Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

``We are not going to add to the squad at this moment in time."

I fear the FFP will make the Championship like the SPL but where as the best team/s in the league will change each season due to promotion it still ultimately means that for clubs that haven't got the obscene income from the parachute payments will have to massively over achieve to get anywhere near promotion. The beauty of the Championship has always been it's unpredictability and the success stories of the under dog. I don't see how this will continue.

Without much knowledge of the FFP rules all I understand is that losing more than 8 million incurs penalties.  I guess it depends on how the league defines "income" but in my opinion, the parachute payments shoud not be income as part of the revenue stream. There would be nothing fair play about that.

Is Pearson worth £1,000,000 per year? No he isn't.

Personally if that's what he's on, then no.

I don't think any manager outside the top tier should be on that sort of money.

What I can see happening under the new constraints is performance related pay, payed x amount as a wage, and big bonuses if promoted.

I can see why they have brought in the new financial regulations, but I don't think it will be any good for the game, not straight the way but within a couple of years the gulf in class between the yoyo teams and the rest of the championship will be massive.

Without much knowledge of the FFP rules all I understand is that losing more than 8 million incurs penalties. I guess it depends on how the league defines "income" but in my opinion, the parachute payments shoud not be income as part of the revenue stream. There would be nothing fair play about that.

Its worked out on gate revenue I think, so the teams coming down are in just as deep as everybody else. Pretty sure the parachute payments dont count towards the total profit as far as ffp goes. Might be wrong though. Seems the teams relegated last season are taking a gamble investing so heavily. It might also explain why Bournemouth are charging 60 quid a ticket for their real madrid friendly.

What's all this rubbish about 'getting on the wrong side of Pearson' - I'm sick of people making excuses for piss poor players by saying 'oh yeah, they must have fallen out with Pearson'. Is it not possible that Pearson is trying to move these players on because he realises that they represent terrible value for money and aren't good enough for our side? Says it all that the only sides interested in Beckford, Danns and St Ledger last season were mid table sides or sides battling relegation.

They're not good enough for our side and the sooner they're shipped out, the better.

I don't agree, and whilst we are now in the realms of evaluating the abilities of a player and that is a matter of opinion, St Ledger, Danns and arguably Beckford could have all contributed to what was a catastrophic end of last season.

However they were out of the picture as their faces don't fit with the management.

I'll repeat my point again: If we are going to have to use what we have and we cant shift those the Manager would rather were not here the most sensible option would be to give everyone a clean slate and look afresh at what every player at the club can bring to the table.

I cant see any other common sense, grown up approach to the situation.

I don't agree, and whilst we are now in the realms of evaluating the abilities of a player and that is a matter of opinion, St Ledger, Danns and arguably Beckford could have all contributed to what was a catastrophic end of last season.

However they were out of the picture as their faces don't fit with the management.

St Ledger has regularly played since his "bust up", was mostly injured last year here and whilst at Millwall. You'd be fairly limited to what he could offer with that in mind.

Beckford started the season playing, and then was on the bench, Pearson said he wanted to move. Again, if he's not willing to be part of a squad and spend time on the bench then he's not going to contribute anything.

It's not like Pearson hasn't played any of them, he has played all three of them quite a lot really. Why is it he's not allowed to not particularly rate people, or think they are value, or think they aren't committed to the club. People always want there to be some hidden agenda.

You don't know people won't be given clean slates if that's what we HAVE to work with. But there is no point in trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes, nobody knows what they have been told, if anything at all.

Parachute payments arent excluded. So relegated clubs get a £20m headstart in their first season back down. Fair? Absolutely not. Reality? Yes.

Seems ludicrous to be honest. How can you compete with that. Hopefully the relegated clubs are as wasteful with their cash as dear old Sven was

A posh way of saying the league was full of toss.

To slightly misquote Inigo Montoya, I don't think posh means what you think it means. :)

Lighten up mister, it aint all that bad is it?  I reckon you could let a little bit of joy in?  Can we hug please?  I'm a good hugger.  Bit boney but I put the effort in.

X

I'll repeat my point again: If we are going to have to use what we have and we cant shift those the Manager would rather were not here the most sensible option would be to give everyone a clean slate and look afresh at what every player at the club can bring to the table.

I cant see any other common sense, grown up approach to the situation.

Hasn't it been mentioned that playing Beckford again will trigger an appearance bonus that we have to pay Everton, which would only add to the problem of cutting back the debt. It's not unfathomable to imagine similar scenarios with the other players also, be it payments to clubs, automatic contact extensions, raises etc.

St Ledger has regularly played since his "bust up", was mostly injured last year here and whilst at Millwall. You'd be fairly limited to what he could offer with that in mind.

You have forgotten the Nigel St Ledger bust up mark 2 that preceded his farming out on loan to the thugs (I know it's hard to keep up with all the tiffs)

Beckford started the season playing, and then was on the bench, Pearson said he wanted to move. Again, if he's not willing to be part of a squad and spend time on the bench then he's not going to contribute anything.

You have forgotten that was a 2 way street and both Beckford and Danns were training with the stiffs, a message from the boss that they were not in his thoughts I guess.

It's not like Pearson hasn't played any of them, he has played all three of them quite a lot really. Why is it he's not allowed to not particularly rate people, or think they are value, or think they aren't committed to the club. People always want there to be some hidden agenda.

Danns had one shocker and got the **** off tablet toot sweet. People forget he got injured before the end of the season before and probably needed games to get sharper. Of course he made some half slanted comment on Twitter and that was game over for the lad. The Manager's more favoured players (Like Vardy) were played / on the bench ofter despite being complete toilet. That seems unfair to me, with others who could have potentially offered more not getting a sniff, in my opinion. 

You don't know people won't be given clean slates if that's what we HAVE to work with. But there is no point in trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes, nobody knows what they have been told, if anything at all.

How I sincerely hope they will all be given a new start, but this is Nigel we are talking about, so they will probably be doing the King Power bogs with a toothbush.

Hasn't it been mentioned that playing Beckford again will trigger an appearance bonus that we have to pay Everton, which would only add to the problem of cutting back the debt. It's not unfathomable to imagine similar scenarios with the other players also, be it payments to clubs, automatic contact extensions, raises etc.

He's only played 43 times for us. Doubt a clause would be inserted for 44 games.

You have forgotten the Nigel St Ledger bust up mark 2 that preceded his farming out on loan to the thugs (I know it's hard to keep up with all the tiffs)

You have forgotten that was a 2 way street and both Beckford and Danns were training with the stiffs, a message from the boss that they were not in his thoughts I guess.

Danns had one shocker and got the **** off tablet toot sweet. People forget he got injured before the end of the season before and probably needed games to get sharper. Of course he made some half slanted comment on Twitter and that was game over for the lad. The Manager's more favoured players (Like Vardy) were played / on the bench ofter despite being complete toilet. That seems unfair to me, with others who could have potentially offered more not getting a sniff, in my opinion. 

How I sincerely hope they will all be given a new start, but this is Nigel we are talking about, so they will probably be doing the King Power bogs with a toothbush.

As an aside to my comments, were Danns, Beckford, St Ledger etc signing shirts on Saturday at the ground?

He's only played 43 times for us. Doubt a clause would be inserted for 44 games.

:D

The payment is after 50 league appearances.

Oh right, it was quoted here: http://www.burndenaces.co.uk/2013/07/07/bolton-hope-to-land-beckford-on-free-transfer.html

Still 7 appearances doesn't really justify keeping him around, if his wages, bonus to Everton and the rumoured outstanding original transfer fee are taken into consideration.

Think without a few additions we might be close to the relegation battle rather than Play offs.

Is it just me or anyone else feel like we are the laughing stock of the division?

...we just finished 6th with this squad. :unsure:

Think without a few additions we might be close to the relegation battle rather than Play offs.

Is it just me or anyone else feel like we are the laughing stock of the division?

The season hasn't even started...

Maybe a couple of seasons ago but some of the fans must be.

Parachute payments arent excluded. So relegated clubs get a £20m headstart in their first season back down. Fair? Absolutely not. Reality? Yes.

They will come down with a premiership wage bill though, so will still be up against it I think.

Archived