Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iamafox

Watford gameplan

Think everybody agrees that in this case the best form of defence is attack.

The suspension of Deeney is a bonus!

Also need to make sure we don't get overrun in the centre of midfield again. Another problem for us is that Dyer's pace isn't going to be much use to us against their right back Anya, he's a quick defender and Lloyd struggled against him the other week

Attack attack attack,

Get into em!

Pressure, pace, tough challenges, give them no time on the ball, in front of a very big and noisy partisan crowd.

That's the way we'll beat them IMO and I hope Pearson drums this into the players.

We need to get a decent lead because I think they will do exactly the same thing to us at Vicarage Road.

This IS NOT the game to worrying about the opposition. Lets play our own game and just give them nothing.

Have you been watching 300? lol

Give them nothing, but take from them EVERYTHING!! lol

I thought we went at them last time, not very successfully, but there was always an urgency and desire for us to get the ball forward quickly and attack. Problem was that we didn't attack with any intelligence often resulting in panicking and losing the ball.

If we play 2 in the middle they will be dangerous, especially from counter attacks. It didn't work last time and it won't work this time. The issues are that who do you add to the midfield? Drinkwater, who's been poor for months? and who do you play as the lone striker? Schlupp performed best in that role, but can you really see NP dropping Wood and Nuigent for this game?

I thought we went at them last time, not very successfully, but there was always an urgency and desire for us to get the ball forward quickly and attack. Problem was that we didn't attack with any intelligence often resulting in panicking and losing the ball.

If we play 2 in the middle they will be dangerous, especially from counter attacks. It didn't work last time and it won't work this time. The issues are that who do you add to the midfield? Drinkwater, who's been poor for months? and who do you play as the lone striker? Schlupp performed best in that role, but can you really see NP dropping Wood and Nuigent for this game?

I just feel we've got here when it looked really really unlikely so we should give it a go. I don't think playing 1 up top at home is the way we should go pereonally. Maybe at there place?

As you say we haven't really got anybody decent (in form) to add to the midfield so not sure it would benefit us.

Totally agree that we need to smarter with our attacks because they have got pace to burn on the counter attack

Absolutely. Trying to defend against teams that are very good at attacking is suicide. Often said teams aren't so great when the ball's in their half; often they don't need to be since the best defence is a good offence. What you need to do then is press them and push them back by attacking.

They don't like it up 'em!

Apart from if you're Chelsea playing Barcelona in the champions league semi-final. Concentration is going to be the key.

Apart from if you're Chelsea playing Barcelona in the champions league semi-final. Concentration is going to be the key. and not getting drawn into their players because that allows them to pass it round us.

I think this is going to come down to who wants it more in the end. Both sides have ability and it could go either way over 10 games.

The key is concentration, playing smart and being hungry. Whoever gets the right balance will come out on top.

I think you should definitely play 4-4-2 in this one.

Watford play 3-5-2, which has its pros and cons.. They score a lot of goals but they can also concede quite a few.

IMO they're weakest defensively on the right hand side with Doyley as CB and Ikechi Anya as a winger/wingback. You should try to penetrate that side with either raw power (Nugent/Kane/Schlupp) or speed (Dyer), but the latter hasn't worked out that well in the last game...

Must play with intensity, we're not the sort of team who can leisurely play the ball about in the middle of the park for 5 minutes and create a beautifully crafted goal at the end of it. Full backs need to be supportive (not necessarily gung-ho) going forwards, so we can attack with high pressure and urgency. Also important for keeping our defensive shape when Watford counter, they look really dangerous when a defense is all over the place, important we keep some shape and force them to break us down. The worst thing we can do defensively is allow them to stretch us at the back given how vulnerable we've looked recently.

**** going 4-4-2 against them we tried that last time and they beat us. It was only when Pearson changed the formation to a 4-2-3-1 with Kane playing just behind Wood, Knockaert and Nugent wide with King and James in the middle that we looked anything like scoring. That's when Kane got us our goal. If we go out and out attack on them like last time they will hit us on the counter attack and score. I expect Pearson realised this and will change it around. 

Any one else think Marshall instead of dyer because whichever keeper plays wil either be not 100% or that young guy so surely loads of crosses and long range shots early on could be useful

Nope. Can see where you're coming from but BM has been hopeless recently and Lloyd has been doing well. I don't see why Lloyd should lose his place especially to a player in poor form.

Any one else think Marshall instead of dyer because whichever keeper plays wil either be not 100% or that young guy so surely loads of crosses and long range shots early on could be useful

Not a chance.

Dyer is exactly the type of player we need in this game.

Surprises me you've even suggested this?

Not a chance.

Dyer is exactly the type of player we need in this game.

Surprises me you've even suggested this?

Totally mate, this game has the makings of a cracker imo, think the intensity of the crowd will rev up an already fired up Leicester team. After we've played our get out of gaol free card and won, the momentum will drive us on to victory!It's written in the stars :P

Archived