Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iamafox

Watford gameplan

Agree with all of the above, we need to go for it. Pearson will surely be only too aware of this having seen his timid set-ups outclassed by Watford twice this season and also after the Cardiff first leg in 2010.

The pessimist in me is just hoping that at worst the game is in the balance for the second leg. Last season Cardiff got battered in the first leg and it makes the second leg of what should be a really exciting tie redundant. In fact the last time Watford were in the play-offs they won their away leg 3-0 at Palace.

Anyway, quietly confident that with the issues they've got we can sneak a 2-1 win tomorrow.

I wouldn't count on that.

just one more goal even if its off morgans ass in the 9th minute of extra time at watford dont care how it goes in

Is Big Wes going to ride out onto the pitch on a donkey and tether it to the goalpost, cowboy-style? I like his style...

Wouldn't mind it going in off his arse, either. In fact, I wouldn't  mind it going in off the ass's arse.

Do I not watch enough American films or are we now the 51st state of the USA? I know, I'm an outdated old man...

Ass? Arse? Ass's arse? I don't mind if it goes in off Richie De Laet's foreskin....so, sentiment saluted!  :clap:

Is Big Wes going to ride out onto the pitch on a donkey and tether it to the goalpost, cowboy-style? I like his style...

Wouldn't mind it going in off his arse, either. In fact, I wouldn't  mind it going in off the ass's arse.

Do I not watch enough American films or are we now the 51st state of the USA? I know, I'm an outdated old man...

Ass? Arse? Ass's arse? I don't mind if it goes in off Richie De Laet's foreskin....so, sentiment saluted!  :clap:

BigJohnSteader, think you logged into the wrong account mate

Watford are dangerous on the counter, we need to press them all game if possible.

We also need to pass the ball around as that's when we are most dangerous instead of Morgan lumping it forward to no one.

time for bed big day tomorrow!

BigJohnSteader, think you logged into the wrong account mate

Has BJS been on lately.

He got banned with me, over comments of the girl modelling the free t-shirts we got on Saturday. 

Let's hope Watford have the same complacency we had with Huddersfield after hammering them home and away and then getting them in the cup and thinking we could just turn up and beat them. They are a good team who can hurt weaker teams but if we play to the best of our ability then we're just as threatening. We need big game players, Andy King is a big game player. He is coming in to form just at the right time, Morgan needs to be colossal and David Nugent needs to hit his scoring streak again. He's due some goals and by all accounts he's been a menace to Watford in the past, he'll be bang up for this.

Watford's plan, I guess, will be to contain Leicester City and get a draw or a sneaky goal to take back to their place.

What we need to do is remember we're the home side, go after them from the off, unsettle them and get an early goal or two.

Watford's plan, I guess, will be to contain Leicester City and get a draw or a sneaky goal to take back to their place.

What we need to do is remember we're the home side, go after them from the off, unsettle them and get an early goal or two.

Exactly, do a Bayern or Dortmund and leave their heads spinning!

Clean-sheet is all important for me. Anything else is a bonus. We can get a result at their place. This is a 2-leg tie - let's not blow it chasing a 'win-at-all-costs' in the first leg. Let's make sure they are under pressure for the return - we saw how well they handled that against Leeds !

It's not 'win at all costs', but equally if we sit back too much they will be happy to come at us and will probably win.  After what happened in the first leg against Cardiff, it would be a shame if we hadn't learned the lessons of history.

Let's hope Watford have the same complacency we had with Huddersfield after hammering them home and away and then getting them in the cup and thinking we could just turn up and beat them. They are a good team who can hurt weaker teams but if we play to the best of our ability then we're just as threatening. We need big game players, Andy King is a big game player. He is coming in to form just at the right time, Morgan needs to be colossal and David Nugent needs to hit his scoring streak again. He's due some goals and by all accounts he's been a menace to Watford in the past, he'll be bang up for this.

Aye, we need our big players to play well.

I'd add Knocky to that list, what a difference he can make at his best, we saw it at Forest for the first time in a long time.

I'd add Knocky to that list, what a difference he can make at his best, we saw it at Forest for the first time in a long time.

For me we need at least 3 out of 4 of the midfield to turn up.  They did at Forest and we won.  If all 4 of Knocky, King, James, and Dyer show up, they won't know what hit them!

In my opinion if Knockaert plays well we are unstoppable almost, it's imperitive the little scrote has one of his blinders. He's due a ridiculous goal in front of the cameras, it's what he lives for.

Archived