Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Swarles Barkley

Your favourite...

Right a bit bored so going to start a favourite thread, apologies if a thread like this has been created before.

So what is everyones

Favourite leicester city moment

Favourite (non leicester related) football moment

Favourite (non football) sport moment

(dont know if this is the right place to put the topic but seeing how it involves leicester i put it here)

Ill start us off

Favourite leicester moment

For me its got to be forest leicester this season. The occasion along with "the local rivalry" and what was at stake made it perfect

Liverpool- ac milan champions league final. Probably the greatest game i have ever seen live

Favourite sport moment

England winning the ashes in 2005. Probably the greatest ashes in a long time and first time i really watched cricket

My first promotion back in 2002/03. Went to some great games, especially Grimsby Town away  :trumpet:

Liverpool's FA Cup final win against West Ham - Gerrard's my favourite player and he totally dominated the FA Cup final himself. Never seen it done since, and people compare the performance to Stanley Matthews.

Not sure about this as I only watch football!

Favourite Leicester moment:

Waghorn's 92nd minute winner against Bristol City a couple of seasons ago. It was the first match I had attended in seven years and I think it turned out to be our sixth consecutive win so we were a bunch if optimistic fans leaving the stadium.

Favourite (non Leicester related) football moment:

AGUEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Favourite (non football) sport moment:

Lewis Hamilton passing Timo Glock on the final lap of the final race to clinch the F1 world championship in 2008.

Favourite Leicester City Moment: Steve Howard's last minute winner against Leeds.
Favourite (Non Leicester Related) Football Moment: Agueroooooooooooo!!!
Favourite (Non Football) Sport Moment: Haven't got many, I guess LCCC winning the T20 in 2011.

Favourite Leicester City 

When Steve Thompson equalised against Swindon in the 93 Play Off Final

Favourite non City 

England beating Germany 1-5 on their own turf

Favourite non football

Seeing Mike Tyson fight the 1st time,couldn't believe one man could be that powerful in a boxing ring

Favourite Leicester City

Walshies double vs Derby in our 1st ever wembley win

Favourite non City

Gazzas goal vs Scotland in 96....pure class and what a summer!!

Favourite non football

Wiggo on his bike last summer, just his whole season was immense!!

Guest MattP

It's impossible for me to give one.

LCFC

Cambridge 5-0, the night I really fell in love with the club. Claridge's winner at Wembley, The whistle going at 1-0 up at Old Trafford.

NON LCFC

Barcelona playing Man U off the pitch to win the Champions League, enjoyable and won a fortune.

OTHER SPORT

Could give 15, Three that stand out is the atmosphere when Ricky Hatton came to the ring V Mayweather in Vegas, winning the Ashes in Sydney/the Mitchell Johnson moment and Kauto Star returning to win his Gold Cup at Cheltenham. Was lucky enough to be at all three.

I'm guessing we're talking about ones we've witnessed at the time.

Favourite Leicester moment: Stevie Howard v Leeds. Closely followed by Knocky v Forest.

Favourite (other) football moment: Grosso's goal v Germany probably. Or England 5-1 Germany.

Favourite (non football) sporting moment: Best Mate winning his 3rd Gold Cup. The commentary always makes my spine tingle.

Favourite leicester city moment: 

Izzet overhead kick, that was fun. 

2005 champions league or FA Cup Final 2006

Mo Farah olympics - screaming at the TV has never been so fun.

Fave leicester moment:

Tranmere Wortho final. First trip to wembley :)

Non leicester moment:

As others have said..... Aaaaaaggggggguuuuuueeeeerrrrroooooo!!!

Very rarely do I celebrate another teams goal as if it was a leicester goal. Hairs on the back of the neck stood up a bit!

Non football:

Ronnie's fastest 147 or Wimbledon 08 final

- Nugent goal at home to Watford.

Never before have i seen or heard a celebration like it at the KP, not even when Steve Howard nodded in from the corner. In fact, one of my buddies is a steward and was in the away end. He was facing the crowd, and when we scored he fell backwards in fright from the noise, fortunately 2 watford fans grabbed him.

I was at wembley when we beat tranmere but i was only 6 years old, so cannot remember too much.

- Aguero against QPR, greatest ending to a game ever. Some may refer to our game with Arsenal, but no game meaning so much has ever ended like that.

Has to be the drop-goal by Wilkinson. Possibly the only Englishman in any sport to never have been born with the 'bottler' trait.

LCFC Moment -

Any of the following;

- Nalis' wonder goal against Dirty Leeds, won 4-0 in the end too.

- Knocky's last minute winner against Forest.

- 4-0 against Derby in 15 minutes.

- The goal against Cardiff that put us 3-2 up in the Playoffs. Went ****ing ballistic.

- This could be the winner from Claridge...

Football Moment - 

Any of the following;

- Balotelli....Agueroooooooooooooo!

- Drogba's goal against Bayern in last season's Champions League Final.

- The 2005 Champions League Final.

- 5-1 vs Germany.

Sporting Moment - 

- Wilkinson drop goal. Went apeshit.

Great thread.

LCFC:

02-03 Brian Deane scores a last minute winner vs Preston in my sons first City game. He's been in love with the club ever since.

Football:

Has to be Aguero vs QPR. Most dramatic game I've ever seen and no other (Leicester games withstanding) football match will ever top that in terms of drama for me.

Sport:

London 2012 as a whole just gave a real feel good factor. If I had to pick one specific moment then Mo Farah's 10 000m on 'Super Saturday'.

Fav city moment

5-0 playoff vs Cambridge, utterly amazing night.

Fav non city

L'pool 0 Arsenal 2. Michael Thomas scores in last minute to win the title at Anfield in the last game of season.

Fav non footy

Ricky Hatton vs Kostya Tszyu just pips winning the Ashes 2005 and Wiggo in last years Tour de France

Leicester - Knockaert vs Forest

Non-Leicester - Ronaldo's two goals in the WC2002 final to win it for Brazil.

Non-Football - Kimi Raikkonen winning the 2007 Brazilian GP to clinch the championship by one point.

Leicester: 1996 play off final: this could be a goal for Claridge... it is!

Non-Leicester: 2005 Champions League final.  England 4:1 Netharlands Euro '96.

Non-football: Kelly Holmes 2 gold medals at age 34 in 2004, Joe Calzaghe's destruction of Jeff Lacey, Wiggins Tour de France triumph 2012.

Favourite Leicester moment - Beating Tranmere 2-1 in the Worthington Cup final; just about tall enough to see Matty nod in both goals at the old Wembley,

Non-Leicester - Don't particularly like Liverpool; but the Istanbul final v AC Milan takes some beating.

Non Football - Ashes 2005 was what first got me into cricket. Incredible series with the likes of Gillespie, Warne and Mcgrath being sent packing.

Favourite Leicester City Moment: Knockaert v Forest. Sheer disbelief, never thought we'd be in the POs from the 1st minute and then.... we were.
Favourite (Non Leicester Related) Football Moment: Andre Gray v York in the first minute the BSQP play off final. Went mad.
Favourite (Non Football) Sport Moment: Really enjoyed the Federer v Nadal final at Wimbledon a few years ago

Archived