Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Harry - LCFC

Watford 'Surprise'

@OfficialFOXES Help needed for a special surprise at the Watford match! Visit http://www.lcfc.com if you fancy volunteering on Friday. #bluearmy

OS: "The volunteers will play an important role in the surprise and help support the team in an exciting, one-off way for what is now a crucial fixture in promotion run-in.

Volunteers should be available on Friday from 1pm until approximately 4pm/5pm – some light physical work and lifting will be involved.

If this is something that you can help the Club with, please register you interest by emailing your full contact details to: [email protected]"

http://www.lcfc.com/...ui75MTdKRiy9.99

Any ideas what this could be? I hope it isn't too tacky - the club need to realise that this isn't the time for joking around. Massive game where the only thing that matters is the result.

As long as it's geared towards the game and getting supporters up for it I've got no problem with it.

Any ideas what this could be? I hope it isn't too tacky - the club need to realise that this isn't the time for joking around. Massive game where the only thing that matters is the result.

As long as it's geared towards the game and getting supporters up for it I've got no problem with it.

It will be.

I wonder how many other businesses, with a turnover of nearly £20m, would get away with asking for volunteers to seemingly erect or put something together, rather than employing/contracting people to do it.

They will probably get a free ticket if they haven't already got one, can't see the harm in that although nothing has been mentioned.

I wonder how many other businesses, with a turnover of nearly £20m, would get away with asking for volunteers to seemingly erect or put something together, rather than employing/contracting people to do it.

The volunteers will probably receive a free ticket to the match on Friday in order to help filling up all the remaining empty seats.

EDIT: Argh, whoareyaaa beat me to it.

I think its nice to involve the fans.

If its for nibbles then you've just recieved something similar to the Saurez bite. FFP? Needles spending... As others have said the fans who help out will get a free ticket.

If its for nibbles then you've just recieved something similar to the Saurez bite. FFP? Needles spending... As others have said the fans who help out will get a free ticket.

And if so then that's fair enough recompense for four hours work, a ticket worth £26. But where in that article does it state that a ticket will be given to the volunteers? I'm sure something will be given as a thank you but as it stands people are to assume this is just for the club.

I am being a massive Scrooge about this though.

And if so then that's fair enough recompense for four hours work, a ticket worth £26. But where in that article does it state that a ticket will be given to the volunteers? I'm sure something will be given as a thank you but as it stands people are to assume this is just for the club.

I am being a massive Scrooge about this though.

I think the the answer you're looking for is in the word Volunteer. No one's forcing anyone to go and I'm sure those that do will derive great pleasure, pride at contributing to their club and bragging rights knowing what the 'surprise' is.

Probably shaking a bucket for Birchs run. SURPRISEEEE!

oddly enough they usually ask for volunteers to go around with a bucket collecting, it would be a bit naughty to get you doing this after what the OP has posted.

I can't see anything like holding up a piece of paper before kick off as we have too many empty seats in all stands and that thing the family stand tried to attempt the other week with those blow up sticks was embarrassing.

Archived