what is to be sought in any business. But, the unfair advantage comes from the Pozzo's multiple ownership. They are willing to give Watford 7 of their players on loan because of this. No club can loan 7 players from another club. Not only can any other club in their right mind not afford to loan out 7 of their players to one club, it's unlikely they'd want to even if they can afford to. That's risky in itself (unless you get an advantage by owning the club they are loaned to, and improving their position thus earning you more money etc...) as not all may be played and developed like you want them to be.

Also, you may see them as your own, as does any club with a loanee, but the matter of fact is that they are owned by Udinese or Granada, so you're being given players by other teams for nothing (who are owned by the same people - see where the unfair advantage is coming from).

So I see it as an unfair advantage in that way. As previously said, it's within the rules so well done, but I just don't like that model of football. I'd rather have the vast majority our own players under contract playing for our club.

Well, thanks for your time. We obviously wont be agreeing with each other.

I have to leave now to get up to your place!

Of course I want us to win tonight, but I really would prefer you lot to go up than the evil Scottish dwarf from up the M1. Could we lend you Vydra for the last game of the season, I wonder?

Of course I want us to win tonight, but I really would prefer you lot to go up than the evil Scottish dwarf from up the M1. Could we lend you Vydra for the last game of the season, I wonder?

Agree to disagree and all that lol

Anyway, enjoy the game. And if the Vydra offer is a genuine one then, yeah of course it is legitimate... :whistle:

As good a player as Vydra is, we have good enough strikers, probably the most in-depth in the league.

We sometimes struggle to create chances, especially when our atmosphere is poor, but tonight it will be bouncing, so hopefully we pull it out the bag.

As good a player as Vydra is, we have good enough strikers, probably the most in-depth in the league.

We sometimes struggle to create chances, especially when our atmosphere is poor, but tonight it will be bouncing, so hopefully we pull it out the bag.

I think we create enough chances we just struggle to put them away.

Spot on

Lets be honest - clubs will do anything to try and compete/win off the pitch and I don't blame you for spending money because in reality all fans what their club to show ambition.

it just hasn't quite worked out although I'd still fancy you for the play-offs ahead of a Palace or Forest if that happens (clearly not at our expense though!)

Would some of our fans be complaining if another team had so many loan players - probably yes but I think from a footballing point of view its been a very enjoyable season in the main - much like with the Cardiff situation in that there concerns but the on field success has somewhat papered over those worries for now.

Its true there were some doubts about quite how all the players would fit in but the likes of Deeney/Doyley and Hogg plus Yeates/Hall/Nosworthy (when fit) have played a key part too so we've not quite relied totally on the loan players (despite what Mr Holloway said most aren't "world class"

Anyway lets hope for a good fair game between 2 sides who can pass and attack well on their day - hopefully we turn up this time!

Archived