Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spudulike

Cov to move in ?

If Leicester are one of the three ,who could be the other two clubs realistically?

St Andrews would be my guess and Walsall.

All this football fan rivalry aside I wouldn't wish this on anyone, it can't be nice knowing if you're even going to have a team to support next season or a ground to go to.

These were the last FA cup winners from the midlands as a Cov fan always used to tell me!

This could happen to any club in today's climate, scary really.

Like they did with their rent to the owners of the Ricoh?

Can they be trusted? Will they take us for a ride?

Well that has nothing to do with that I was saying... but I doubt they would fancy going into admin again for not paying rent.

Everything else could and probably would be invoiced direct from the parties involved. eg Policing.

Please don't let this happen! Why can't they just groundshare with Coventry Rugby Club.

I actually don't know why they don't consider that.

I think Butts Park has both Cov RFC and Cov Bears playing there which might be the issue but in terms of capacity it's about the same as the Green King. It's also much newer, only opened about ten years ago (if that) and it's literally in Cov. 

I actually think most of their fans would prefer that, to be honest. They'd sell out, generate a bit of noise in it and it's only a temporary measure.

As far as I'm concerned Cov scum can simply fook off!

This is Leicester's ground. I hate the concept of ground sharing and always have.

Coventry shafted themselves. Now it's their job to put their own house in order.

To have Sky Blue playing at the KP!

Whatever next!

:angry:

As far as I'm concerned Cov scum can simply fook off!

This is Leicester's ground. I hate the concept of ground sharing and always have.

Coventry shafted themselves. Now it's their job to put their own house in order.

To have Sky Blue playing at the KP!

Whatever next!

:angry:

In times of FFP the club could well accept something like this. 500k a year or whatever it is will pay a good players wages each year.

not being funny i used to hate cov, there shithole place, crap fans, used to look forward to beating them everyseason was the game i was up for.

now though, it is very sad to see what has happened to them, id never want a football club to end like they have, every bad times for them.

i know there cheap and tacky and the "lets make some noise in the tesco stand" is embarassing for them but the cov people need there hometown club.

modeern day football- getting killed by the money.

In times of FFP the club could well accept something like this. 500k a year or whatever it is will pay a good players wages each year.

You're thinking money money money all the time Babs. Important though it is, I simply can't conceive of Cov Scum playing at the home of Leicester City. Has football become so money bound that it treads on history, tradition and rivalry for the sake of 500k!?

If so, I despair and it would be another reason, to me, why I'm falling out of love with the club.

I think any objections to them using our ground for a while are a bit childish. Wouldn't we want to be helped out if we needed it? I seem to remember us sharing Forest's ground while the Carling stand was being built at Filbo. Do you really want to be seen as less noble, hospitable and helpful as them?

That was a one off play-off game, not really a ground share.

As for Cov, if it was the case of their stadium having burnt down and they needed help and we were able to help them I would have no problem with that, rivalries stay on the pitch for me. 

But seeing as they have got a perfectly good ground in the middle of Coventry purpose built for football, they should be playing there not anywhere else and they should be working together with Coventry Council, the Football League and their own fans to find a solution and we (or any other club) shouldn't be giving them an easy way out to line our own pockets.

The Ricoh will sit there unused in the middle of the city and Coventry fans will dwindle as they have to travel to rival cities and be charged £30 each to fill a 10th of a stadium that is way to big for them and pretty soulless at the best of times.

They know their fans wouldn't stand for groundsharing with Leicester of all clubs.

The police would never sanction it either given how it kicked off the last time Coventry came to Leicester.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qvv6xUOuz7M

I expect the favourites are Walsall, Hinckley or Coventry rugby club though the latter two will need temporary stands to hit 6,000.

Ditto and MK Dons

Not a bad shout on the latter.

Before Tottenham got their shit together, I'm sure they were happy to let Tottenham pay to put seats in the upper tier and groundshare for a year or two while White Hart Lane was redeveloped.

The ground has decent transport links, is modern and there is no animosity between Coventry and Franchise.

I don't like the idea of groundsharing with them; and I'm sure their fans aren't overly fond either.

They won't be able to afford the rent that we would have to charge them. Like others in this thread have said, if they can't pay the rent to their own council; what makes you think that they would be straightforward with us? It means more wear on our pitch. More fixture changes and clashes. Not just issues stewarding the ground, but policing in the city. More congestion in and around the city (and that's already an issue). And you know those morons would do their upmost to trash our ground.

I simply can't see any gains what-so-ever for us. And that's what the club has to base it's decision on. Our best interests have to be a priority; and having that bunch in our ground? No thank you.

Archived