Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tyneside fox

Waggy to Millwall!

You can see some potential in Vardy, but he needs to step up to the plate! I like his turn of pace and he is quite nippy on the turn when backing into players, but in front of goal he looks lost!

He netted a shedload for Fleetwood. I don't need anyone to tell me how big the gulf in ability is between the Conference and Championship, but he obviously knows where the goal is. We should be able to expect him to come good at some point. It does sometimes seem like he'd sooner waste a chance then take a risk himself.

It's classic Leicester really, pay £2mil rising to £3mil for him and end up being happy to get half a million.

It's a shame it never worked it but it's because of a combination of a few things. He over-achieved first year, he didn't have as much need to succeed (it's wrong but it's true) after getting his contract here, he's not had a decent run in the side in ages and he seems to lack confidence. He did try but it's in the best interests for him to move on.

Can't help but feel he'll go and do well elsewhere, but it happens. Good luck to him.

I hope he stays. He had an unbelievable run of games last season where he looked head and shoulders the best player on the pitch. He's just been unbelievably unlucky with injuries, doesn't help with him being such a big lad.

I'd play him ahead of Vardy and Futacs any day of the week.

Seems like a good deal for everyone really.

Really wanted him to succeed here but only flashes of brilliance. Think he'll do well somewhere else

Well, he wasn't as bad as normal for a few games last season, but he still didn't score many.

If only you got half a goal for hitting the woodwork! lol

Ah well, £500'000 for a striker that once cost us in the region of £2m....

How the times are changing.

But do we still have enough strikers at the club? Nugent is our for a few more weeks. That leaves us with Wood, Futacs, Schlupp; Vardy could go out on loan, Gallagher may leave (?).

Guess we could always cover it by getting another one or two in on loan then.

Nugent isn't going anywhere chap. If he was he'd of been gone by now. Most championship clubs with abit of money to spend in spite of ffp such as QPR or Reading would of snapped him up, maybe even a premier league club. I don't know the man clearly but my guess is that Nuge is well favoured by Pearson as him, kasper and konch are the only one's left in the team from Sven's era on decent wages.

Waggy has the correct attitude however he hasn't produced consistently but I would still put him above Vardy and Futacs in the pecking order any day of the week.  

We paid far too much for him and that means his value ratio is all askew. If we'd only paid 1\2 mill we'd be more likely to put up with his short comings.

Just want players sold, the thought that the likes of Danns, Gally and Wellens in particular are still training with our squad makes me cringe.

Waggy had a decent spell last season though, after we all called him shit, but of course not Mark though.

But he isn't going to get any game time, sell him, send Vardy out on loan, then lock Futacs in the closet with Crncic. 

I'd sell him.

With a good run in a team he could prove a good option but it doesn't seem like he will get that at Leicester

I don't think selling him will be an answer to all our problems though - in comparison to the others he isn't a big wage earner so getting rid won't make a huge difference to our efforts to balance the books - but I guess it all helps....

The "he had a really good spell last season" confuses me somewhat. He was good against Derby (always is for some reason) and the remainder of the time he was slightly better than his usual borderline useless self but still couldn't finish his dinner

The "he had a really good spell last season" confuses me somewhat. He was good against Derby (always is for some reason) and the remainder of the time he was slightly better than his usual borderline useless self but still couldn't finish his dinner

Because he hates Derby :ph34r:

I'd let him go. But keep Futacs and Vardy. I genuinely think they'll be effective for us in the coming season. Cue the laughs...

Every time I've ever seen him play, he's missed the ball at least once when shooting.

Archived