Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jimmeh

Stadium Name

Say the owners sign a contract for King Power to be the stadium name for the next 20 years at a relatively low cost. And then they **** off next year. Then surely we will be stuck with the name? I know they had to pay walkers to get them to agree to an early release of contract. Can see it happening!

The Walkers deal expired which is when the name changed to King Power. The initial deal was only 3 years for King Power too.

Also, surely there's more important things to worry about?!

Silly season has a name for a reason :D.

If the stadium name doesn't work, let's just blame Sven. 

If we had an official Stadium name to begin with (St James' Park etc) I'd probably be a bit hurt that it was sold off.

But as it has had 2 corporate sponsorships anyway I couldn't care less what its called.

Wasn't Filbert Street actually called The City Stadium or something like that?

Say the owners sign a contract for King Power to be the stadium name for the next 20 years at a relatively low cost. And then they **** off next year. Then surely we will be stuck with the name?

Wouldn't put it past them. It's all about business these days.

For them to 'fook' off they'd need to sell the club lock, stock and barrel. Anyone buying it from them would be stupid to not include the naming rights. Walkers was a separate stand alone contract whereas I'd imagine KP is wrapped up in the whole KP ownership.

The owners paid their money to buy the club and the rights to name the ground. They have been nothing but good for the football club, improving the club as a whole massively. People should get off their backs and some of the changes they've made makes it seem they might be here for the long run and not for the hit and run many people are assuming

The Walkers deal expired which is when the name changed to King Power. The initial deal was only 3 years for King Power too.

Also, surely there's more important things to worry about?!

Walkers were brought out of the contract, wasn't a lot of money though to be honest..

Yeah, you're right. Forgot that the deal was extended from the initial 10 years.

First thing Milan done when taking over us, I think Walkers only sponsored us around £3m for the 10 Years....

First thing Milan done when taking over us, I think Walkers only sponsored us around £3m for the 10 Years....

The great club tome Fossils & Foxes says it was £1.5m and the deal was extended to 2017 in May 2007, not sure what the payment rate was for the extension.

The

The great club tome Fossils & Foxes says it was £1.5m and the deal was extended to 2017 in May 2007, not sure what the payment rate was for the extension.

£3m was the extension I believe.

Archived