Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Riot Van

Schmeichel to go then?

I'm a keeper also.. I'm not trying to say it wasn't a good finish, but, in my opinion, a premiership standard keeper would have saved that. Kasper is far from Prem class. Everything today from his performance proves he is no where near prem class.

Agreed, definitely not Prem class but his passion and shot stopping obscures his faults

I hope he stays, been very good these last two years and fills me with confidence when he's between the sticks. Best Keeper we've had in a long time, and he's only going to get better!

Yes he makes the occasional mistake but he makes many more important saves than he does mistakes.

Yes they would of. It wasn't in the corner or hit massively hard. It was spontanteous and Kasper didn't respond to it. I think all 3 goals were soft to concede.

Key thing about goalkeeping is being set for a shot. I'm not sure I'd be expecting that from Vidra (especially him getting it on target) and so I would have been late on it / past me before I could dive.

The arc of the shot also makes it difficult because its inbetween a full length / half length dive making it a less instinctive shot to save. Take Vidra's second for example - it's a bit of a side foot scuff, but that's what made it harder to save. If he'd lined up a massive strike with power (second goal here) Schmicael may well have saved it as he'd have moved in tune with the body shape and instinctively got there.

Third goal people have got to behave. Schmichaels faced with a guy who's got a free header at the back post and tried to rush him into making an error. Many would have fallen for this and headed straight at him but fair play to Hogg, he had the awareness to nod it back across.

Genuinely can't see who would come in for him at the moment, he likes it with us too. Can definitely see him here next season.

West Ham

Fulham

Southampton

Everton

Villa

Liverpool

Cardiff

Stoke

Hull

Wigan

I would suggest all of the above would be considering their goalkeeping options this summer. Remember, prem teams tend to have at least 2-3 high class keepers on their books these days so Kasper could be tempted by an offer believing he wold have a shot at being number 1.

He's a decent keeper and I hope he stays with us, but he's not as good as everyone's making out. Harldy think teams would be beating down our door to sign him over the summer. I don't think he'd get half as much attention if his last name wasn't Schmeichel.

West Ham

Fulham

Southampton

Everton

Villa

Liverpool

Cardiff

Stoke

Hull

Wigan

I would suggest all of the above would be considering their goalkeeping options this summer. Remember, prem teams tend to have at least 2-3 high class keepers on their books these days so Kasper could be tempted by an offer believing he wold have a shot at being number 1.

Liverpool?! Seriously?

I can MAYBE see a promoted or recently relegated Prem team being interested, but other than that - forget it.

Key thing about goalkeeping is being set for a shot. I'm not sure I'd be expecting that from Vidra (especially him getting it on target) and so I would have been late on it / past me before I could dive.

The arc of the shot also makes it difficult because its inbetween a full length / half length dive making it a less instinctive shot to save. Take Vidra's second for example - it's a bit of a side foot scuff, but that's what made it harder to save. If he'd lined up a massive strike with power (second goal here) Schmicael may well have saved it as he'd have moved in tune with the body shape and instinctively got there.

Third goal people have got to behave. Schmichaels faced with a guy who's got a free header at the back post and tried to rush him into making an error. Many would have fallen for this and headed straight at him but fair play to Hogg, he had the awareness to nod it back across.

Finally someone on here that has a clue about goalkeeping and knows its not as simple on some think it is

I think people, well I am, am just trying to show that no matter how good we might think Kasper is, or how good he thinks he is, he is not ready or good enough for the prem.

He has the potential to be a prem keeper, but he has to go a long way yet. Hope we do hold on though.

Liverpool?! Seriously?

I can MAYBE see a promoted or recently relegated Prem team being interested, but other than that - forget it.

I'm not saying Kasper ends up at Liverpool, but I believe they will be getting rid of Brad Jones and there are plenty of rumours about Reina moving on so chances are they'll need a keeper or two in the summer.

With a number of clubs in similar positions (Jusski is getting on, West Ham may feel they need a decent number 2 - Schawzer isn't the keeper he was - Stoke may end up losing Begovic - I can see Given retiring leaving Villa with a no 2 spot to fill) it could start a chain reaction in movement of keepers in Europe. Even Spurs could have some requirements in this area if Friedel moves / retires.

QPR may also want a keeper with Ceaser surely moving on and Rob Green looking seriously suspect. I would imagine Kasper is just the sort of person Harry would like inbetween the poles.

I'm not saying Kasper ends up at Liverpool, but I believe they will be getting rid of Brad Jones and there are plenty of rumours about Reina moving on so chances are they'll need a keeper or two in the summer.

With a number of clubs in similar positions (Jusski is getting on, West Ham may feel they need a decent number 2 - Schawzer isn't the keeper he was - Stoke may end up losing Begovic - I can see Given retiring leaving Villa with a no 2 spot to fill) it could start a chain reaction in movement of keepers in Europe. Even Spurs could have some requirements in this area if Friedel moves / retires.

QPR may also want a keeper with Ceaser surely moving on and Rob Green looking seriously suspect. I would imagine Kasper is just the sort of person Harry would like inbetween the poles.

Stoke have butland who is way better than Kasper

If someone offered us £3-5 million for Kasper i would snatch their hands off.

I'm not 'deluded' and believe he is a bad keeper, in fact he and marshall are the best in the league. But just imagine the sort of players we could bring in. 

A replacement like Steele would cost less than a million and would be on lower wages, we could sign Tomlin for between £1-2 million, and would also be on lower wages, and probably bring in trotter on a free.

If getting rid of kasper meant we could bring in the likes of steele, trotter and tomlin then i'm all for letting him go.

Just look at United with Ronaldo. They recognised they could improve the squad to a higher standard than if they kept their best player.

Do you think it was unstoppable?

Nope but no keeper at this level would've stopped it.

It was spontaneous strike, not a lethal strike.

Exactly it was spontaneous, no-one expected it and although Kasper may have been on his toes and alert, the placement of it was excellent.

I'm sure Kasper will be disappointed with himself, that's just the way he is. But you can't apportion the majority of blame on him for that goal, it was just brilliant to be fair.

I think without a shadow of a doubt Kasper has been the best keeper at this club, in which we have had in a long time. The guy is clearly going be a great keeper but surely his dad would usher the advice on seeing out his contract an play games week in week out than settle for a move to the prem where this might not be the case? :rolleyes:  

I think without a shadow of a doubt Kasper has been the best keeper at this club, in which we have had in a long time. The guy is clearly going be a great keeper but surely his dad would usher the advice on seeing out his contract an play games week in week out than settle for a move to the prem where this might not be the case? :rolleyes:  

i personally think selling kasper may bring more success to the club.

I don't think we could replace him with a better keeper, but we could definetly improve the squad with the transfer fee and his saved wages.

Don't think Kasper will go. He loves it here. No need to sell and nobody will offer more than 2million for a 2nd choice keeper. We need to keep him, we need to be more vocal as a team and Kasper is central to that (Morgan take note)

You look at every one of those Watford goals and Kasper could have done something about each one a per class premier GK could save them so to me he's just not ready for that league yet!

It wasn't Kasper who was at fault. Look at the missed chances at home last Thursday.

We should have gone to Watford with certainly a 2 goal cushion probably even 3 or 4.

Everyone knows we have created more goal scoring opportunities in this League than anyone else but we struggled to finished 6th.

The game on Sunday just personified our season.

It wasn't Kasper who was at fault. Look at the missed chances at home last Thursday.

We should have gone to Watford with certainly a 2 goal cushion probably even 3 or 4.

Everyone knows we have created more goal scoring opportunities in this League than anyone else but we struggled to finished 6th.

The game on Sunday just personified our season.

That is just over two games but look at the course of over the season one of his downfalls are crosses and corners and Sunday proved that

Archived