Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Monk

Watford Post Match Thread

As ridiculously excruciating, cruel, heart breaking and unbelievable as those 30 seconds were, looking at the bigger picture, we don't deserve to be at Wembley.

I'm not meaning this to be negative, but we finished the season in dreadful form (in general) with 68 points. 68 points shouldn't get you anywhere near the playoffs, we only scrapped it through luck and other teams being equally as inconsistent.

Watford were, and are, the better team. We played them right for 3/4 of the tie, but it was still tight. Once they shrugged off the ghosts of the final day they took control of the match today and absolutely dominated. If that game had gone into extra time I can't see how Watford wouldn't have won it. We aren't a bad team, but you only to look at the quality of chances Watford created in both matches to see Watford's superior quality.

We aren't good enough to go up, or even for Wembley. Yet.

Exactly this!

they were better than us. During the second part of the season we didn't approach things correctly at all.

Last week I was saying that Wood had been given a hard time on this forum rather harshly.....today I say I told you so. The guy caused them so many more problems than Kane and won his share of free kicks too. He was our link across the pitch....and held the ball up great.

To top it all off, he would have taken the pen. People have given a stupidly low rating....I say we would should be counting ourselves lucky to have him. We could have Harry Kane or Vardy starting....I know what I want next season!

Usually i would just look forward to the next season. But the way it happened today has made it hard to do that. The arrogance of Zola doesn't help with it.

Also I only considered after the game how great it would have been if we had sung "there only 2 udineses "

Is there actually any decent fans in Watford? Seems unlikely. 

One decent season and now they think they're fvcking Bayern Munich.

I don't think they went when Boothroyd, Mackay, Dyche were in charge, because this incredible football they preach about was nowhere to be seen.

not really no, I can't stand them.

We're not that bothered about you. No, seriously, for a very very large part, Leicester fans come across as the least deluded and affable of all the 'sleeping giants'. You have a great stadium with probably the nicest stewards and catering staff in the division. And whatever his tactical problems, Pearson seems a very decent chap.

That was a fantastic tie today, the swings of emotion were unbelievable - and your players and fans played a big part. Good luck for next season and if we're still here I look forward to visiting the KP again.

We're not that bothered about you. No, seriously, for a very very large part, Leicester fans come across as the least deluded and affable of all the 'sleeping giants'. You have a great stadium with probably the nicest stewards and catering staff in the division. And whatever his tactical problems, Pearson seems a very decent chap.

That was a fantastic tie today, the swings of emotion were unbelievable - and your players and fans played a big part. Good luck for next season and if we're still here I look forward to visiting the KP again.

Thanks, at last a Watford fan with a brain cell

Brilliant, being Watford and living in Leicestershire, life doesnt get any better at the moment, walked back to my vehicle with all you lot on Thursday and you were so cocky about getting to Wembley, there is some saying about counting chickens I think. Also the behaviour of some of your lot outside the away end and on the way out left a bad taste. Doesnt taste so bad now we smashed your promotions dreams to bits. 

Just sorting my ticket for Wembley out. If any of you lot cockily booked trains or hotels let me know and I will happily give you 1p in the pound on them. Bit like how you behaved to your creditors when you cheated your way up with your administration.

Keep the Faith.

As Kevin Keegan once said, I will flipping love it if Watford lose the final.

Wasn't too fussed who won it 10 minutes ago, but you dun f*&ked up now.

People still think we cheated our way up with admin? ****ing hell, if nearly losing our club is our best attempt at cheating then we clearly aren't good at it. 

I don't think it's sunk in yet - after stoke and cardiff I was in tears, I'm still just numb. ****ing angry given cov and forest fans are giving it the big 'un, but I still can't believe today has actually happened, still just feels like a bad dream.

Exactly this, I feel like I should be in tears but nothing as yet, I've watched the last 2 minutes of the game probly 100 times now, my brain is just refusing to take it all in

People still think we cheated our way up with admin? ****ing hell, if nearly losing our club is our best attempt at cheating then we clearly aren't good at it.

I don't think it's sunk in yet - after stoke and cardiff I was in tears, I'm still just numb. ****ing angry given cov and forest fans are giving it the big 'un, but I still can't believe today has actually happened, still just feels like a bad dream.

I feel worse than when we were relegated at Stoke - at least that had positives of feeling like we'd finally be the big team and win a lot (as we did) on top of some good new grounds and away days.

Still riled about this, arrgh

For all those that say we lost to the better team.....that doesn't make me feel any better whatsoever,

we had a golden opportunity to make the final to Wembley and we blew it

GOLDEN opportunity you say?

It's the manner the way we lost that hurts me, and when you look at knocky taking the penalty you can see he was not confident enough I knew before he even kicked the ball he would miss it, so if I could see it surely the other players did?

Well I still stand by what I said.I am genuinely unhappy that Leicester have been knocked out.Now you can take that as you please,and I have already had a few Knuckle-draggers telling me I can go forth and multiply,simply for wishing you well..

However,I know that every club has a small minority of really really stupid people,and my club is no exception,nor any club in the land.I have been to The KP as an away fan and found it to be very hospitable indeed,in fact it was two of my more enjoyable days as a fan,despite losing both matches.As a fairly impartial observer,Watford were the better team on the day,in what was an astoundingly good game to watch,and if we somehow get past Palace they will cause us no end of problems.

With regard to Leicester City,I would have said they were the biggest club in the semis,but even so,it's not a day you should be ashamed of,or be too disheartened by.Of all the four clubs in the Semi-finals of the play-offs,not one of them is a team which people "Attach" themselves to in order to gain some kind of bogus glory,or to look better in front of their mates,all the teams,Leicester,Brighton,Watford,and Pa**ce,are supported by genuine fans,fans who really love them for what they are,and that is a blessing,as much as it is a curse!

Next season,Leicester will be fighting it out at the top of this league with any one of the three remaining clubs,and in some ways I actually prefer The Championship,although,it wont stop me wanting to see us win the play-offs,obviously.

Exactly this, I feel like I should be in tears but nothing as yet, I've watched the last 2 minutes of the game probly 100 times now, my brain is just refusing to take it all in

Not sure why you've watched it so many times. I've seen one replay since the game, felt sick, and will refuse to watch it again. Depressing beyond belief.

Archived