Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Wes Morgan to Cardiff?

Sorry to say this, but it looks like a case of Rats leaving a sinking ship under the current management team.

I've said before WM won't be at Leic next season.

Just wait for all the so called experts on here to start saying he's rubbish now.

Pathetic morons

A little quick on the old trigger there, sir.

Its just a newspaper rumour.. no evidence to suggest this is true... no transfer request.. Nothing....

To Call big Wes a Pathetic moron on the basis of no evidence is more than a little harsh..

Sorry to say this, but it looks like a case of Rats leaving a sinking ship under the current management team.

I've said before WM won't be at Leic next season.

Just wait for all the so called experts on here to start saying he's rubbish now.

Pathetic morons

I bet it's Pearson's fault that players played so well that other teams want them, the bastard!

As good as Morgan has been, it is stupid to think we will be nowhere near promotion should we sell.

Really? I don't think we're within much of a promotion shout anyway, even with Morgan. Getting rid of the guy who has clearly been our best player this season would be a nightmare.

He'd be a big miss (you only have to look how we played away at Barnsley without him) but everyone's replaceable at Championship level.

Hobbs and Brown got us into the play-offs who on their own are not all that. Just have to get 2 center-backs who complement each other - which isn't impossible - so if he goes it won't be the end of the world like some people think it might. But I hope he stays.

Really? I don't think we're within much of a promotion shout anyway, even with Morgan. Getting rid of the guy who has clearly been our best player this season would be a nightmare.

If we don't go up it will be because we've not replaced Morgan well enough, not because we've sold him. There are players who could do a similar job to what Morgan has done.

We need to keep Morgan and add a good,experienced CB to partner him.

Whitbread may be useful if fit,he needs a full pre-season.He played less than a third of games last season but still accumulated the same number of cards as Wes.

SSL played well for a short spell early season but was then out injured.It is possible one may stay fit enough to form a solid CB pair with Wes but I am not convinced.

They are more likely to be squad players/back-up.

The defence needs serious attention.For a team that was defensively strong early season and had Morgan at it's heart all season what went wrong?

The rot set in at Peterboro away, goals conceded with our defence chasing shadows,then Charlton at home,gifting the first goal, and it continued,goals too easily conceded right up to Watford at home,allowing the ball to bounce several times in our 6 yd.box before conceding.

We need to keep Morgan and add a good,experienced CB to partner him.

Whitbread may be useful if fit,he needs a full pre-season.He played less than a third of games last season but still accumulated the same number of cards as Wes.

SSL played well for a short spell early season but was then out injured.It is possible one may stay fit enough to form a solid CB pair with Wes but I am not convinced.

They are more likely to be squad players/back-up.

The defence needs serious attention.For a team that was defensively strong early season and had Morgan at it's heart all season what went wrong?

The rot set in at Peterboro away, goals conceded with our defence chasing shadows,then Charlton at home,gifting the first goal, and it continued,goals too easily conceded right up to Watford at home,allowing the ball to bounce several times in our 6 yd.box before conceding.

Set pieces we're a big problem for us all season that was our weak link that dropped us a lot of points.

Morgan us crucial to any defensive plans we have!

We won't get a better defender for as cheap as we did Morgan!

As others have said, this is the championship, no one is irreplaceable.

As for Cardiff not being able to pay him what he's on here? Their squad doesn't play for free you know.

He's so crucial to our plans, we have never been in the playoffs until he came here!

:ph34r:

I don't however support the notion that getting rid of our best players is a good plan. But that doesn't mean he is irreplacable

This would be a major step back for our squad his quality is NOT easily replaceable, there aren't a lot if players like Wes around.

This.

He is as good a centre half as you will find in the Championship and our captain. We'd have been no way near the top 6 without him IMO and if we can help it we shouldn't even consider selling him.

For me he's the one in the squad i'd want to keep hold of most.

If the money is right and we have a good replacement lined up then as much as I rate him I think we could cope, beside's it's not like we will have a say he will decide his own future right?

Did you see the game that Wes was suspended for? with Zak and Keane at the back? it'd have to be a very able replacement!!! we would miss him more than you think i'm afraid...

Obviously Sean St Ledger, the regular for ROI isn't experienced enough to play for us.

Of course he is, and IMO he's one of two starting centre backs at the club at this moment in time along with Morgan. 

We would miss Morgan more than any other defender and probably any other player were he to leave though.

Obviously Sean St Ledger, the regular for ROI isn't experienced enough to play for us.

Provided he stays fit he is.

We have a small squad,6 defenders to cover 4 starting & 1 on bench.

We do need an addition or two.

Archived