Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Watford At Home Pre Match Chat - Biggest Game In 3 Years

The day has come. Have been looking forward to this all week but dreading it at the same time. If Bolton was nervy this is going to be something else. Lets all get right behind the lads, even more so than Bolton and by tomorrow 5 o clock we could be in pole position for the play offs going into the decider! Come on Leicester !!!

Why do our fans get upset when we get given a load of stick? We're the pits of a club in most eyes because let's be honest we under achieve year after year. I hate the arrogance of our fans, we should be embarrassed as to how crap we've been over the last ten years. Mocking Watford who are a lot smaller than us but have had more success in that period and not spunked nigh on £50 million on a shower of shit is a bit cringeworthy if you ask me.

Until we flex our financial muscle in the right manner and prove that we're a big club at this level then we're banged to rights.

Watford may have bought 135 players in on loan from Italy and Spain but look at the wedge we rinsed on the likes of Curtis Davies, Vitor, Michael Lamey, Ricardo, Naughton, Van Aanholt, Bruma, Diomansy Kamara, Yakubu, Vassell, Bednar, Yuki Abe, Waghorn and then on Michael Johnson, Matt Mills, Beckford, John Pantsil, Konchesky, Michael Ball, Peltier, Neil Danns. All those supposed high profile players and yet didn't even make the play-off's either season? Embarrassing and if I supported another club then i'd find it piss funny.

Take the abuse, have a bit of banter and a laugh but don't get all upset and irate because most of it's true!!!

Having said that, Watford are a dog muck club that i've never particularly liked and we'll win tonight. Game on, can't wait for it. I hope to be celebrating as much as I did when Izzet nailed in that header in 1996.

Watford :D

Big game tonight, looking forward to watching a quality match with huge ramifacations for all the teams there or there abouts.

Super Horn, do you post on Holmesdale Online? If so, hello mate, hope you're well? MOG, you seem like a bit of a clown, don't understand why you hate Palace so much when to us you're nothing but another local away day.

Before reading this thread I was hoping for a Watford win but reading this thread, you know what, I hope Leicester smash them!

Good luck Leicester, you'll undoubtedly need it.

Hope the happy clappers can spur you on to victory against the scumbag Udinese B Reserves Granada C.

Hope your meathead manager can apply a bit of thought for once and make it an entertaining game - probably not though, take the suicidal approach.

I can understand some frustration at the Watford loan system.

Watching another club find a way of challenging for promotion, without going into debt, must be annoying for you.

I’d be interested to know how you feel about the morals of being around £100m in debt and making a loss each year of £15m to £20m each year. Essentially paying far higher wage than you can afford, for far better players than you can afford - in a ground you can't afford.

Do you think that gives your club an unfair advantage?

Just asking!

Watching another club find a way of challenging for promotion, without going into debt, must be annoying for you.

I’d be interested to know how you feel about the morals of being around £100m in debt and making a loss each year of £15m to £20m each year. Essentially paying far higher wage than you can afford, for far better players than you can afford - in a ground you can't afford.

Just asking!

Lets hope you go up then, cos if you don't you're f**ked.

Just asking!

Nope i'm happy with the way the club are heading tbh. Owners are supportive and I don't think they will cut their losses if we don't go up this season.

Must be rubbish watching your team but it not really being your team though? Sure the 'club' is doing well, but can you really say it's Watford, the team, that are there in 3rd? No. Just a bunch of Italians being shipped around Europe for a season.

Why is that?

First all, it isn't certain that the rules will change.

Secondly, if they do, our owners will just give us some money to buy players at low cost from themselves!

Who said anything about rule changes etc. You seem to be defending something that i haven't mentioned. Oh dear, you're not worried are you.

Nope i'm happy with the way the club are heading tbh. Owners are supportive and I don't think they will cut their losses if we don't go up this season.

Must be rubbish watching your team but it not really being your team though? Sure the 'club' is doing well, but can you really say it's Watford, the team, that are there in 3rd? No. Just a bunch of Italians being shipped around Europe for a season.

I think you ought to check your facts first before making such comments. But you avoided my question. Do you think living on debt and WAAAAAAAY beyond your means gives you an unfair advantage over those Clubs that are trying to spend wisely?

Who said anything about rule changes etc. You seem to be defending something that i haven't mentioned. Oh dear, you're not worried are you.

We aren't worried in the slightest, and I have explained why.

How about answering the question.

...Essentially paying far higher wage than you can afford, for far better players than you can afford - in a ground you can't afford.

If not, then why not?

I think you ought to check your facts first before making such comments. But you avoided my question. Do you think living on debt and WAAAAAAAY beyond your means gives you an unfair advantage over those Clubs that are trying to spend wisely?

There's not a cap on how much you can spend, if clubs around us are spending more or less it doesn't matter. If the owners want to buy a club and spend money as investment for their business, why shouldn't they? I don't see why you'd be so bothered about another team on how much they spend and how they go about trying to get out of the division?

...Essentially paying far higher wage than you can afford, for far better players than you can afford - in a ground you can't afford.

If not, then why not?

Who says we can't afford it? We must have some money cos were getting free clappers tonight.

If not, then why not?

Who decides we can't afford them? You?Our owners are spending their money.Ok I'm not comfortable with the level of debt they have placed on the club, but we at least own our ground now. So 20 million of that debt will be at some point turned into an asset on the books.And at least this time if we **** up the owners lose out not the local business like last time.

You know you are being pedantic here. What I mean is that your Club's income is x and your expenditure is x + £15m. So the club is living beyond it's means.

But essentially, you are comfortable living off a Far Eastern multi-millionaire because he is entitled to spend his money where he wants! Will this be in keeping with the new FFP rules, or within the spirit of those rules?

So I repeat, as not every club has a rich multi millionaire to fall back on, does this give you an unfair advantage, or not?

We lead 2-1 going into the last minute, thanks to a double from Wood.

Last minute they get a corner, only to be headed out by Big Wes, but it only goes as far as Lloyd Doyley who is 40 yards from goal, he takes a touch, flicks it up and unleashes a pile driver into the top corner for 2-2.

That was my unfortunate dream last night.

The whole point is our owners clearly can afford it, otherwise said spending would not have occurred. Personally, I feel the owners are here to try and do something in the long term. The typical outsider's view of our club is that we've just wasted money on players which hasn't worked and we've got into a lot of debt for it. To an extent, that's correct. We've paid over the odds for average players (well most of them anyway) and have had no success from it. However, our owners have also invested in our facilities, bought the stadium and things like that.

What's not to like with the whole Watford situation in a footballing sense is there's something that doesn't seem right about it. First of all, you shouldn't be allowed to have a team made up of loanees in the majority. Why the cap on the number of loanees doesn't apply to foreign loanees is beyond me. Also, when things like the transfer of Forestieri occur for a measly sum (or even for free? do feel free to correct me) that also worries me. At the end of the season, if you're promoted, what's going to happen? Are these players simply going to be transferred from Udinese or Granada for a small sum, or even for free, regardless of how much contract they have left?

Obviously, at the moment everything Watford have done is, unbelievably, within the rules. So, it's fair enough. But, surely you realise the uproar around this means that something can't be fair in the way it's been done?

Archived