Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
corbyfox1884

The Golden Rule of Penalty Taking

putting to one side for a minute the issue if whether it was a pen or not , everyone knows it is never a good idea to let the fouled player take the penalty . There were 10 other players on that pitch wearing blue shirts who should have had the balls to tell Knocky you aint taking it .

Surely Nige was blowing a gasket when he saw who was stepping up to take it - a ridiculous decision !!

Arent these things discussed in training as to who will take pens ?

where was Gally when we needed him the most ?

This wasnt a leicester pen , it was an own goal of the highest order to let that happen .. quite frankly I am scarred for life and cant cope any more ....I've always had a soft spot for the Tigers come to think of it ..

putting to one side for a minute the issue if whether it was a pen or not , everyone knows it is never a good idea to let the fouled player take the penalty . There were 10 other players on that pitch wearing blue shirts who should have had the balls to tell Knocky you aint taking it .

Surely Nige was blowing a gasket when he saw who was stepping up to take it - a ridiculous decision !!

Arent these things discussed in training as to who will take pens ?

where was Gally when we needed him the most ?

This wasnt a leicester pen , it was an own goal of the highest order to let that happen .. quite frankly I am scarred for life and cant cope any more ....I've always had a soft spot for the Tigers come to think of it ..

Yeah Gally you twat - where were you? Oh yeah, not in the matchday squad.

Agree with you about the fouled player not taking the pen though - especially if deep down he knew he'd played for it.

If you kick it straight, make sure you get some height on it. Low and straight is the onlyplace guaranteed to be covered by the keeper.

Disagree with that personally. Seen far more pens blasted over the bar than saved by keepers standing still or with their feet, I reckon.

It was a pathetic penalty and a poor follow up. I wonder if he only took it because no-one challenged him. Someone senior like King or Nugent should have been forcefully removing the ball from his arms but no, they let the young lad take all the pressure on his own shoulders.

I really thought he was going to score, don't actually believe what happened after. As it was happening I thought oh no Doncaster. it was as if everyone including our boys colluded to make a super dramatic finale as if they'd decided the game wasn't going to go extra time.

I know this isn't the case of course just needed to get that out.

With one sub left, I would have brought Marshall on, seriously. Knows how to score penalties, if he scores we've done it and if he misses then that's football, we continue not being able to make another sub.

In terms of what happened, nobody said anything to Knockaert. Disappointed me slightly. Knockaert obviously wanted it, he took the ball of of King. He made a mistake and missed, but should learn from this experience... In fact, all the team should learn from this; play better next season to win the league and avoid all of this 'drama'!

Tbh I'm pretty sure after Knocky picked up the ball I caught a glimpse of Kane pushing the ball into Knockys chest... as if to encourage the decision to take it.  Doesn't matter in any case... wouldn't have had two more games if it wasn't for him.  Gutting day, but the lad has suffered too.

Gutted. I was sitting with my mate and we both knew he would miss. All in the body language. Someone else should have stepped up.

That said, anyone can miss and he will learn a lot from that. Total respect for him as it takes a real man to apologise to the fans the way he did at the end of the game!....

Archived