Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Swarles Barkley

Your favourite...

Favourite LCFC moment:

Knockheart vs Forest. The first time I've cried at a football match, and they were tears of joy. (The second time was just a few weeks after...)

Favourite non-LCFC moment:

Although AGUEERROOOOOOO was pretty fantastic, I feel I should post something that hasn't been said yet. Beckham's free kick vs Greece. Spectacular.

Favourite non-football moment:

I'll echo with Wilko's drop goal. London 2012 as a whole was quality though- Mo Farah's double gold's the stand out. Looking forward to the Wimbledon final though

Leicester:

5-0 Cambridge, the start of a fantastic era.

Non Leicester:

5-1 against germany, i was in belgium for the grand prix, brilliant night. Arsenal snatching the title from Liverpool with the last kick of the season at anfield.

Non football:

Mo Farrah, Jessica Ennis London 2012. So proud, and to hear the Olympic stadium belting out the national anthem with foreigners commenting how it moved them, later on holiday in france seeing French kids wearing clothes with the Union Flag on really showed what a positive force the Olympics was for us.

Leicester: Has to be Claridge vs Palace.

Non Leicester: Man U 1999 Champs League or 5-1 over Germany.

Non Football: There are so many, but one that stands out for me and hasn't been mentioned yet was Darren Clarke playing in the 2006 Ryder Cup after his wife had died a few weeks before and inspiring Europe to the win.

Probably be completely different if I picked them again tomoz, but:-

Favourite leicester city moment

Leicester beating Cambridge 5-0 in the playoffs.

Favourite (non leicester related) football moment

Beating Spain on penalties - quarter final Euro 96 - Imagine that?

Favourite (non football) sport moment

Mo Farah’s back to back golds.

City Moment: Walsh's winner at Wembley '94.

Football moment: Man City winning the league the other year. Or England beating Germany 5-1.

Non Football moment: County winning the super over at the t20 final a couple of years back.

That free kick against Florist. A great birthday present/ 1997  replay. Oh Clarridge.You sexy beast.

Man City's last minute winner against QPR. Room full of United fan's. I have never laughed so hard.

Maybe Tiger's winning the Prem this season? The 'Super Saturday/Sunday' in the Olympics were pretty special too.

Favourite Leicester City Moment:

Witnessed - Scunthorpe 2009, Leeds 2009 & Bristol City Feb 2011.

Not Witnessed, Based On Reaction - Forest 2-3 Knockeart.

Favourite Non-Leicester City Related Football Moment:

Iraq 1-0 Saudi Arabia 2007 Asian Final. Went absolutely ballistic.

Sweden 2-3 England in Euro 2012. After watching many years of disbelief, that was some performance from England, made me believe they could go all the way.

Chelsea's Champions League run in 2012.

...and Tahiti's goal vs Nigeria :D

Favourite Non-Football Related Moment:

Andy Murray's run in 2012. Wimbledon Finalist, Olympic Gold Medalist, US Open Winner. Great turnaround. And the crazy events of this season. Oh, and Rosol vs Nadal last year...

Favourite Leicester moment:

Only great moment I've been there for really, was Howard's goal against Leeds

Favourite non-Leicester football moment:

Sergio Aguero's winner v QPR. Not that I'm that keen on City, but ending 40-however many years of hurt and taking it away from United. Never seen anything like it.

Favourite non-football sporting moment:

Chris Harris winning the 2007 British SGP or MVG throwing 17 perfect darts in a row.

Favourite Leicester City Moment: Knockaert v Forest. Sheer disbelief, never thought we'd be in the POs from the 1st minute and then.... we were.

Favourite (Non Leicester Related) Football Moment: Andre Gray v York in the first minute the BSQP play off final. Went mad.

Favourite (Non Football) Sport Moment: Really enjoyed the Federer v Nadal final at Wimbledon a few years ago

My mate had gray fgs and York to win 2-1 and won about 300 quid on that. Cracking day that was, apart from some twat Luton fans chucking beer cans at us our their car. Still that is to be expected from Luton.

Fav Leicester moment

Wortho Cup win vs Tranmere. 

Fav non Leicester football moment

Becks vs Greece. Only one mention so far!! What are you lot smoking. That is one of the best moments of my youth, let alone sporting moments. Becks vs Argentina is just behind. 5-1 even Heskey scored deserves a mention. Away from England Owen's double in the last few minutes against Arsenal in the '01 FA Cup final was sick. 

Fav sporting moment

JONNY WILKINSON, HE'S DONE IT!!

Flintoff's run out in the last test of the '09 Ashes. 

AP finally winning the National 

Usain Bolt's 08 Olympics 100m walk. 

Djoko winning Wimbledon

Murray finally doing it in the US Open.

The Lions just this morning! 

There's too many superb ones. A few boxing bouts, a load of darts games and moments too. The classic Barney/Taylor, the Lewis 9-darter in the World final, The MvG 17 perfect darts etc. Loads of horse races too. I fúcking love sport. 

Knockaert vs forest

Man city winning the PL auegro goal

Haye winning the heavyweight title or team GB's London 2012 track cycling domination

Another vote for Hamilton 08. I was living in Italy at the time and watching it with 3 keen Ferrari fans. To echo a couple of posters above, I went absolutely ape-shit.

Favourite city moment - Forest away this season or maybe the Spurs FA Cup game.

Non-city football moment - Watching Dinamo Zagreb beat Hajduk 3-0 in 2007, hat-trick of goals from Eduardo and hat-trick of asists from Modric.

Fav Leicester moment;

Steve Claridge Scoring with virtually the last kick in play-off fian v Palace.

Fav Non-City Footie moment;

Wimbeldon ('The Proper Dons') beatinng Liverpool i the FA Cup final.

Fav Sporting moment;

Receiving league champions trophy & medal from Gary Lineker 1983.

Also Red Rum winning 3rd Grand National.Never to be seen again.

LCFC - Knockaert v Forest

Non LCFC - Agguueerrrrooooooooo

Sport - Johnny Wilkinson drop goal v Aussies, Jefferson hitting that huge 6 v Lancs in T20 Semi Final 2011, I've got a few here to be honest.

• 2 weeks later...

Leicester Moments:

3. The moment King scored in Cardiff 09/10.

2. The moment Knockeart scored 12/13(I only heard it on SSN but still had to be there).

1. Beating Brighton for promotion in 02/03. Great feeling and was the first season I followed constantly.

Football Moments:

3. Steven Gerrard's 90th minute rocket in the FA cup final. Like mentioned, hes also my favourite player of all time and it was 1 of numerous outstanding 'superhuman' like performances. Its the biggest travesty in football that he doesnt have a EPL medal.

2. Micheal Owen 1-0 Vs Brazil 02. I remember going absolutely mental...We had battered Denmark, looked a really good team then took the lead against the clear best team left in the competition. I really thought we had a great chance of the World cup that year. Mentioning him again but I really feel had we had Stevie G that World Cup we would of won it..England have produced TWO players IMO that are of top international quality - Gerrard and Scholes. Unfortunatly these 2 never played together in a WC.

1. There is simply just ONE. For the the fact it was Liverpool and Stevie G, the fact it was a CL final, defending for our lives, Carra/Hyypia at their best, Stevie at Rb, Hamann rolling back the years, Smicer's farewell contribution, Rafa's tactical genious. 3-0 down, passion to comeback to 3-3..even then the drama of Shevchenko nearly ruining everything before a wonderful point blank save(still dont know how the ball went vertically up and stay out by Dudek, unbelievable)..then the pens and the celebrations, I was literally shaking after that night! There can only be 1 winner - ISTANBUL 05.

Sport Moments: - I dont watch many other sports passionatly like football but have some moments:

3. Ashes 2005 - Gotta admit I cant stand Cricket. However for some reason this got me glued..Especially remember Geriant Jones catch to win one of the tests.

2. 2003 Rugby World Cup final. Was quite young and not really interested, but was made to watch it by my dad and even I got excited when old Johnny W converted!

1. Nadal/Federer 2008 Final at Wimbledon. Just brilliant fight by both guys..a classic heavyweight clash, both on top form.

Best leicester.

So many under o'neill but my favourite being the 5-0 destruction of Cambridge united in the play off semi at filbo under little.

Best footie

Beckams equaliser against Greece.

Non footie

Last years epic ryder cup win, poulter single handedly serving it up to the septic tanks. CLASSIC.

Archived