Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Harry - LCFC

Watford 'Surprise'

surprised they improved the atmosphere so much, why do people need bits of cardboard instead of their own hands time get involved?!

It's a strange one that. They seem to like the novelty of it cos the majority certainly don't get involved week in week out. I'd like to think that they recognised how much better the atmos was when they got involved making noise and just do it without the clappers in future but that might be wishful thinking.

Got to say I thought the family stand looked really good from the kop!

The clappers certainly helped create a better atmosphere whether you liked them or not and I'll admit I was sceptical at the start...anyway it's no more embarrassing than needing a fat bloke with a drum to start the songs really is it

Got to say I thought the family stand looked really good from the kop!

The clappers certainly helped create a better atmosphere whether you liked them or not and I'll admit I was sceptical at the start...anyway it's no more embarrassing than needing a fat bloke with a drum to start the songs really is it

Both are equally as ****ing embarrassing as each other.

The obligatory Sky footage of loads of ****** fighting back tears whilst meekly waving a LCFC 'clapper' was about as pathetic a sight as I've seen all season.

Let's face it if it was another team we'd be ripping them to shreds.

Both are equally as ****ing embarrassing as each other.

The obligatory Sky footage of loads of ****** fighting back tears whilst meekly waving a LCFC 'clapper' was about as pathetic a sight as I've seen all season.

Let's face it if it was another team we'd be ripping them to shreds.

For what it's worth I actually agree, and I said I was sceptical about them but as a one off they did help create a better atmosphere , ,..I've no idea what it looked like on the tv as I can't be arsed to watch it back when we lose

It's about making people realise once again that it can be quite fun to not sit in silence for 90 minutes. Most are so used to sitting quietly, anything else is just alien. The last three games have been great to go to atmosphere wise I thought. If it encourages people to join in for future games then I don't care how embarrassed some people are.

If you looked on twitter there were a few fans (mainly forest fans who don't care about us) laughing about them. But for what seems like the first time in a decade there were lots of people complimenting the atmosphere. In fact more people said it sounded like a European atmosphere and they wanted our fans in the premier league, than they did joke about them.

Exactly. If people are embarrassed by something like that they need to get a grip. There's no 'right' way to be a football supporter and no 'right' way to create an atmosphere. The people moaning about our fans needing help creating an atmosphere are the same people who wank themselves silly over German fans who get the same help with flags or flares.

You can't moan about the shit atmosphere and then whinge when it's good because it wasn't the right kind of good. Well, you can, but it makes you a cretin. Friday night was fun. That's what football is meant to be. It's a game lads, stop taking it/yourselves so seriously. If you think you're too cool or hardcore to enjoy it when it's fun because you're offended by a bit of cardboard then perhaps a new hobby is in order.

it was a fantastic atmosphere. The clever thing is they allow people who are usually too self conscious to make a noise to contribute passively, thus increasing the overall effect. I may not be overly proud of the team at the moment, but as supporters I feel we should stop criticising each other and in fact congratulate ourselves for our loyal, passionate and committed support. Eventually we'll get the team we need too

It's about making people realise once again that it can be quite fun to not sit in silence for 90 minutes. Most are so used to sitting quietly, anything else is just alien. The last three games have been great to go to atmosphere wise I thought. If it encourages people to join in for future games then I don't care how embarrassed some people are.

If you looked on twitter there were a few fans (mainly forest fans who don't care about us) laughing about them. But for what seems like the first time in a decade there were lots of people complimenting the atmosphere. In fact more people said it sounded like a European atmosphere and they wanted our fans in the premier league, than they did joke about them.

I'm all for a better atmosphere however we create it

Exactly. If people are embarrassed by something like that they need to get a grip. There's no 'right' way to be a football supporter and no 'right' way to create an atmosphere. The people moaning about our fans needing help creating an atmosphere are the same people who wank themselves silly over German fans who get the same help with flags or flares.

You can't moan about the shit atmosphere and then whinge when it's good because it wasn't the right kind of good. Well, you can, but it makes you a cretin. Friday night was fun. That's what football is meant to be. It's a game lads, stop taking it/yourselves so seriously. If you think you're too cool or hardcore to enjoy it when it's fun because you're offended by a bit of cardboard then perhaps a new hobby is in order.

This..apart from the new hobby part.

Ideas are open to support and ridicule,whether the idea is good or bad depends on the individual.

With a crowd of 20000+ you'll never please everyone.

Personally..I say they worked,the majority of the crowd in all stands,got involved in making some noise and adding to

the atmosphere.

It showed that a lot of our supporters do want to get involved,but don't chant/sing for whatever reason.

The noise as the crowd "clapped" in time to the prematch music in unison was pretty damn good,if only we could collectively make

an atmosphere like that through chanting/singing would make it a better day.

Who knows..maybe it will liberate some from the shackles of shyness/embarrassment or whatever it is that stops them from making the same amount of noise with their voices or hands.

Some will think it was tacky,it's possible that these people also do the slow clap for free kicks.

On a side note..I laugh to myself when I hear the "2-3-4" during "Hey Jude".

Personally I'd like another drum in the Kop. Keep the clappers, they get the minority heard imo. Next season we need to carry on with where we left the Watford atmosphere. Lets make that place a fvcking fortress.

Complete embarrassment which will have left supporters of any teams with a decent rep cringe to bits.

It may have made the ground sound louder but it just made the speed & rhythm of songs dreadful. We sing the majority of our songs too quick, but these clappers took it to a new level where it just sounded like dishevelled noise.

who is stumping up the money for these though?

Are the owners digging deep themselves or are they putting the invoice on the clubs debts? ;)

I walked in when 'stayin alive' was playing, Birch had just about finished his walk and everyone near me was whacking the things.

Yes the family stand did look good but it should, being a kiddy area with parents who want to join in.

They were better than those blow up tubes they had that you see at 20-20 games.

Extremely mixed feelings.

Thought the atmosphere in fairness was loud, pretty much the whole ground got involved for a lot of it but it's a sad, sad revelation really - we have hit a new low, clappers, what an embarrassment, absolutely worse than even goal music and a poor drum.

If the atmosphere does improve a bit from now, then fair play, but I doubt it. Very much a one-off and I don't want them near the ground again.

What's more embarrassing, being out sung by away fans who take the piss out of our library? Or everyone making a noise and drowning the away fans out for 90 minutes so you can't hear them take the piss out of the clappers... I'll go for A.

What's more embarrassing, being out sung by away fans who take the piss out of our library? Or everyone making a noise and drowning the away fans out for 90 minutes so you can't hear them take the piss out of the clappers... I'll go for A.

Wait for it ......

You're not going to like this .......

I agree!!!!!!

Times have changed ..... it's just a sign of those times.

Embrace change or become old and bitter trying to keep it like it was in the old days!!!

Archived