Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

``We are not going to add to the squad at this moment in time."

So you expect me to believe Danns went from Captain material to frozen out after one poor performance?

I think you need to look what you have written here mate, because it makes no sense.

Albert knows his onions.

So you expect me to believe Danns went from Captain material to frozen out after one poor performance?

I think you need to look what you have written here mate, because it makes no sense.

I think you are reading too much into things.

Yes, there may have been a few incidents where players and the manager alike spat their dummy, but one can assume that these occasions were few and far in between.

Whenever somebody's benched or left out of the squad, you jump to the quick conclusion that they must've had a terrible argument with Pearson or something similar and that he's treating them like "school kids", as if the general mood at the club is one of hire & fire.

That some of these decisions (if not the majority) are down to the players' individual form, contract clauses or money issues seems to be beyond your grasp.

Also, the way you're taking aim at Vardy is way over the top. Yes, he's had a few shockers, but he's nowhere near the failure you're trying to make him out to be. Plus, he was injured for a large part of last season and couldn't make an impact in the first place, then had a tough time finding his way back into the squad.

And yes, I guess you're right. Most of our players are more than good enough to compete at this level - the main issue are the salaries and additional costs related to appearances, contract clauses, etc.

I do agree that a lot of players need to take a hard look at themselves and ask themselves the question whether they're really worth all that money or if there's more to playing football than that.

Maybe this season's experience will help them shift their focus back to football itself and the joys of winning, rather than the joys of earning thousands of pounds a month.

Let's not forget that a lot of other clubs are in the same boat - it could be a very sobering season for many.

To slightly misquote Inigo Montoya, I don't think posh means what you think it means. :)

Lighten up mister, it aint all that bad is it?  I reckon you could let a little bit of joy in?  Can we hug please?  I'm a good hugger.  Bit boney but I put the effort in.

X

I feel a little brighter today, come here gorgeous.

It makes for depressing reading but this was always going to be the case if we didn't go up last year following 2011/12's utter shambles. Pearson is definitely partly at fault but he really hasn't had it as easy as so many like to make out he has. He's seemed pretty handicapped, for all the money he spent last year (he did spent, but not massively) he did rake in a fair bit via player sales.

Net spend of 1.5m last year I believe. If we get a fee for Beckford, make that less than a million over 18 months. I'm not quite sure how you can lay any blame at all on Pearson for the "mess" that is FFP. He has built a squad capable of competing on next to nothing. A great example of forward planning by the club, well executed by the manager. I think a few people will be surprised by how well prepared we are relative to other clubs as the season gets going.

Net spend of 1.5m last year I believe. If we get a fee for Beckford, make that less than a million over 18 months. I'm not quite sure how you can lay any blame at all on Pearson for the "mess" that is FFP. He has built a squad capable of competing on next to nothing. A great example of forward planning by the club, well executed by the manager. I think a few people will be surprised by how well prepared we are relative to other clubs as the season gets going.

Seriously, what the heck is going on has someone hacked your account over the last 2/3 months.

Yes, that plus the fact he spends most of his time talking about an working on that embarrassing Spitter 2 app. If he were a player of mine, I'd quite like him to concentrate on his football.

Yes, that plus the fact he spends most of his time talking about an working on that embarrassing Spitter 2 app. If he were a player of mine, I'd quite like him to concentrate on his football.

I always remember the exchange he had on twitter with Mark Bright about that. Bright had come down to interview Pearson and went to find Danns to have a chat, he wasn't around though as he'd shot off to do something with this Spitter crap. Brights words to him were along the lines of "get your priorities right, you only get one shot at this".  I wondered if some of that might have come from his chat with Pearson.

I always remember the exchange he had on twitter with Mark Bright about that. Bright had come down to interview Pearson and went to find Danns to have a chat, he wasn't around though as he'd shot off to do something with this Spitter crap. Brights words to him were along the lines of "get your priorities right, you only get one shot at this". I wondered if some of that might have come from his chat with Pearson.

I'd have thought so. No wonder he's been bombed out. Comes across as a complete prat. Pearson likes proper footballers. He ain't one

100% true Mack. Reading and Southampton both came in for Dannsy last summer so was told he wasn't going anywhere and was major part of the plans. To this day Dannsy is still puzzled by it all

Just hope we can get offload Wellens, Gally, Danns & SSL in order to drop sufficiently below the FFP ceiling to be able to bring perhaps 2 players in

I'm not sold on Whitbread as anything more than cover, although he was well thought of by Norwich fans so perhaps a preseason is just what he needs.

I don't rate Konchesky at all, not even slightly, he messes up attacks by getting to the halfway line then floating in aimless hoofballs and he's too slow to defend well, getting skinned left, right & centre.

Elsewhere I think we're as strong as anyone in the division IF we play how we did in the first two thirds of the season and not how we played in the final third.

It's all about the performance level, tempo, desire etc, whatever happened after February which caused the whole side to lose confidence at the same time, shouldn't carry over to the new season, but it's a tough start & if the wins don't come quickly we won't have the strength in depth due to our past overspending to be able to make changes.

Just hope we can get offload Wellens, Gally, Danns & SSL in order to drop sufficiently below the FFP ceiling to be able to bring perhaps 2 players in

I'm not sold on Whitbread as anything more than cover, although he was well thought of by Norwich fans so perhaps a preseason is just what he needs.

I don't rate Konchesky at all, not even slightly, he messes up attacks by getting to the halfway line then floating in aimless hoofballs and he's too slow to defend well, getting skinned left, right & centre.

Elsewhere I think we're as strong as anyone in the division IF we play how we did in the first two thirds of the season and not how we played in the final third.

It's all about the performance level, tempo, desire etc, whatever happened after February which caused the whole side to lose confidence at the same time, shouldn't carry over to the new season, but it's a tough start & if the wins don't come quickly we won't have the strength in depth due to our past overspending to be able to make changes.

Whitbread is a funny one, he did play quite a bit I think in our early decent run, and he can look in control... he just seemed to be involved in some right clangers. Whether that's ring rust, incredibly bad fortune, or just down to a lack of ability I'm not 100% sure yet.

100% true Mack. Reading and Southampton both came in for Dannsy last summer so was told he wasn't going anywhere and was major part of the plans. To this day Dannsy is still puzzled by it all

He's bound to be puzzled

He probably never got the memo unless Pearson left it for him on Spitter

Muppet

Shame we didn't let him go! Bet they won't be in for him again.

My dig at Pearson was that regardless of how you put it, he and the same group of players did fall. I think he'd done excellently, but not a single one of them is exempt from criticism for the way we fell off last year.

He also, in my opinion, over-paid for Vardy.

Other than that I entirely agree and I like the way he considers the long term - no surprise it hardly sits well with a lot who demand everything and everything now.

4th is probably about right at present, but he is a totally different player to the others, and being payed alot or not, it looks like he is going nowhere, and I think if he stays, and like you say if his heads right, would be worth having him around.

I think he offers a bit more than some of the players, I.e vardy, fuctacs, different positions I know but even on lower wages I think they are a waste of money having around, even as sqaud players they offer very little to the team.

If he was on a reasonable wage I'd agree, but lets be honest, it's pretty obvious he's on one of the biggest wage packets at the club and he simply doesn't justify it. I'd move him on.

Think without a few additions we might be close to the relegation battle rather than Play offs.

Is it just me or anyone else feel like we are the laughing stock of the division?

No, but that comment is the laughing stock of this thread.

We were the laughing stock of the division when we blew £20m + collected a load of average players on wages wholly unsustainable with a manager who never once even troubled the playoff spots.

Now we're grounded in reality and achieved a playoff finish with young side, finishing above many teams we thought we'd be below, teams in benefit of huuuuge parachute payments, the players will continue to grow together to become a better team... we're probably the opposite of laughing stock... that looks like it belongs to the clown who owns Forest, who's talking about champions League football one minute, but can't pay the clubs hotel bill the next, or even sign a player from Peterborough who wanted to go there & they had to sell.

My dig at Pearson was that regardless of how you put it, he and the same group of players did fall. I think he'd done excellently, but not a single one of them is exempt from criticism for the way we fell off last year.

He also, in my opinion, over-paid for Vardy.

Other than that I entirely agree and I like the way he considers the long term - no surprise it hardly sits well with a lot who demand everything and everything now.

I do hate it when Pearsonites criticise the man.

Whatever happened to blind loyalty?

Our only hope is that with a full pre-season that Whitbread could be the player he was for Millwall and Norwich, if he is then we're pretty much sorted at centre back other than some back up. He took forever to be fully fit last summer and i'm not sure if this played a part in his out of character clumsiness but it did seem we signed him with an injury. He is very injury prone and there's no guarantees he'll remain fit but if he can at least get the core fitness in and get a run of games then we could get the best out of him.

Our only hope is that with a full pre-season that Whitbread could be the player he was for Millwall and Norwich, if he is then we're pretty much sorted at centre back other than some back up. He took forever to be fully fit last summer and i'm not sure if this played a part in his out of character clumsiness but it did seem we signed him with an injury. He is very injury prone and there's no guarantees he'll remain fit but if he can at least get the core fitness in and get a run of games then we could get the best out of him.

He seemed to win everything in the air, which is one area where we looked iffy I thought during our bad run.

You look at the pennos he gave away and on another day we'd never have had them given against us. Take away a couple of clangers from from his performances and people would probably have a much different view of him.

Said it so many times but despite people's love of Keane & Wood, our record with Whitbread & Vardy in the side was far better.

I do hate it when Pearsonites criticise the man.

Whatever happened to blind loyalty?

True. Being in the middle ground isn't allowed on here apparently.

Archived