Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Monk

Watford Post Match Thread

Is Knocky our pen taker? Was very surprised to see him step up.

Was a shit pen and he bottled the follow up.

Stand by him though. End of, Watford were much better over the two legs.

If NP is still here next season, he's got a lot of work to do. We haven't played football since January and that didn't change in the last 2 games. We need to get it down on the floor next year, players like Wood and Nuge would benefit rather than this long ball shit.

I'd like to thank the City players, manager, training staff and owner for a great season.

I think, at times, we played the best football I've seen from a City team in over 40 years. It was a roller coaster, but at least it was never boring.

Thanks,

Hope that you are all back next season.

I'm proud to be a Leicester lad and a lifelong Leicester supporter.

Pearson's tactics are a disgrace. We're also lacking a real leader on the pitch, needed a captain with a cool head to stop Knockaert from taking that penalty, should have been Nugent's all day long.

Nugent doesnt take penalties!!! shaky said it it too!!

fact is no other city player had the guts to take it, im gutted but watford were the better side you could see it all day long

Pearson's tactics are a disgrace. We're also lacking a real leader on the pitch, needed a captain with a cool head to stop Knockaert from taking that penalty, should have been Nugent's all day long.

lol David 'Only taken one peno in his life before today' Nugent.

Great skipper you'd be. Twat.

Urgh. What a horrible way to go out.

Have to say I think Watford were the better team over both legs. To be honest, it would have been a miracle for us to get promoted this season bearing in mind how badly we've played over the last 12 games or so.

Stick or twist with Pearson? It's difficult. I still think ideally we should look elsewhere now...I know at the moment we all think we've 'come so close' but in reality we've qualified for the play-offs with the lowest points total ever. If you take a dispassionate look at the season, our capitulation has been pretty spectacular. But if no one better comes along...

Really hope Watford come up short in the final. Got no problems with them as a club, but it can't be right that a club fielding 8 loanees in both legs gets a shot at the big-time. Still can't believe they invaded the pitch - they haven't even won anything yet!

Urgh. What a horrible way to go out.

Have to say I think Watford were the better team over both legs. To be honest, it would have been a miracle for us to get promoted this season bearing in mind how badly we've played over the last 12 games or so.

Stick or twist with Pearson? It's difficult. I still think ideally we should look elsewhere now...I know at the moment we all think we've 'come so close' but in reality we've qualified for the play-offs with the lowest points total ever. If you take a dispassionate look at the season, our capitulation has been pretty spectacular. But if no one better comes along...

Really hope Watford come up short in the final. Got no problems with them as a club, but it can't be right that a club fielding 8 loanees in both legs gets a shot at the big-time. Still can't believe they invaded the pitch - they haven't even won anything yet!

In all fairness we would have done the same if they had missed a penalty and we had scored 20 seconds later....

The game was there for the taking but we were to negative second half...Not one shot on target except penalty!

Lets face it we are shite and not good enough to go up....we lack in every department

Watford were the better team and deserved to go through on balance of play.  We were outplayed, especially in the second half.  Anybody slagging Knocky off is a c unt. Do not forget who scored in injury time against Forest to get us to the play offs. The same man who drove into the penalty area to win the penalty in the first place. The fact he had the balls to take it is testament to his temperament.  I didn't see anyone else step up for the ball. 

Doubt it is the right time to comment on whether NP should go or not but he has failed in his remit of promotion which must majorly count against him.

Stunned.

No sense turning on the lads, the majority of the them put their all in today.

Knocky shouldn't have taken the penalty but I won't hold it against him, he had the balls to take it and applaud the fans at the end.

Nugent should have took it. The look on his face before he took it. Really scared. Could see him missing it. Another Pearson balls up for me. And why can't we take a free kick?

Well... I'm just glad that games over.  It was horrible to watch. Dreadful way/time to lose but I personally don't feel anywhere near as bad as i did after the Cardiff PO defeat.  We really put in the effort throughout the season that time and it was gutting to see it go up in smoke right at the end. This time weve been poor for a very large spell of the season and only got into the play offs because the division is so low on quality.  Also the team put in super human effort in Cardiff whilst this time we were largely outplayed for large periods of the game.  The ineffective hoofball we so often resorted to was horribly primitive compared to Watfords passing.  There have been highlights this season and the Forest game will live long in the memory but I cant really class this season as a great one due to the awfulness of the last 4 months. Im frankly glad its over.

Gutted.

Gutting to lose in that manner.

Gutting to have the Watford fans run onto the pitch and celebrate in front of us.

Gutting to be so close and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I guess that's just Leicester.

Well played Andy King. Absolutely heroic today. There can be absolutely no question marks against his quality.

Agree with the first part, second part is nonsense.

Pearson did fvck up with his tactics today, we were suicidal in the second half and got battered.

And we did need a real leader, but not to stop Knocky taking a penalty, we needed a leader to talk to the other defenders who were having a mare. He wasn't organising Keane, he wasn't advising Schlupp, we were all over the place.

So it's Wes Morgan's fault that Knocky missed the pen? The same Wes Morgan that was voted by his peers as one of the two best CB's in the league. He's led us brilliantly for two years you fvcking tool.

That's just an unbelievable post.

Nugent should have took it. The look on his face before he took it. Really scared. Could see him missing it. Another Pearson balls up for me. And why can't we take a free kick?

So why would Nugent have scored when he's the biggest bottler in the squad, has taken one penalty in his entire career and has no interest in taking penalties?

Has it been established why Knockaert took the penalty?  Did NP or Morgan as captain have any input?

Watford were definitely the better side and NP will stand or fall by his signings.  We ended up with a very inexperienced back four in Keane and Schlupp and perhaps too many young players.

NP has been backed in the transfer market but we ended up with a very second best forward line and shouldn't have had to rely upon having Kane on the pitch.  Futacs and Vardy haven't succeeded.  Matty James has been excellent and the best signing this season with De Laet close behind.  Knockaert has potential but probably not good enough yet to be in a top two side.

On balance I think NP has had his chance and hasn't assembled a good enough squad so as Alan Suger would say "Reluctantly you're fired".

Archived