Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Riot Van

Schmeichel to go then?

So, with the current position currently at a stalemate with just one weekend left of the Premier League season, Bruce is believed to have been checking on the availability of Kasper Schmeichel at Leicester City. Ex Tiger manager Nigel Pearson saw his side dramatically crash out of the play-offs in injury time of the 2nd leg at Watford, potentially leaving the highly rated son of great Danish keeper Peter Schmeichal open to a possible move to the Premier League. 

http://www.hullcityindependent.net/?page=news&news_id=1219

Kasper is just as good as the reported £3m Stockdale. Surely he knows better than to go to a club almost certainly destined for relegation?

Kasper is just as good as the reported £3m Stockdale. Surely he knows better than to go to a club almost certainly destined for relegation?

plus Hull is a hole!

Hull can actually **** off after their "we will not do any business with Leicester" shit they spouted last season. We should be just as petty and say we will not do business with them unless they are completely ridiculous offers.

plus Hull is a hole!

What an absolutely ridiculous comment. So you think it's beter to stay at Leicester who might not even ever make it into the Prem than have a crack even with a relatively poor team? You're just not with the programme are you?

Conrads contract is up this summer too

Really hope Kasper sees reason to have another crack at promotion with us, it would be a gamble for us as if were to fail again we would lose funds gains from his sale, yet if we do go up; we might have a very good keeper at our club who has fought and been through alot to be where he is and who hes with. Id really like him to have a future at the club.

STEVE BRUCE wants Kasper Schmeichel to be his No 1 as Hull head back to the Premier League.

The Tigers boss was a team-mate of the Leicester keeper’s dad, Peter, at Manchester United so that should give him the edge in the chase.

West Ham and Swansea are also in the hunt for Schmeichel, 26.

But Bruce is favourite after ruling out a permanent deal for on-loan England Under-21 star David Stockdale, after Fulham slapped a £4million price tag on him.

I would be dissapointed if he left but can understand he wants to test himself at a higher level.

If we can get upwards of £2m that would be good business then I would sign either one of George Long/Alex Smithies/Wes Fodderingham/Simon Moore to be our first choice goalkeeper.

only way we could keep i think would be convince him to wait it out until January - hopefully top of the league or close, so he realises we have a good premier league chance!

If not think he will leave - and as usual the newly promoted teams will be looking to raid the championship for the good players

If Hull want him, let them have him for a couple of million.

I think if Kasper wanted to stay he would have already commited himself to doing so. He's been good for us and has been the most successfull of Svens signings but at this level, we'll be able to pick up an equally good replacement for not much money.

Bye Kasper.

Bye.

STEVE BRUCE wants Kasper Schmeichel to be his No 1 as Hull head back to the Premier League.
The Tigers boss was a team-mate of the Leicester keeper’s dad, Peter, at Manchester United so that should give him the edge in the chase.
West Ham and Swansea are also in the hunt for Schmeichel, 26.
But Bruce is favourite after ruling out a permanent deal for on-loan England Under-21 star David Stockdale, after Fulham slapped a £4million price tag on him.

They can go and get fooked. 

Hull can actually **** off after their "we will not do any business with Leicester" shit they spouted last season. We should be just as petty and say we will not do business with them unless they are completely ridiculous offers.

Maybe Pearson still wants to sign one or two Hull players, hope not!

It would be an absolute joke if we sold any of our team to Hull after the way they went on about us last summer. I'd say whatever anyone else has to pay, Hull have to pay more. Sounds petty but we should be pricks with this lot seeing as they were with us.

If Kasper goes, which I don't think he will, the next best goalie is probably Bolton's Adam Bogdan in all honesty.

I don't see any other goalie in the Championship that is, when he's on top form, equivalent to Schmeichel.

:dunno:

I'd like top keep Kasper but I don't see him as irreplaceable.

He's a decent shot stopper and has decent reflexes / reactions but seems to deal with crosses or doesn't command his box that well. Now that could also be down to either centre back depending on how you view things. We have leaked goals from set pieces and that states something. Anyone know of a video clip that shows all of our goals against this year?!?

At the end of the day we have a decent-ish defence. One point to note, we also got relegated to League 1 with a decent defence.

Rate him as a keeper but his major weakness is crosses and it has cost us this year. I'd normally opt for him to stay but a cheap replacement may free up funds for other areas. If he left, for a decent fee, I think we'd probably end up with a weaker keeper but stronger team.

Archived