Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tyneside fox

Waggy to Millwall!

Ah well, £500'000 for a striker that once cost us in the region of £2m....

How the times are changing.

But do we still have enough strikers at the club? Nugent is our for a few more weeks. That leaves us with Wood, Futacs, Schlupp; Vardy could go out on loan, Gallagher may leave (?).

Guess we could always cover it by getting another one or two in on loan then.

Thought Kenny Jackett would know better!

Tbh I think Waggy would do a good job in League One, even think he'll do well if he does go to Millwall. Looked ok in patches last season before he disappeared. He'd certainly be ahead of Vardy & Futacs in the pecking order for me anyway.

Tbh I think Waggy would do a good job in League One, even think he'll do well if he does go to Millwall. Looked ok in patches last season before he disappeared. He'd certainly be ahead of Vardy & Futacs in the pecking order for me anyway.

I think League One is his standard. Goes from sublime to bloody dreadful from one minute to the next, an cannot finish. It shows how little I think of him that I'd rather see Vardy upfront than him

I imagine we would sign a back up striker if we offload the deadwood which allows us to do so.

I imagine we would sign a back up striker if we offload the deadwood which allows us to do so.

I'm not convinced we would. Surely after the back end of last season Schlupp is going to be in the plans as a striking option too. Although saying that Nuge's injury might mean we have to sign somebody else.

I'm not convinced we would. Surely after the back end of last season Schlupp is going to be in the plans as a striking option too. Although saying that Nuge's injury might mean we have to sign somebody else.

I think Schlupp will be deployed as first choice LB this season but we will see.

Let him go at 500k. Not good enough, and he should be decent for a club like Millwall. 

He hasn't progressed since his loan spell and his ability to control a football (in terms of controlling as well as controlling it to shoot) is poor.

I'm torn over Waghorn, I still desperately want him to do well for us as that year he was on loan he was sensational at times. We've seen only flashes of quality since and i'm just not sure with him. I thought he'd have been given more of a chance but it looks like under Sven he's lost a lot of confidence and when he's off form he's horrible. Roofing shots, being a nuisance. If it's between him and Vardy i'd rather give Jamie another shot to be honest.

Ah well, £500'000 for a striker that once cost us in the region of £2m....

How the times are changing.

But do we still have enough strikers at the club? Nugent is our for a few more weeks. That leaves us with Wood, Futacs, Schlupp; Vardy could go out on loan, Gallagher may leave (?).

Guess we could always cover it by getting another one or two in on loan then.

He's been terrible since he cost us £2m. His stock was hardly going to go up was it. 

You can see some potential in Vardy, but he needs to step up to the plate! I like his turn of pace and he is quite nippy on the turn when backing into players, but in front of goal he looks lost!

I was astounded at how nervous he looked in front of goal given he's a natural finisher even at a lower level. Strikers who come from the lower leagues like DJ, Beckford, Morison, Mackail-Smith etc all might not score as prolifically at Championship level but they've never shyed away from shooting on sight but Vardy was almost reluctant at times to have a pop. The Blackpool at home game was a fine example against a club he's had rivalry with and he got in to 2 or 3 excellent positions and choose to pass when through on goal? Bizarre. I hope Nigel can give him a boost and get him involved, he's certainly not shit.

He was superb last season when he had a run of games, just before Wood came in. I could never understand why he then got relegated to 4th choice striker behind even Vardy.

Keep him fit and play him regularly and he's a good player at this level. However, Pearson clearly doesn't rate him any more and we could do with the £500k.

Archived