Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spudulike

Cov to move in ?

I don't like the idea of groundsharing with them; and I'm sure their fans aren't overly fond either.

They won't be able to afford the rent that we would have to charge them. Like others in this thread have said, if they can't pay the rent to their own council; what makes you think that they would be straightforward with us? It means more wear on our pitch. More fixture changes and clashes. Not just issues stewarding the ground, but policing in the city. More congestion in and around the city (and that's already an issue). And you know those morons would do their upmost to trash our ground.

I simply can't see any gains what-so-ever for us. And that's what the club has to base it's decision on. Our best interests have to be a priority; and having that bunch in our ground? No thank you.

I see where you are coming from and don't dissagree. Is it worth the extra income ? I hope not.

I'm not having some random inbred cov cvnt sitting in my seat.

You would be very unlucky if that happened they cant get 10 thou at home. So in the KP after away fans they got 30k seats between 100 who will travel. the lotto is better odds than your seat being taken lol lol lol

I see where you are coming from and don't dissagree. Is it worth the extra income ? I hope not.

I hope it's just lazy journalism. The negatives highly outweigh the positives for us. In fact, I can see no positives at all. It would cause too many complications. and with a very high chance of trouble from 6,000+ Coventry fans in Leicester, it can't be worth the aggravation? Like many others have said, I can't see it happening; I don't think any club has the appetite or the funds to take them on.

Should go to Nene Park Rushden Diamonds old ground. Suitable for that level of football and because Rushden were liquidated theres no tennents there meaning no ground share. Clubs shouldn't ground share in my view. Plus it aint too far away.

post-13572-0-81687800-1370691114_thumb.j

Should go to Nene Park Rushden Diamonds old ground. Suitable for that level of football and because Rushden were liquidated theres no tennents there meaning no ground share. Clubs shouldn't ground share in my view. Plus it aint too far away.

I did have that idea as well, but for there sake I don't think it's a good idea as the ground has a jinx on it and a outstanding electric bill. Also the main one is no rail link which I would have felt would have made it much less appealing. But I would accept this could be the third opition unless Brum Ctiy want to get into the act. I can not see any other West Midlands clubs wanting to get involed and I would presume that Cov want to use a club with every thing in place.

Have Kettering town left or been kicked out of the nene then ?

You're thinking money money money all the time Babs. Important though it is, I simply can't conceive of Cov Scum playing at the home of Leicester City. Has football become so money bound that it treads on history, tradition and rivalry for the sake of 500k!?

If so, I despair and it would be another reason, to me, why I'm falling out of love with the club.

Am I really, oh well thanks for letting me know.

I don't give a shit about Coventry, if them playing there didn't wreck the pitch and didn't alter when our games were I wouldn't care less.

Yeah, they've left. That ground should be knocked down.

Nene Park is cursed so yes they should move in lol, Kettering are now ground sharing with Corby now i believe. Is Nene Park big enough it only can hold 6,000. 

Like is said about butts park all they have to do is bung a couple of tempo stands to up the capacity at least then the club is still playing within the city. 

Am I really, oh well thanks for letting me know.

I don't give a shit about Coventry, if them playing there didn't wreck the pitch and didn't alter when our games were I wouldn't care less.

Well it's better than endless posts from ITK's about signings and who will replace Pearson

No way would they be allowed to ground share with teams in higher leagues.

Will be Hinckley, Walsall ect

Why not, the Milan clubs ground share and was also talk about liverpool and Everton if they built the new stadium.

It wouldn't bother me one bit if we did ground share. It's football so it isn't going to knackermthe pitch up like the rugby does. Plus extra income for the club giving us abit more to spend and still meet the FFP regs

Archived