Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jace

Leicester Vs Watford pre match thread

A red card is a red card. The rules are there for a reason.

We've had 2 reds this season, one was at your place, for a cynical foul for which a second yellow was given and the second was a "last man" situation.

You'd struggle to find many teams who get the majority of their red cards for violent conduct or serious foul play.

Well, we did just play Leeds....

Seriously though,  you are right. Sometimes we do get caught out. We've given away too many penalties too. 

Our defence has been plagued by injuries. Nosworthy, Fitz Hall, Hoban and Neuton, These were effectively 4 of our back 5 start of the season. It's a good thing we've been able to manage by playing Doyley at CB, having Anya (originally an RW/LW) at RWB and loaning in Briggs.

We are not a dirty team though. We do not go out to rough teams up, even when we've played the more direct, hoofball-ish football over the years Watford has never been that kind of club.

We are just annoyed at how Bond got injured, and hope that if Bond plays you don't try and take advantage of that with anything untoward.

http://www.wfcforums.com/showthread.php?46875-Weird-Feeling!

I love some of the comments on that forum!! They're all so deflated in comparison to us. Hopefully that negative energy will transfer to their players.

After the high hopes of last Saturday, I can understand some people not being as pumped for today as they would be in your situation. 

I think most are up for it though. I'm still positive about our chances and will be there to cheer us on. No doubt those of us who are at the KP will do our best to rally the men. I don't think the argument of our players being unable to shift last week's disappointment has much standing. Zola is our manager, if anyone can put a smile on player's faces, it's him.

We have not managed to sell out though, it seems... which is quite disappointing.

We are just annoyed at how Bond got injured, and hope that if Bond plays you don't try and take advantage of that with anything untoward.

What would you class as untoward? If I was Nigel Pearson, I'd be telling my players to absolutely pepper your goal with shots, it's a definite weak spot for you, and we do make a lot of chances during our games (most shots & shots on target in the division I believe). Also, I'd be telling my big men to make sure they challenge the keeper on set pieces and corners and close him down as much as possible.

Is he a good keeper when fully fit? Really haven't heard anything about him to be honest.

i'm refusing to get excited or nervous until the start of the game. Otherwise i would spend all day with this E cigarette in my mouth.........ok the nerves got to me a bit.

my friend says 4-1, i say 4-0. my daughter says 2-0...........any of them i'll take. 

any ideas what they are for.

Thai owners have the elephant down as an animal of good luck. What bullshit.

I'm told they were outside the stadium on Saturday so they clearly work.  ;)

Apparently they also drafted in some priest to bless the goals at the KP.  lol

What would you class as untoward? If I was Nigel Pearson, I'd be telling my players to absolutely pepper your goal with shots, it's a definite weak spot for you, and we do make a lot of chances during our games (most shots & shots on target in the division I believe). Also, I'd be telling my big men to make sure they challenge the keeper on set pieces and corners and close him down as much as possible.

Is he a good keeper when fully fit? Really haven't heard anything about him to be honest.

Well, all this aside Almunia might just play.

Taking shots is fine. I don't see how anyone could argue against that lol. But would rather not see people getting cheeky shoulders into his face at set pieces.

I have confidence in both of them. Bond has filled in for Almunia for a handful of games this season, and has some experience from last season too.  Almunia is the better and more reliable keeper, but both are good shot stoppers. Bond has a great future..... not so sure about Bonham though. Did not have a great debut.

Wow that is proper doom and gloom!

As you say I hope it transfers onto their players!

Funny what a bad result does...

Only last week you guys were complaining some of our fans appeared to be over confident.

Anyway I think it will be a draw...and with our home form being patchy that might suit you more.

Funny what a bad result does...

Only last week you guys were complaining some of our fans appeared to be over confident.

Anyway I think it will be a draw...and with our home form being patchy that might suit you more.

Absolutely

Clutching at straws really hoping this will affect your players lol

Thai owners have the elephant down as an animal of good luck. What bullshit.

I'm told they were outside the stadium on Saturday so they clearly work. ;)

Apparently they also drafted in some priest to bless the goals at the KP. lol

They haven't do much for Cov, have they?

Elephants my arse!

Tbh would far rather face Almunia with a dodgy hamstring. He's prone to errors anyway.

Can just see this bloke with the gimp mask will be fired up and the ref will award a free kick everytime we get a corner.

What the **** is wrong with the watford fans? They've been a nothing club for years, have 1 good season and all of a sudden they're acting like ****ing giants of the game. Still the difficult decision of whether to go down to the SU to watch this given there's no good beer on, or risk missing part of the game looking for a proper pub putting it on.

Some idiot on their forum ACTUALLY just came out with the "its like their cup final" line adding "bless them"!!??

Is he high? It's everyone's "cup final" it's the ****ing play offs. Lose and nothing, win and £120 million and top flight football.

Some idiot on their forum ACTUALLY just came out with the "its like their cup final" line adding "bless them"!!??

Is he high? It's everyone's "cup final" it's the ****ing play offs. Lose and nothing, win and £120 million and top flight football.

If your on WFC forum then don't be surprised as its is mostly full of school kids/students so don't worry - its their way of winding you up I suspect.

Archived