Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

``We are not going to add to the squad at this moment in time."

So over the course of the season it was luck that meant we finished in the playoffs and nothing to do with us amassing more points than others who played the same number of games. You finish where you deserve to.

Just as in the last 17 league games of last season, it was obviously just bad luck that we won only 3 games!

Lets hope we start this season with better luck.

Like others, I'm not surprised by NP's statement: a) he usually does business early b) we have to reduce costs c) it doesn't help if it's evident we are after a particular position. However, I expect we'll make a one or two loan signings just before the beginning of the Premier League season or soon after. At this time, it becomes evident players will benefit from being loaned out.

anyone who thinks we be top 6 is in fairy land.

Latter part of last season we were found out and in freefall.

This summer many of our rivals are strengthening whilst all I see in the news for us is we are fighting of offers for our players.

Also the loan players we had are back at their parent clubs.

We already had a small squad and now it will be even smaller, I dont think we will be relegated but we will be mid to lower table fighting hard to finish above derby.

Just as in the last 17 league games of last season, it was obviously just bad luck that we won only 3 games!

Lets hope we start this season with better luck.

Who said anything about that being bad luck?

Those who don't like him will say we were lucky to get in, but had we missed out wouldn't have said we were unlucky. It's just another tool to take a pop.

St Ledger has regularly played since his "bust up", was mostly injured last year here and whilst at Millwall. You'd be fairly limited to what he could offer with that in mind.

You have forgotten the Nigel St Ledger bust up mark 2 that preceded his farming out on loan to the thugs (I know it's hard to keep up with all the tiffs)

You mean it's hard to keep up with all the fabricated "tiffs" with there being zero evidence of any and only constant denials from players here, management here, or players actually sold and no longer here.

Beckford started the season playing, and then was on the bench, Pearson said he wanted to move. Again, if he's not willing to be part of a squad and spend time on the bench then he's not going to contribute anything.

You have forgotten that was a 2 way street and both Beckford and Danns were training with the stiffs, a message from the boss that they were not in his thoughts I guess.

Again, as said time and time again back then, ALL players not in the match squad will train with the youth team or reserve team around game time. It doesn't matter if that is Beckford or Vardy. They all do it. Secondly, Beckford only started to not make the match squad after the rumour of him trying to force a move to Huddersfield started to do the rounds... now you are quick to believe these rumours when against Pearson, so how about believing them when the player might be at fault.

It's not like Pearson hasn't played any of them, he has played all three of them quite a lot really. Why is it he's not allowed to not particularly rate people, or think they are value, or think they aren't committed to the club. People always want there to be some hidden agenda.

Danns had one shocker and got the **** off tablet toot sweet. People forget he got injured before the end of the season before and probably needed games to get sharper. Of course he made some half slanted comment on Twitter and that was game over for the lad. The Manager's more favoured players (Like Vardy) were played / on the bench ofter despite being complete toilet. That seems unfair to me, with others who could have potentially offered more not getting a sniff, in my opinion. 

Again, you do not know what has gone on. What might have or have not been said or done. Yet he's the injured party and Pearson is the cock.

You don't know people won't be given clean slates if that's what we HAVE to work with. But there is no point in trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes, nobody knows what they have been told, if anything at all.

How I sincerely hope they will all be given a new start, but this is Nigel we are talking about, so they will probably be doing the King Power bogs with a toothbush.

If the manager decides they aren't good enough, then so be it. Honestly, I wouldn't shed a tear over any of them.

anyone who thinks we be top 6 is in fairy land.

Latter part of last season we were found out and in freefall.

This summer many of our rivals are strengthening whilst all I see in the news for us is we are fighting of offers for our players.

Also the loan players we had are back at their parent clubs.

We already had a small squad and now it will be even smaller, I dont think we will be relegated but we will be mid to lower table fighting hard to finish above derby.

Is that the free fall that saw us 6th in the form table over the last 6 games with better ppg return than Cardiff, Hull, Forest, Watford, Palace (only returning 0.83 to out 1.5), Saw us beat Bolton and draw away at Brighton two of the form teams at the time.

Yes we were utter crud for quite a few games there is absolutely no denying or excusing that, but people talk like we were dreadful for the whole finish. As well some decent results in the run in against in form teams we got a decent draw away at Cardiff (should have won) same against Brum at home.

Hasn't it been mentioned that playing Beckford again will trigger an appearance bonus that we have to pay Everton, which would only add to the problem of cutting back the debt. It's not unfathomable to imagine similar scenarios with the other players also, be it payments to clubs, automatic contact extensions, raises etc.

Toffee Fox said we already have to pay Everton no matter what happens.

Happy with our midfield,

However with regards to our central defence, I would like Pearson to get an experienced player aside Wes (and who has got big build).

With regards to our strikeforce, we desperately need a Stevie Howard-eske player (who controls the balls and keeps it within the opposition's box).

For the first time in years we are going to keep a consistent side for more than a season. This will work to our advantage, blood in some academy players too and wel be up there. Fortunately (big earners aside) we average young hungry squad that's mainly British, exactly what FFP is looking to achieve.

Same manager, same players, same board, this is where we all learn that consistency really is the key to promotion!

If we can get rid of Whitbread, Vardy, St Ledger, Waghorn, Logan, Dyer, Gallagher, Wellens & Futacs in the next week we'll be fine.  :fc:

Totally. A squad of 14 players will do just fine in the Championship.

Totally. A squad of 14 players will do just fine in the Championship.

But we have young players like Taft, Clifford, Dodoo, Blyth, Panayiotou and Hopper who deserve a chance. Otherwise they might aswell go and that's a shame.

It makes for depressing reading but this was always going to be the case if we didn't go up last year following 2011/12's utter shambles. Pearson is definitely partly at fault but he really hasn't had it as easy as so many like to make out he has. He's seemed pretty handicapped, for all the money he spent last year (he did spent, but not massively) he did rake in a fair bit via player sales.

I'll no doubt be lambasted as 'supporting the wrong club' or having a 'small-time mentality' or something along them lines but we need to lower expectations, because if we keep them high, then the chances are it won't end well.

That said, I think this squad really isn't that bad. It could definitely do with an addition or two, but we have some very talented players at this club and you would like to think last year has made them stronger as players, and as a team.

It doesn't make for good reading and it doesn't bode well for the coming season. It's not a level playing field and it isn't fair. Maybe the three coming down will do a Wolves. But seeing all these players move, the latest being Holt, it makes it even more depressing.

NP will have to do one hell of a job to get us in the top 6 imo. I'm not convinced he'll do it.

For the first time in years we are going to keep a consistent side for more than a season. This will work to our advantage, blood in some academy players too and wel be up there. Fortunately (big earners aside) we average young hungry squad that's mainly British, exactly what FFP is looking to achieve.

Same manager, same players, same board, this is where we all learn that consistency really is the key to promotion!

I'd fully agree and I'd happily see us blooding in youngsters every year, I'm really not arsed how much we spend, just as long as decent players are brought in whether it's from other clubs or the youth team.

Unfortunately our fans wouldn't stand for it. We'd lose two in a row and the doom & gloom would be out saying we should've signed someone. The lack of patience is a shame really.

I don't see what Danns would've offered in those final games. We didn't miss him for the previous 30-odd.

Beckford maybe.

We needed someone to get in other teams faces from midfield. Perhaps the only thing Danns offers over our other midfielders.

But we have young players like Taft, Clifford, Dodoo, Blyth, Panayiotou and Hopper who deserve a chance. Otherwise they might aswell go and that's a shame.

based on what?

yet another case of players not playing being worth more.

We needed someone to get in other teams faces from midfield. Perhaps the only thing Danns offers over our other midfielders.

Defiantly with you on this, not the best technique, but offers something different, and the games we got bullied in, he would have made a difference.

Defiantly with you on this, not the best technique, but offers something different, and the games we got bullied in, he would have made a difference.

He's energetic but do I remember him making a significant difference at the grounds we traditionally struggle at? Not in the slightest. Had good games at Derby & Chelsea (fair play) but other than that he was as anonymous as the rest of them.

I'd be up for giving him a chance if he truly was focused on holding down a spot in our side, learned to control his temperament, and could actually tackle. Seems to me sadly he does none of those three and for what are surely decent wages, there's only one option for me again.

I've seen worse players but I'd literally rank him 4th out of our current centre mids.

Mack, on 08 Jul 2013 - 6:24 PM, said:snapback.png

Babylon, on 08 Jul 2013 - 4:00 PM, said:snapback.png

St Ledger has regularly played since his "bust up", was mostly injured last year here and whilst at Millwall. You'd be fairly limited to what he could offer with that in mind.

You have forgotten the Nigel St Ledger bust up mark 2 that preceded his farming out on loan to the thugs (I know it's hard to keep up with all the tiffs)

You mean it's hard to keep up with all the fabricated "tiffs" with there being zero evidence of any and only constant denials from players here, management here, or players actually sold and no longer here.

Dodgy Gold like on the home kit for me!

There is no smoke without fire my friend, and our Manager has had more spats with players than Rick Waller's had kebabs. 

Matt Mills training in a Central Leicester gym and onward from there. 

The modern Footballer is quite often a jumped up turd of a man who gives no respect and has little education or culture, but that is the environment Nigel has chosen to work in, and he should be more cute with how he deals with staff who's aptitude and attitude he chooses to question.

For Christ's sake, even the local radio no mark gets under his skin to he point where he gives him the cold shoulder at times.

Beckford started the season playing, and then was on the bench, Pearson said he wanted to move. Again, if he's not willing to be part of a squad and spend time on the bench then he's not going to contribute anything.

You have forgotten that was a 2 way street and both Beckford and Danns were training with the stiffs, a message from the boss that they were not in his thoughts I guess.

Again, as said time and time again back then, ALL players not in the match squad will train with the youth team or reserve team around game time. It doesn't matter if that is Beckford or Vardy. They all do it. Secondly, Beckford only started to not make the match squad after the rumour of him trying to force a move to Huddersfield started to do the rounds... now you are quick to believe these rumours when against Pearson, so how about believing them when the player might be at fault.

I'm not saying the player is totally innocent, I'm merely pointing out that any relationship is a two way street, and treating men with inflated egos like school kids is the 180 mph fast lane to a fall out.

Do you blame Beckford for trying to find a place to play rather than spend weekends with the kids? I bet he was promised all sorts to get him to sign.

There is no one size fits all Gold plated winner of a management style either, some need tough love, others need pandering to, as the gaffer if you tell the wally his shot doesn't stink if it gets the desired end result we are all happy ultimately. 

Point being the purse strings have been cut, so we have to look at what we have and make the best of it for everyone.

It's not like Pearson hasn't played any of them, he has played all three of them quite a lot really. Why is it he's not allowed to not particularly rate people, or think they are value, or think they aren't committed to the club. People always want there to be some hidden agenda.

Danns had one shocker and got the **** off tablet toot sweet. People forget he got injured before the end of the season before and probably needed games to get sharper. Of course he made some half slanted comment on Twitter and that was game over for the lad. The Manager's more favoured players (Like Vardy) were played / on the bench ofter despite being complete toilet. That seems unfair to me, with others who could have potentially offered more not getting a sniff, in my opinion. 

Again, you do not know what has gone on. What might have or have not been said or done. Yet he's the injured party and Pearson is the cock.

This one is much clearer and was widely reported by the local media. Danns made a comment that I read myself about not being selected on Twitter, this pissed off Nigel so when he selected him for the Burton game and he had a shocker there were words.

You seem to be around here a fair bit so I'm guessing you are up to speed.

Mate, Vardy has had more shockers than a Kangaroo on an electrified zip wire, yet Pearson keeps on bringing him back for more, he got himself in a fair few nightclub scrapes last season also so he is hardly the model pro.

I like many felt Danns could have offered important factors whilst we collapsed last spring, and yes it pissed me off he was playing for someone else and apparently we were paying a big chunk of his wages.

LCFC lose lose situation.

You don't know people won't be given clean slates if that's what we HAVE to work with. But there is no point in trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes, nobody knows what they have been told, if anything at all.

How I sincerely hope they will all be given a new start, but this is Nigel we are talking about, so they will probably be doing the King Power bogs with a toothbush.

If the manager decides they aren't good enough, then so be it. Honestly, I wouldn't shed a tear over any of them.

Point being that right now the owners have told Nigel get on with what you have got unless you can manipulate funds from by moving on unwanted players.

Pearson admitted himself the transfer market is frozen, meaning shifting players being paid too much money is like trying to tell George Michael that a careless whisper doesn't always exclusively occur in the men's latrines on Hampstead Heath.

We need to use all the assets at our disposal, and that may require a little compromise from some players and the coaching staff.

I only hope they are all mature, honest and dedicated enough to our cause to do so, because I fear that not being good enough is not the issue with many of these players.

There was no second bust up with St Ledger...take that as a fact mate. Ledge needed match time after his injury and Pearson said he was happy for him to go out on loan which was surprising to Ledge but there was no bust up.

As for Dannsy, he was told at the end of last season that he was gonna be one of the main men for Pearson and was in the running to being made captain. After the Burton he was frozen out and there was no way back for him for whatever reason but again no bust up.

After the Mills saga where there WAS a major bust up which is no hidden secret I think whenever a player is dropped or is let out to go on loan people always seem to think Pearson has had another bust up which isn't true. A lot of these decisions are down to financial factors...it's no coincidence that all the players that Pearson apparently has bust ups with are on 20k plus

He's energetic but do I remember him making a significant difference at the grounds we traditionally struggle at? Not in the slightest. Had good games at Derby & Chelsea (fair play) but other than that he was as anonymous as the rest of them.

I'd be up for giving him a chance if he truly was focused on holding down a spot in our side, learned to control his temperament, and could actually tackle. Seems to me sadly he does none of those three and for what are surely decent wages, there's only one option for me again.

I've seen worse players but I'd literally rank him 4th out of our current centre mids.

4th is probably about right at present, but he is a totally different player to the others, and being payed alot or not, it looks like he is going nowhere, and I think if he stays, and like you say if his heads right, would be worth having him around.

I think he offers a bit more than some of the players, I.e vardy, fuctacs, different positions I know but even on lower wages I think they are a waste of money having around, even as sqaud players they offer very little to the team.

There was no second bust up with St Ledger...take that as a fact mate. Ledge needed match time after his injury and Pearson said he was happy for him to go out on loan which was surprising to Ledge but there was no bust up.

As for Dannsy, he was told at the end of last season that he was gonna be one of the main men for Pearson and was in the running to being made captain. After the Burton he was frozen out and there was no way back for him for whatever reason but again no bust up.

After the Mills saga where there WAS a major bust up which is no hidden secret I think whenever a player is dropped or is let out to go on loan people always seem to think Pearson has had another bust up which isn't true. A lot of these decisions are down to financial factors...it's no coincidence that all the players that Pearson apparently has bust ups with are on 20k plus

So you expect me to believe Danns went from Captain material to frozen out after one poor performance?

I think you need to look what you have written here mate, because it makes no sense.

Archived