Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tyneside fox

Waggy to Millwall!

Waghorn - All the shooting accuracy of a 16th Century musket.

Danns - Can't trap and control the ball without looking down at his feet

Futacs - Sometimes swings and misses the ball when taking a shot

Let's be honest if we want to be anywhere near the top 2 these 3 simply cannot be involved.

FFS would much rather have him at the club than some other players we have here. Was brilliant against Derby at home last season, but it is understandable that he will struggle to get a run in the first team, and he doesn't seem to make the impact needed when he comes on as a sub. Still, would rather Futacs, Gallagher and Vardy leave rather than Waghorn.

Amazing amount of people claiming this is a good deal, how short memories are when our preferred strikers couldn't hit a fooking barn door for most of 2013.

And how many did Waghorn score when he played earlier in the season?

How many times was he' unlucky' and either hit the woodwork or the goalie made a 'world class save'?

He isn't unlucky, just not very good.

I genuinely think if he got a run in the team he'd do well for us. Unfortunately we can't offer him that now, good luck to him wherever he ends up, I'm sure he'll do well be it League 1 or the championship.

Amazing amount of people claiming this is a good deal, how short memories are when our preferred strikers couldn't hit a fooking barn door for most of 2013.

Waghorn couldn't hit the side of a barn, let alone the door.

It's not his fault, but I'll never understand how we came to value him at 2-3 million. Absolutely crazy.

I think he's our 3rd best striker tbh. I rate him above Futacs and Vardy.

We have to get rid of 2 of the 3 though, as well as Beckford. Then we can bring one in of better quality, even if it has to be a season loan.

Waghorn couldn't hit the side of a barn, let alone the door.

It's not his fault, but I'll never understand how we came to value him at 2-3 million. Absolutely crazy.

He was bought by the new owners to get the supporters backing, unfortunately he was never going to fit into a Sousa team.

Id give him pre-season, if he looks sharp, with nugent out he could find himself starting at boro. He's so much better then Vardy, Pearson really needs help with his striker views, it's the one area I feel he doesn't know enough

Guest bss9401

Waggy has potential and if he starts to show form after a move it could show up a Pearson weakness regarding strikers.

He's a first choice striker for me with Wood.  When he gets a run of games he's either man of the match,scored a goal and got an assist.  He contributes unlike Nugent who goes missing for months on end and never turns up away from Home.  Waghorn has also mastered the art of set pieces now and got dropped from the squad when he had an appendix out to never be seen again.  Personally Wood and Waghorn with Nugent on the bench.  Just keep in mind the level of performance he put in away at Elland Road season before last,Bolton away last season and Derby at home last season.  A level above anything I've seen Nugent ever put in.  

I firmly believe that Waghorn is our third best striker, but I also don't think he's particularly effective coming off the bench. He has the potential given a run in the side to do really well for us, but I wouldn't be dropping Nugent and Wood right now. So really if he's not going to be starting, he needs to be leaving. I think one of the things that really endeared Waghorn to Leicester fans was his attitude and the fact that he clearly wanted to be playing football. We've messed him about for three years now and you'd hope that by now he'd want to be moving on and playing football and I honestly hope he does. A Championship club in the bottom-half of the table is going to take, what they will see as a risk on him, and they're going to benefit from that. I sincerely hope that club isn't Millwall. He needs to go, but I'm not going to be jumping for joy like I would be when Beckford leaves us or to a lesser extent when Futacs and Vardy are moved on. I'm certain that if he had been playing under Nigel Pearson the season he came back that he would now be a key member of a strong Leicester City squad, but it wasn't to be and sadly it's becoming increasingly obvious that he isn't going to get the chance to rebuild his career here. Last year was the chance for that to happen and once again a good run of form was disrupted. Good luck to him.

Tbh I think Waggy would do a good job in League One, even think he'll do well if he does go to Millwall. Looked ok in patches last season before he disappeared. He'd certainly be ahead of Vardy & Futacs in the pecking order for me anyway.

Me too!  :thumbup:

If you think he's good enough cast your minds back to the turning point of our season, Peterborough away.

He missed a 5 yard sitter, we went on to lose and slide down the table.

If you need any more examples of his shooting then Brum away as well, how he missed that I will never know

If you think he's good enough cast your minds back to the turning point of our season, Peterborough away.

He missed a 5 yard sitter, we went on to lose and slide down the table.

If you need any more examples of his shooting then Brum away as well, how he missed that I will never know

Waghorn played about twenty minutes of that game.

He started, I believe, 9 games last year. This included a run of 7 starts between Bolton  and Barnsley that saw us pick up 3 wins, 3 draws and 1 loss (which means we averaged very close to 2 points a game during that time). The other two games were a win and a draw so it's not like I've left them out because they don't suit my argument, we only lost one of nine games that Waghorn started last year. On the other hand he was nowhere to be seen during our awful run. So to even associate our awful run with Martyn Waghorn is absolutely stupid.

Archived