Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iamafox

Watford gameplan

Totally mate, this game has the makings of a cracker imo, think the intensity of the crowd will rev up an already fired up Leicester team. After we've played our get out of gaol free card and won, the momentum will drive us on to victory!It's written in the stars :P

I want us to be up and at em right from the off.

A little like we were all those years ago in the play off second leg against Cambridge.

Give them no time, get stuck in and take the game to them.

Dyer would be an integral part of such a gameplan, for me. If he tires in the second half, as he often does, then I'd replace him with Marshall, or even Gally.

But Lloyd from the start for me is a no brainer.

A little like we were all those years ago in the play off second leg against Cambridge.

Dyer would be an integral part of such a gameplan, for me. If he tires in the second half, as he often does, then I'd replace him with Marshall, or even Gally.

I remember that Cambridge game so well Col, at the time the best atmosphere of any game i had been to

Are you feeling any better today Col?

Yep intensity all the way! Remember that night like it was yesterday! :D

It's all well and good attacking, but they're very good on the counter attack so we have to be wary of that. 

Yes but from the start we need to get at them and don't let them settle. Im not saying attack all game. Just attack from the off and pen them in first twenty mins. Play on their damaged confidence.

We need to be way more physical than we were the other week. Hard tackles, run the midfield, get at their ankles, wind them up.

Depending on who plays in goal I would do a bit more shoot on sight, lots of deep balls in the box.

We need to be way more physical than we were the other week. Hard tackles, run the midfield, get at their ankles, wind them up.

Depending on who plays in goal I would do a bit more shoot on sight, lots of deep balls in the box.

Everyone hates deep balls in the box ;)

I'll take a draw on thursday, better than a win even........ :o

If we are in front when we go to their place we will sit back and try to contain and we are hopeless at it.

A draw would be ideal, Watford have to win and will have to go for it being the home team, that takes them out of their comfort zone and will make the game quite open. The team with the desire and confidence will probably win and that could well be us....... :thumbup:

If we are in front when we go to their place we will sit back and try to contain and we are hopeless at it.

A draw would be ideal, Watford have to win and will have to go for it being the home team, that takes them out of their comfort zone and will make the game quite open. The team with the desire and confidence will probably win and that could well be us....... :thumbup:

What if we smash them 4-0 at home, surely that would be ideal, after all we haven't lost by more than 2 all season. :)

As we've seen this season, Watford have scored a lot of goals, enough to be the 2nd highest scorers in the Football League. We have to be wary of their attacking prowess, they'll make us defend deep into our half and put us under pressure from the start.

Being too wary of Watford will cost us a place at Wembley.

They're a good side going forward - but so are we.

We're very capable of putting anyone in this division on the back foot, the players need to believe that.

What if we smash them 4-0 at home, surely that would be ideal, after all we haven't lost by more than 2 all season. :)

We are not that good, one or two goals in it at best.

Whatever the score tomorrow, its going to be a horrible wait until the return leg. Even a 3-0 win wouldn't guarantee anything, it'd be better than most results, but an early goal for Watford at their place, with their crowd behind them, makes doubts creep in! As long as we're still in with a chance at half time on Sunday, I'll believe we can do it.

Guest ttfn

Agree with all of the above, we need to go for it. Pearson will surely be only too aware of this having seen his timid set-ups outclassed by Watford twice this season and also after the Cardiff first leg in 2010.

The pessimist in me is just hoping that at worst the game is in the balance for the second leg. Last season Cardiff got battered in the first leg and it makes the second leg of what should be a really exciting tie redundant. In fact the last time Watford were in the play-offs they won their away leg 3-0 at Palace.

Anyway, quietly confident that with the issues they've got we can sneak a 2-1 win tomorrow.

I can fully see where you're coming from.

Of course they're a threat and very good on the break but you have to question anybody suggesting we take a defensive outlook. Everything is in our favour:

- Leicester play best when they attack and play at pace.

- When we press teams properly we tend to win although its difficult to maintain for 90 mins.

- Watford are going to be on a slight downer and will be putting themselves under pressure.

- We should be absolutely buzzing and should use that enivronment to fuel the performance.

All in all, we need to be positive; not suicidal but put them under pressure and leave the counter attack as their only option no matter how good they are at it.

Archived