Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Riot Van

Schmeichel to go then?

Guest BlueBrett

Nobody other than Leicester fans and Sky pundits actually rates Kasper.  Ask around your mates who support Prem teams and you'll see.

Nobody other than Leicester fans and Sky pundits actually rates Kasper. Ask around your mates who support Prem teams and you'll see.

How about his fellow professionals in this division who rated him the best?

Maybe a tad too far. He's a good keeper, one of the better Championship ones, but people talk about him being a regular Prem starter? He isn't that good. With a few improves he could be  a Prem keeper, but at 26, it doesn't look like he'll improve them that much more given his age.

Goal keepers generally speaking hit their prime at around 33+ ..... Ask most goalkeepers bar hart... Look at van der sar... 40+ seems to be the average retirement age of a goalkeeper nowadays he has a while to go...

Nobody other than Leicester fans and Sky pundits and anyone who has the first clue about goalkeeping actually rates Kasper.  Ask around your mates who support Prem teams and you'll see.

I saw a hole in your post so I plugged it.

Nobody other than Leicester fans and Sky pundits actually rates Kasper.  Ask around your mates who support Prem teams and you'll see.

You've got to be kidding me....

On a wind up surely....

There are definitely flaws in his game I'll give you that. But I'd suggest asking mates who don't watch the championship week in week out about a 'keeper in the championship isn't the most sensible thing to do to get a credible answer.

The facts are he was voted by his peers as the best goalkeeper in this division, which is a very big honour indeed. Not only this, but I think he was chosen by the fans as our second best player this season? This was behind Morgan, who also got in team of the year and has been an outstanding player for us.

He is still young. His shot stopping is very good. Sure, he can work on dealing with crosses and commanding his area, but that seems to be the flaw in most goalkeepers' games at the moment!

All the stats seem to reiterate why he is rated...

I'm not going to get upset if he goes to be honest.

Basically, if he doesn't want to be here, he can go.  It will make a mockery of all the tantrums, clapping and badge kissing, but then I always wondered whether it was all for show anyway.  It will annoy me if he goes to Hull, as I don't think we should deal with them.  If he goes he goes.

So long as we get a suitable replacement.  Same goes for all the players.

May have been seen by others but this site states that Real Madrid want Kasper. 

http://www.footballtransferleague.co.uk/football_player.aspx?football_player=Kasper+Schmeichel

Give Schmeichel an improved contract, Nigel, we've got a keeper that OTHER massive clubs are tracking.  :scarf::fc:

Player swap for Iker Casillas... :thumbup:

Basically, if he doesn't want to be here, he can go.  It will make a mockery of all the tantrums, clapping and badge kissing, but then I always wondered whether it was all for show anyway.  It will annoy me if he goes to Hull, as I don't think we should deal with them.  If he goes he goes.

This is a ridiculous post. He clearly like being at Leicester City. However players only have 1 football career and good ambitious players will always be looking to test themselves at the highest level. If Kasper feels Leicester will not get any higher for a considerable amount of time that's his prerogative. Whilst he has been here no one can deny his commitment and some fantastic performances. Kasper is easily worth the same as a 10-goal a season striker.

Dear oh dear get over it players any player wants to play at the highest level. That is the premiership I will be sad to see him go but good luck to him wherever he ends up.

Couldn't give a toss if it was for show. He's not a fan of us, he's a player and gives his all while he's here. That's all you can ask for. Maybe he just cares a lot about the club he is at? I've seen no badge-kissing or statements to say he'll be here for life.

Couldn't give a toss if it was for show. He's not a fan of us, he's a player and gives his all while he's here. That's all you can ask for. Maybe he just cares a lot about the club he is at? I've seen no badge-kissing or statements to say he'll be here for life.

I agree, Its understandable him wanting a shot at the highest level

We should return the favour and not deal with Hull at all - clearly a silly offer (FFP to consider) would am sure be considered by the owners.

I'd hope he stays but wouldnt be distraught if he left :)

Archived