Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Wes Morgan to Cardiff?

Yes of course, but Ireland are decent, so to get 33 caps for them is decent going.

Average at Preston really?

A couple of games for us, back end of 11/12 season he was our most improved player probably along with Drinkwater, start of the 12/13 season he performed a good partnership with Wes, far better partnership than we saw with Wes/Whitbread and Wes/Keane. We conceded 3 goals in 6 games with St Ledger partnering Wes, one game was against his former side Middlesbrough, and if I rightly remember the fans who went that game, gave him MOTM on this forum.

Ireland are better than average.

Yes average at Preston and yes Ireland are below average.

Most improved according to whom? When did we do a poll about this.

4 in 6... Same as other times when he wasn't playing.

Yes average at Preston and yes Ireland are below average.

Most improved according to whom? When did we do a poll about this.

4 in 6... Same as other times when he wasn't playing.

Preston fans rated him, and many wouldn't mind him back. Ireland are not below average, not so long ago they were in and around the 25 ranking mark in the Fifa rankings, below average are teams ranked about 50 in my opinion.

According to me, hence why it's my opinion. In my opinion his performances improved in the second half of the 11/12 season.

3 in 6, conceded goals against Burnley, Hull and Middlesbrough, clean sheets against Blackpool, Huddersfield and Bristol City. Then he got injured.

Zak Whitbread made many mistakes when he came in and replaced St Ledger, then Keane started well but since we went on that awful run when we lost against Peterborough, what was our defensive partnership for every game from that P'Boro game to the end of the season, oh yeah Wes Morgan and Michael Keane, Keane might of put in some good performances for us, but we conceded a lot of goals with him in the team. Over the course of that run, the likes of Chris O'Grady, David N'Gog, Troy Deeney were all over Keane like a flash, and dominated him. 

Seems you are shying away from the fact St Ledger and Morgan looked good together.

I actually think that SSL has been ok this season. I'm going to sit in between Kingfox and the rest of this forum and state that he isn't awful but he isn't a world beater either.  His play hasn't been that bad, he can pass it from the back, decent in the air and not the quickest but he has not too bad positioning.  I'd keep him but not sure he is my first pick.  

Not as good as Keane though.  Keane just needs to bulk up a little (not in a SSL or Rooney way).

As for Morgan - hope he doesn't go!

I actually think that SSL has been ok this season. I'm going to sit in between Kingfox and the rest of this forum and state that he isn't awful but he isn't a world beater either. His play hasn't been that bad, he can pass it from the back, decent in the air and not the quickest but he has not too bad positioning. I'd keep him but not sure he is my first pick.

Not as good as Keane though. Keane just needs to bulk up a little (not in a SSL or Rooney way).

As for Morgan - hope he doesn't go!

Spot on

And I'd add with the need to cut players wages due to ffp then players like ssl will be prime to leave. You build your squad around players like wes ...

I think SSL is a decent player but I'd imagine he's on outstanding wages for a player in this division but is not an outstanding CB and for that reason we should def try and get him off the wage bill.

Preston fans rated him, and many wouldn't mind him back.

Many fans of a bottom-half League One club 'wouldn't mind' having Sean St. Ledger back, well you've convinced me that the lad's the messiah.

"It's more important for us to prove that we are right for believing what we believe, than ever it is to discover the truth"   TrentFox, 2013

Did you actually write that? Well done if so, perfectly sums up many arguments on here.

Once a point has been made you often feel the need to stick to it, the shame of backing down leads to a great deal of stubbornness.

Preston fans rated him, and many wouldn't mind him back. Ireland are not below average, not so long ago they were in and around the 25 ranking mark in the Fifa rankings, below average are teams ranked about 50 in my opinion.

According to me, hence why it's my opinion. In my opinion his performances improved in the second half of the 11/12 season.

3 in 6, conceded goals against Burnley, Hull and Middlesbrough, clean sheets against Blackpool, Huddersfield and Bristol City. Then he got injured.

Zak Whitbread made many mistakes when he came in and replaced St Ledger, then Keane started well but since we went on that awful run when we lost against Peterborough, what was our defensive partnership for every game from that P'Boro game to the end of the season, oh yeah Wes Morgan and Michael Keane, Keane might of put in some good performances for us, but we conceded a lot of goals with him in the team. Over the course of that run, the likes of Chris O'Grady, David N'Gog, Troy Deeney were all over Keane like a flash, and dominated him. 

Seems you are shying away from the fact St Ledger and Morgan looked good together.

ROI are very very average. they are currently ranked 39 in the world rankings.... Below such teams as Panama, Algeria, Peru and Japan. To claim they are above average right now is a joke.

You seem to be picking out random games here, they weren't even the run of games we had. Perhaps you should add in the 4 he conceded against Burton.

I'm not shying away from anything, he's average. How you dare slate players like De Laet and shove your tongue up St Ledgers arse is laughable.

The ROI looked like what they were at Euro 2012, a mediocre side largely cobbled together with Premier League fringe players and mid-table Championship plodders. 

They're no great shakes.

Many fans of a bottom-half League One club 'wouldn't mind' having Sean St. Ledger back, well you've convinced me that the lad's the messiah.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

ROI are very very average. they are currently ranked 39 in the world rankings.... Below such teams as Panama, Algeria, Peru and Japan. To claim they are above average right now is a joke.

Colombia are above England, Italy, Holland, Brazil and France.

Ecuador are above France and Brazil.

You seem to be picking out random games here, they weren't even the run of games we had. Perhaps you should add in the 4 he conceded against Burton.

I'm not shying away from anything, he's average. How you dare slate players like De Laet and shove your tongue up St Ledgers arse is laughable.

Random games, that's how the games went until St Ledger got injured, forget the cup I was on about League games which actually mattered more than the League Cup.

St Ledger in the spell I mentioned just missed the game against Wolves, in which he was on the bench, all the other games he started and we conceded just 3 goals in those 6 games. 

Archived