Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RumbleFox

Karl Henry

From what I can gather, Karl Henry is an alternative to James Perch. Speaking to a NUFC fan, he says Perch's best position is DM, likewise with Karl Henry. Can definitely see that NP has identified that we need a DM in there. Will be one or the other imo.

It was a fair point though?

Yeah but based on the fact that the only videos of him on YouTube are either him fvcking up or tackling badly, red cards etc what else could I have posted? Of course I would've posted his highlights like I usually do if I can.

If I'd have made a comment above the video stating something along the lines of: "look at how shite he is, really don't rate him" alongside the clip I posted then the comment would've had added validity, but I didn't...

We need a tackling midfielder, which he is... But someone like Diagoura, Bilgriamana, Trotter, even Bailey would have the ability to break down and THEN distribute. I wouldn't be completely abject to his signing, of course I'd encourage anyone in the shirt, but it's worrying when you've got Wolves fans cheering his substitution and saying they'll 'drive him to Leicester' upon word of his possible transfer.

You're entitled to your opinion obviously but for me he's a solid signing. Put him alongside Kingy and James in a 3 man midfield and he would be of massive use to the team allowing them to be more creative. He's no world beater but we need a strong presence at times in midfield and that is what we were lacking last season. 

I've always liked the look of him playing for Wolves, if they had stayed up last season nobody would be saying he's shite. He played in the Prem with them and also won promotion with them aswell and if i remember right, he were linked with premier teams during the promotion winning season aswell?

He might not be the guy to get us promoted but he is the guy to chuck in at Millwall/Leeds/Birmingham away when we need to front up, something that everyone has acknowledged we lacked last season.

Agreed. A lot of people have been calling out for a tough tackler in the middle for a while (me included). Games like Millwall/Leeds etc. where we get outmuscled in the middle I think he'd be perfect for. Put the foot in, win the ball and give to James/King to let them work their magic. Plus our team's too nice at the moment. It'd be quite good to have a w@nker in the middle who other teams hate. :ph34r:

If he did come, it may well be that he plays a lot more away from home than at the KP. As others have said he'd probably disrupt our passing game but that was much less effective away from home when we often involved in a scrap (which we often lost). Maybe KH is the man to bring into a situation like that when you 're fighting for a point?

He is the man that sits in front of your back four, refusing to let and tom, dick and harry pass.

I'm not buying all this about him 'disrupting' our passing play though, cannot be that bad considering the fact wolves have never replace him. In fact, it would probably give  the full backs more licence to get forward, which would not be a bad thing

Surely you only need a tough tackler if you can't keep the ball well enough ? Don't think I've seen enough of him to pass comment as to whether he can / can't do that, but I hope whoever comes in to play the hardman can play a bit as well !

Surely you only need a tough tackler if you can't keep the ball well enough ? Don't think I've seen enough of him to pass comment as to whether he can / can't do that, but I hope whoever comes in to play the hardman can play a bit as well !

That is what we're hideous at away from home, keeping hold of the ball.

Though they also reckon Kermorgant is going to Fulham for £3m! So, pinch of salt.....

lol

Somewhere, acooling has disappeared up his own rectum in an incredible "I-was-right" jizz-fest.

Anyway - no thanks. Utter thug and a crap player. If we must sign a "hard-man" let's at least sign one who can tackle.

Henry isn't a thug at all, absolutely 100% not. He's just a crap tackler. It's not his game at all and he looks clumsy 99% of the time he tries. He's more of a chaser and harrier. I can only think of 3 or 4 really bad tackles that deserved red cards since he's been at the club. He got the label of hardman/thug after he targeted Joey Barton in our game against Newcastle a few seasons ago and MOTD went to town on him. He went into his shell after that and it affected his game.

It's true that he's not a good footballer. His passing is cumbersome and he often slows attacks down as he's unsure what to do with it when he gets the ball. Occasionally a cross-field pass will come off. My main gripe personally is his positioning. I've lost count of the amount of times he finds himself too far forward in the oppositions half, and when they break quickly he's struggling to get back and make a challenge leaving their midfielders a free run to our box. For a DM that's unforgiveable in my eyes. He won't be someone that sits and breaks up play on a regular basis. He does do it but not often enough.

If he goes to Leicester then maybe the change of scenery will do him good as he's gone stale at Wolves. We signed him for £100k from Stoke so we've definitely had our moneys worth out of him!

That is what we're hideous at away from home, keeping hold of the ball.

But how does putting someone in the team who, (allegedly), isn't a 'passer' help with that ? Isn't it a bit like the golfers who get their worst ball out of their bag before they paly the shot over the water-hazard ?

But how does putting someone in the team who, (allegedly), isn't a 'passer' help with that ? Isn't it a bit like the golfers who get their worst ball out of their bag before they paly the shot over the water-hazard ?

Because it means we win it back quicker?

Away from home we struggle to keep the ball because we are 'bullied' not technically inferior.

Archived