Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
peach0000

Beckford to Bolton

This is really getting on my tits now! It seems the greedy ****er would rather rot in the reserves and pick up his 30k a week than move on and play first team football! What a messed up situation! And i bet the same will happen with danns gallagher and wellens! Thus meaning we wont be able to sign anyone and a shit season ahead! Nice one sven!

This

Guest MattP

As soon as Beckford leaves the prat that signed him up on this stupid deal can go with him.

What a complete shambles the behind the scenes affairs at the club are. Joke. Sort it out.

Too right, Neville should have left the club 5 minutes after Sven was shown the door.

He'd have to be a very, very nice guy to surrender a million or two for a club that means as much to him as, say, Leeds does to you or I. Not even Gary Lineker gave us that much.

It's just utter greed, no other word for it. I'm sure he doesn't need to drag this out, he should just go and get some first team football

Guest MattP

This. Amazing how people accept greed now rather than pity it.

It's quite incredible, players used to move because they wanted to play. If that meant a pay cut so be it.

Now it's not about playing or scoring goals, you get the feeling some would accept a 10k a week rise to play for the reserves, what a sorry state of affairs. The most strange thing about it is fans now tend to actually sympathise with the player.

It's quite incredible, players used to move because they wanted to play. If that meant a pay cut so be it.

Now it's not about playing or scoring goals, you get the feeling some would accept a 10k a week rise to play for the reserves, what a sorry state of affairs. The most strange thing about it is fans now tend to actually sympathise with the player.

Did they? Name 5 players that moved on for less wages for 1st team football that were/are of Beckfords age? Would you do the same job for less money at a rival company just because you were surplus to requirements? Of course you wouldn't, only a fool would move elsewhere for a lot less cash.

Guest MattP

Did they? Name 5 players that moved on for less wages for 1st team football that were/are of Beckfords age? Would you do the same job for less money at a rival company just because you were surplus to requirements? Of course you wouldn't, only a fool would move elsewhere for a lot less cash.

Off the top of my head.

Nick Barmby

Kevin Campbell

Gareth Southgate

Darren Anderton

Davie Weir

I would if they had me stapling paper all day instead of doing the job I was employed to do. Amazingly some of us aren't money driven and would rather, if financially viable, take a paycut to do something I enjoy more (playing first team football)

Off the top of my head.

Nick Barmby

Kevin Campbell

Gareth Southgate

Darren Anderton

Davie Weir

All of which were well into their thrties and were nearing the end of their playing careers. Beckford isnin his "prime". So again, name a player in their prine who moved for less money?

I would if they had me stapling paper all day instead of doing the job I was employed to do. Amazingly some of us aren't money driven and would rather, if financially viable, take a paycut to do something I enjoy more (playing first team football)

How do you know Beckford enjoys football? If he is soley in it for the money as a lot of players are, it self explanatory. Look up Winston Bogarde and what he did at Chelsea. You mention not being money driven, but the demographic of 20-30 year olds who aren't driven by money are in the minority. Make hay while the sun shines!

Don't forget

Summerbee and McKinley when we were in admin came here and played for free!! Some players arnt all about the money, some want to play football!!

Is that true?? They were both in the twilight of their careers, Beckford isn't.

It does get on my tits when people on here sympathise with footballers. 'They get taxed so much', 'it's a short career', I've even heard the belter: 'How do expect him to fund his charity on those wages?'.

It does get on my tits when people on here sympathise with footballers. 'They get taxed so much', 'it's a short career', I've even heard the belter: 'How do expect him to fund his charity on those wages?'.

I am not sympathising, but just because they earn a lot of money, why should they give it away?

Agree with Vlad. Wage cap would be a brilliant idea (Dont slate me but it works in Rugby Union)

If the big clubs want to join a european league let them

Would be the only way for english talent to come through, you never know we might have a half decent national team then!

Is that true?? They were both in the twilight of their careers, Beckford isn't.

This is true and Beckford is almost 30 and I think Mckinley and Sumerbee were 31/32 when they came so not a great deal of difference.

On the salary cap this needs to come from Fifa and be implemented across the whole world, but we all know about 15 top clubs have far to much say. But a global Salary cap of 20K a week would make football a much more even and exciting sport.

This is true and Beckford is almost 30 and I think Mckinley and Sumerbee were 31/32 when they came so not a great deal of difference.

On the salary cap this needs to come from Fifa and be implemented across the whole world, but we all know about 15 top clubs have far to much say. But a global Salary cap of 20K a week would make football a much more even and exciting sport.

It really says something when reasonable suggestions like 20k/w for a global salary cap would require some of our players (like Danns) to take a paycut...

It really says something when reasonable suggestions like 20k/w for a global salary cap would require some of our players (like Danns) to take a paycut...

agreed!

I'd say 50k cap for top tier and 20k cap for second tier globally

I wonder how many of those on here who would take a massive cut in salary to play football have a mortgage and family.

It is a short career and the money you earn may well have to support you and your family for the next 60 years, not many footballers have a trade to fall back on.

I don't like my current job but would need to take a cut of around 12% to get another, I probably have 12 months left in this role and I certainly won't be leaving voluntarily.

Archived