Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WhatsHisName

Wasn't our last goal against Forest brilliant ?

Can't believe anyone can knock Wood, if Knocky had missed you could have questioned his decision but we scored so it was absolutely the right thing to do, end of.

We were 4 on 1. If you don't score in that situation then you've made a big fvck up. On another day with less riding on it I think we would have seen knocky feed in Wood and Wood simply tuck it away. For Wood to have to pass it back to knocky was an indication that it didn't go as well as it could have. Knocky's finish was also very close to being blocked.

Obviously that's all fine in such a high pressure situation, but to call it "brilliant" is wrong imho

We were 4 on 1. If you don't score in that situation then you've made a big fvck up. On another day with less riding on it I think we would have seen knocky feed in Wood and Wood simply tuck it away. For Wood to have to pass it back to knocky was an indication that it didn't go as well as it could have. Knocky's finish was also very close to being blocked.

Obviously that's all fine in such a high pressure situation, but to call it "brilliant" is wrong imho

I'm pretty sure it did. :scarf:

Something I had not noticed is how involved Knockaert was throughout the match. Not just his goal and his fantastic cross for King's header, but also the way he was nutmegged in the build-up to Florist's first goal. He probably played out of his skin because he was so pissed off about that! 

All I keep thinking is what if the player on the line had diverted it!

Don't. It went in!

I don't blame wood for pAssing his first touch wasnt great and the keeper was fairly close to a few more split seconds hes on top of that ball and has it smothered. Passing was the right thing and yes Knockaert could have perhaps had it saved on the line by the defender BUT HE DIDNT IT WENT IN AAAAAAHHHHH

Exactly! Wouldn't have had a chance if Wood slotted it home.

Of course, all went well in the end, but it was miles away from being "genius"!

Was unselfish and the smarter option to pass, certainly made it easier to score, but do feel Wood's touch of a rapist nearly gave it away, taking it close to the keeper. Clumsy first touch.

Was unselfish and the smarter option to pass, certainly made it easier to score, but do feel Wood's touch of a rapist nearly gave it away, taking it close to the keeper. Clumsy first touch.

Agree it wasn't a great touch but on the other hand that committed the keeper to come off his line thus making it an easier chance for Knocky. People really do like to concentrate on the negatives all the time on here. Not aimed at you

Agree it wasn't a great touch but on the other hand that committed the keeper to come off his line thus making it an easier chance for Knocky. People really do like to concentrate on the negatives all the time on here. Not aimed at you

Fair enough but it would be difficult to argue Wood took a bad first touch with that in mind. Still great awareness and unselfishness, do hope it wasn't through lack of confidence that he didn't hit it first time, but as has been said he's an unselfish player. Must be a fair few assists he's racked up by now?

Fair enough but it would be difficult to argue Wood took a bad first touch with that in mind. Still great awareness and unselfishness, do hope it wasn't through lack of confidence that he didn't hit it first time, but as has been said he's an unselfish player. Must be a fair few assists he's racked up by now?

I actually think it would've shown more a lack of confidence if after his poor first touch he just took a shot and the keeper smothered it, which I think would've been the result. To have taken that poor touch but regain your composure to find Knocky was top play imo.

Yeah think you are right about the assists. The one for waggy earlier in the year was great

I actually think it would've shown more a lack of confidence if after his poor first touch he just took a shot

That is so true. Many would have taken a shot as soon as they got the ball, but it took courage and confidence to do what Wood did

Turn off AdBlock if you have it on, it's what stopped mine from working

I don't have AdBlock. As I say, I am not in the UK - I live in southern France - so it may be blocking me for licensing reasons. Bastards!

I don't have AdBlock. As I say, I am not in the UK - I live in southern France - so it may be blocking me for licensing reasons. Bastards!

Yes because you're not in the UK you will not be allowed to see it.

But don't worry about that as you can't really see much more than you would be able to see on the youtube link that was given on here, so you're not missing much

4 assists

Our top assister is Dyer with 10, Marshall with 8

lol  So do I! Don'y enjoy watching that last goal as Knocky, first time on his right foot; he almost missed  :sweating:

Dyer's won penalties against Ipswich and Bolton, and Forest's own goal in the home game was his cross/shot. Some stats count them as assists too, but I don't think the FL does.

Archived