Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Monk

Watford Post Match Thread

I left the ground feeling like I had been hit by a bus.

But our fans were f'cking tremendous today. Some brilliant chants and songs.

"Number 1, he's on loan, Number 2, he's on loan..." my personal favourite.

It's never boring being Leicester fan.

Correction, players 1 & 2 are the ones we own! lol

We are Watford FC we sign who we want.....

Correction, players 1 & 2 are the ones we own! lol

We are Watford FC we loan who we want.....

Further correction

Absolutely gutted, nightmare. Mentally don't know how the players and the fans will recover. 

I was slightly cheered up by seeing 1 cheeky Watford fan get chased and then battered by about 20 Leicester fans though after the game. Would love it if its one them WUM cvnts that comes on here.

Guest ttfn

Absolutely gutted, nightmare. Mentally don't know how the players and the fans will recover. 

I was slightly cheered up by seeing 1 cheeky Watford fan get chased and then battered by about 20 Leicester fans though after the game. Would love it if its one them WUM cvnts that comes on here.

We'll be back.

Knockaert will score 20 goals next season and we'll win the league. Andy King will be knighted for services to football.

We'll be back.

Knockaert will score 20 goals next season and we'll win the league. Andy King will be knighted for services to football.

And Conrad Logan will cap the season off by scoring a hat trick in his testimonial. Happy days.

Thought both teams put on a good show for the cameras today, and an incredible final minute that had me screaming 'cheating B******s' at the screen one minute and then screaming "Yessssss!!!" the next. Was livid that the penalty was given, but we've done our fair share of diving over the season, so couldn't have complained too much if you'd scored. It was a shocking spot kick to be fair - he didn't make Almunia work at all.

Just some things to clear up -  a lot of posters on here seem to be confused about our transfer embargo - this relates to some dodgy dealings by a previous owner  (nothing to do with the Pozzo family) who has since been banned from football. He acted without the knowledge of the other directors, and as such every deal we make has to be sanctioned by the FA to avoid it happening again. We are allowed to buy/sell players.

I don't consider our loanees as being a form of cheating, as any team could have done the same - we could just as easily had them signed permanently, but this way they are on a try-before-you-buy deal. It's just a sensible way to do business - the ones who perform will be given full contracts, like Forestieri. Just wish we'd done the same with Nathan Ellington before we splashed out £3.75 million on him and nearly bust the club. It's no different to having a rich foreign owner throwing money at the squad - just the way of modern football. Personally I'd like to see every squad have to field half their team from a catchment area 10 miles of their ground, so they really do represent the local town - but that isn't happening any time soon...

Finally, obviously glad we won, but sorry it was against you - I've got a soft spot for Leicester, having known some cracking Leicester lads. Oh, you might want to check out Deeney & Zola's post match comments, very complimentary about you. 

Gutted. Just like everyone else.

However, this experience should be a lesson to the whole squad. We need to play better, and more consistent, next season to win automatic promotion and leave the 'drama' toothed teams.

Thought both teams put on a good show for the cameras today, and an incredible final minute that had me screaming 'cheating B******s' at the screen one minute and then screaming "Yessssss!!!" the next. Was livid that the penalty was given, but we've done our fair share of diving over the season, so couldn't have complained too much if you'd scored. It was a shocking spot kick to be fair - he didn't make Almunia work at all.

Just some things to clear up -  a lot of posters on here seem to be confused about our transfer embargo - this relates to some dodgy dealings by a previous owner  (nothing to do with the Pozzo family) who has since been banned from football. He acted without the knowledge of the other directors, and as such every deal we make has to be sanctioned by the FA to avoid it happening again. We are allowed to buy/sell players.

I don't consider our loanees as being a form of cheating, as any team could have done the same - we could just as easily had them signed permanently, but this way they are on a try-before-you-buy deal. It's just a sensible way to do business - the ones who perform will be given full contracts, like Forestieri. Just wish we'd done the same with Nathan Ellington before we splashed out £3.75 million on him and nearly bust the club. It's no different to having a rich foreign owner throwing money at the squad - just the way of modern football. Personally I'd like to see every squad have to field half their team from a catchment area 10 miles of their ground, so they really do represent the local town - but that isn't happening any time soon...

Finally, obviously glad we won, but sorry it was against you - I've got a soft spot for Leicester, having known some cracking Leicester lads. Oh, you might want to check out Deeney & Zola's post match comments, very complimentary about you. 

Fair enough, enjoy your trip to Wembley.

I like Zola, great player, decent bloke and has done a wonderful job this season.

So gutted and heartbroken. I was literally in tears as soon as Watford scored the winning goal.

But it was a fantastic game to watch from a neutral point of view and on the balance of the 2 legs, Watford were better than us. Good luck to them in the final.

Np i have become more and more pissed off with. Why bring Kane on? He's dog shit. Then change to a formation which kills all attacking threat.

Tactically for me he's getting worse

he got the subs wrong. when taken off dyer he should have put shlupp there and bought on konchesky. we had no pace after that and what did kane and drinkwater bring to the team. nothing both a waste of space

Thoroughly the most heartbreaking moment I've ever had supporting us.

It's been the extreme week. From the best to the worst. That's topped both Stoke and Cardiff for me.

Truly fvcking sickening.

he got the subs wrong. when taken off dyer he should have put shlupp there and bought on konchesky. we had no pace after that and what did kane and drinkwater bring to the team. nothing both a waste of space

Spot on - he looked lost whereas Zola looked like he knew the next move every time. Drinkwater lost it months ago and Kane looks lazy and inexperienced. Whatever the faithful think, having Beckford to bring on, Danns to bring on and SSL for centre back would have made us stronger today - whatever baloney the blind spout

Thoroughly the most heartbreaking moment I've ever had supporting us.

It's been the extreme week. From the best to the worst. That's topped both Stoke and Cardiff for me.

Truly fvcking sickening.

Pretty much this. I just feel empty after today. Absolutely gutted.

Although at least we aren't in League one (ala Stoke game). Look on the brightside.

Spot on - he looked lost whereas Zola looked like he knew the next move every time. Drinkwater lost it months ago and Kane looks lazy and inexperienced. Whatever the faithful think, having Beckford to bring on, Danns to bring on and SSL for centre back would have made us stronger today - whatever baloney the blind spout

Shame beckford does not wish to be sub though and requested a transfer previously eh.

As ridiculously excruciating, cruel, heart breaking and unbelievable as those 30 seconds were, looking at the bigger picture, we don't deserve to be at Wembley.

I'm not meaning this to be negative, but we finished the season in dreadful form (in general) with 68 points. 68 points shouldn't get you anywhere near the playoffs, we only scrapped it through luck and other teams being equally as inconsistent.

Watford were, and are, the better team. We played them right for 3/4 of the tie, but it was still tight. Once they shrugged off the ghosts of the final day they took control of the match today and absolutely dominated. If that game had gone into extra time I can't see how Watford wouldn't have won it. We aren't a bad team, but you only to look at the quality of chances Watford created in both matches to see Watford's superior quality.

We aren't good enough to go up, or even for Wembley. Yet.

Anyone else got the penalty running through their mind every 10 seconds? Aint gonna be sleeping tonight.

I have, but in my version Knocky nails it into the left-hand corner and leaps into a jubilant Leicester crowd :(

Just watched that tsunami movie The Impossible. That was a big F ing mistake just when you thought things couldn't get any worse. Think I need to pull a sicky now. Depression long term. Need to watch some 90s city football to cheer me up.

Let's not forget the 90s had a fair share of playoff heartbreak for us. Just avoid them ones if you do :D

Archived