Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tyneside fox

Waggy to Millwall!

Which way should we go with Waghorn ? It really depends on what role you see him for filing in the team/squad.

As a starting striker I feel that he is not clinical enough, certainly not enough to make us a top 3 side. As cover or an option on the bench then yes I can see that, especially when defending from the front, he has loads of energy and chases the ball and can hold it as well, but is this a role he is happy with ? Maybe not as this why he left Sunderland in the first place as he wanted first team football, maybe he wants a starting place ?

This said the real question is is this his best role ? should we be playing him a little deeper as support to the strikers or as a attacking midfielder ? I for one have always felt that would be his best position, but we do have a fair bit of competition in this area and it could well be he wants a start as opposed to being a part of the squad. He can take a good corner and free kick, he is dynamic and most of the time wants the ball. It also would depend on if he moves on, would we bring someone in and if so who that player is.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/story-19511720-detail/story.html?#axzz2YifQBwLt

Several Championshiplb_icon1.png clubs are interested in signing Leicester City striker Martyn Waghorn.

Millwall and Blackburn are thought to be two of the clubs in the race to land the 23-year-old frontman.

Waghorn was far from a regular starter last season at the King Power Stadium and has a year left on his contract.

The England Under-21 international has been made available, but it is understood that City are reluctant to sell him too cheaply, holding out for a large chunk of the £1.7million they paid for him three years ago.

There haven't been many if any players I've wanted to succeed here more than Waggy. Loved him the season we had him on loan and was pleased when we signed him, albeit the price we paid was obscene. Showed glimpses of his class but like most leicester players he is horrendously inconsistent. That could be down to how we've used him or that's just him.

Anyway I think he could go somewhere and do well for himself. Good luck to him

He's a better option, in my opinion than, than both Futacs and Vardy, but I would still let him go for any kind of decent fee that we can get. Ideally i'd prefer Wood, Nugent, Schlupp and one other as the 4 forwards, but I can't see that happening unfortunately.

Archived