Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Monk

Watford Post Match Thread

Just wanted to say lads, although their are some twats who support Leicester (we have some at Watford too) just want to thank you boys for a great tie over the two legs. Atmosphere at KP was electric I went to the Friday match too and the stewards we're all friendly, better than the Hull scum anyway. 

Unlucky today, you played better first game we played better at second I don't think that can be denied by any of you once you've calmed down. Couldn't have written it but you've got the base of a good squad and can see you challenging next year with a few additions. 

Don't be bitter though the loan system really is blown out of proportion. Hogg, Deeney, Forestieri, Almunia, Doyley are Watford players with the rest to sign. 

So I wish you the best of luck next season I'm sure you'll be in the Premier League soon, let's see if we make it or join you next season too.

Thank You!

I am disappointed don't get me wrong I wouldn't be a fan or supporter if I wasn't but lets be honest previous to our last game, previous to our playoff campaign, 3 wins in 17 games, hardly promotion worthy is it?

We have done well, we finished the season where I expected, the playoff is always a lottery, gutted but it's ended how I expected it.

I'm angry, I'm disappointed by this is life.

Just wanted to say lads, although their are some twats who support Leicester (we have some at Watford too) just want to thank you boys for a great tie over the two legs. Atmosphere at KP was electric I went to the Friday match too and the stewards we're all friendly, better than the Hull scum anyway. 

Unlucky today, you played better first game we played better at second I don't think that can be denied by any of you once you've calmed down. Couldn't have written it but you've got the base of a good squad and can see you challenging next year with a few additions. 

Don't be bitter though the loan system really is blown out of proportion. Hogg, Deeney, Forestieri, Almunia, Doyley are Watford players with the rest to sign. 

So I wish you the best of luck next season I'm sure you'll be in the Premier League soon, let's see if we make it or join you next season too.

Thank You!

Hope Brighton/Palace destroy you tbh.

OMG, I haven't read much of the thread tbh, but are people still moaning about this? :banghead:

If Leicester used the loan market to so much success I guarentee they wouldn't be moaning, saying it should be against the rules.

Watford found a loophole and used it too success, IMO it isn't a way of planning future, or a way of being successful, but you've beat us, made it to the playoff finals and have a shot of the premiership, and future or future success is at the back of your minds.

Well done.

I don't agree Pearson got his tactics wrong: getting tactics wrong would have been to have gone to the game trying to defend the lead. Watford stepped up their game in the second half, but Leicester still looked to put pressure on the Watford defence whenever possible. After all , that's what led to the penalty. Kane also had a good chance on the counter attack. I also don't agree the defenders apart from Morgan were playing badly - Keane perhaps wasn't as dominant as a very good Watford attack but still made some good tackles and got sufficient on the ball to deflect one of Watford's best chances (Abdi) past the post. I thought Schlupp did well on the whole - far better than the first leg. I think Pearson was spot on playing him rather than Konshevsky (I'm assuming he was fully fit) as I think his comparative lack of pace would have led to even more Watford chances.

However, with Wood off the pitch, I was very surprised to see Knockaeart step up to take the penalty, as presumably our first choice penalty taker. We must have been practising penalties so hopefully he was better in training. But winning a penalty shoot out does seem quite remote.

We came very, very close getting to Wembley where I think we could beat have beaten either opponent. If the same squad can be kept together, with 2-3 signings to strengthen it,  we should be able to get automatic promotion if the same form is shown as in the last 3 games.

I'm not sure what game you were watching.

We couldn't put Watford under pressure in the second half because we were just aimlessly knocking it up to Wood or Kane who had no support. We didn't threaten their goal and invited loads of pressure and we paid for it.

So explain why we didn't at least bring on another midfielder to swamp the middle if Nugent was going to play so deep? The few times we did break it was meaningless because nobody was in the bleeding box.

So the sensible thing to do would be to bring another midfielder on so they didn't have so much space in midfield and so they couldn't win it so easily. But we didn't, we weren't proactive and they scored.

Then, AFTER they scored he decides to do that very thing, which is now no good to us because we needed to get a goal. He should have brought Marshall on to be a threat and so we could get out of our half, otherwise we would be under continuous pressure with no outlets, which is what happened. The penalty came from great individualism by Knocky well against the run of play. Pearson's mistakes lost it for us for me.

Schlupp was again awful defensively for me, he was out of position, he didn't track runners, his clearances were panicky and put us under pressure and he was beaten so so easily by Anya, time and time again.

Keane was hardly better, his tackling was absolutely pathetic, as was De Laet's who looked like he didn't want to get his boots dirty in challenges. The both of them were also consistently out of position. We were all over the place at the back, I'm not sure how you can't see this.

I must admit it would have been ideal to sign up more players on pernament deals in January as happened with Forestieri.

I would say we haven't  had much luck with our british defenders as Hall has been out and Nosworthy/Hoban are long term injuries as has Eustace.

Also somebody like Sean Murray who is a top player potentially has been a bit un-professional off the pitch it seems so lost a chance to get into the team.

Accept we would be "complaining" if it was somebody else!

Anyway another 2 decent open attacking games against you guys and if we met again next season I am sure they'll be the same once more!

Certainly seem to provide one of the more entertaining matches at the Vic.

Really really gutted to go out in stoppage time.

I thought Watford were the better side and probably deserved to win the game today, feel really sorry for Knockaert after that although it shouldn't have been a penalty. It's going to take me a while to get over this.

Ignore the Watford fans, real fans win and lose with respect to their opposition. Congratulations to Watford, they did the job and took advantage of us. I said a few things about Knockaert immediately after the match that I regretted and have now deleted now i've calmed down. What I do want to say is he is a very selfish player and maybe that showed when he decided to take the penalty instead of Nugent or someone HOWEVER, he has been selfish all season and we have profited from that many times. He was a foot away from being a hero. His penalty miss didn't run the ball 90 yards into the back of our net, our relaxed defense did. Personally, I don't think there is anyone to blame. We did ourselves proud today and I will be there from day one next season.

Well said Harry

I can't understand how we got caught by a counter-attack in the 94th minute from our own penalty.

Surely if you get a penalty so close to the end of a match, the only person that should be anywhere near the penalty area is the taker alone.

The others should all be in positions back down the field to prevent such a situation.

Just gutted.

That last few seconds sums up the Leicester City rollercoaster.

:cry:  :cry:  :cry:

Absolutely gutted by the result but after watching back the video I took of the start when the players came out you have to say we have one of the best sets of fans in the country.

I don't recall Watfords fans being as good as this on Thursday night.

Absolutely shattered after that, what a difference a week makes.

Can't really take it in, how fortunes, hopes, seasons change in 30-odd seconds. So near and yet so far.

Gutted and weary after that :(

Absolutely gutted by the result but after watching back the video I took of the start when the players came out you have to say we have one of the best sets of fans in the country.

I don't recall Watfords fans being as good as this on Thursday night.

Funny that, we couldn't hear a thing from where we were.

Really thought we would do it today.

Some great play, however, again, we misplaced quite a few passes.

Not sure whether it was a penalty; he was tugged on his shoulder, but he dived rather too.

Don't want another drama like this again, that's for sure. :sweating:

I'd like to thank the City players, manager, training staff and owner for a great season.

I think, at times, we played the best football I've seen from a City team in over 40 years. It was a roller coaster, but at least it was never boring.

Thanks,

Hope that you are all back next season.

I'm proud to be a Leicester lad and a lifelong Leicester supporter.

Well said!

I left the ground feeling like I had been hit by a bus.

But our fans were f'cking tremendous today. Some brilliant chants and songs.

"Number 1, he's on loan, Number 2, he's on loan..." my personal favourite.

It's never boring being a Leicester fan.

Archived