Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxexile16

Danny Drinkwater

Does anyone know why Danny wasn't in the squad last night?  I know there were rumours that he was one of the seven listed as surplus to requirements, but then he wasn't the only one.  He might have had a rather mixed season last time but I still think he's a good player and would be sorry to see him go.

Does anyone know why Danny wasn't in the squad last night?  I know there were rumours that he was one of the seven listed as surplus to requirements, but then he wasn't the only one.  He might have had a rather mixed season last time but I still think he's a good player and would be sorry to see him go.

I wouldn't.

you answered you own question, Pearson doesn't want him

Neither do I.

for most of last season Drinkwater was a key player but he was burnt out at the end due to Pearson only having 3 CM's and King and James both had month + spells out injured so DD was playing all 90 mins 3 times a week, with a proper squad in terms of depth he'll still be a good player to have

Not me, but I believe many do.

There was a thread asking about if people rated him or not a few weeks back, I think it just swung in favour of rating him.

Shocking, who are these people. Who has fooked with their minds.

for most of last season Drinkwater was a key player but he was burnt out at the end due to Pearson only having 3 CM's and King and James both had month + spells out injured so DD was playing all 90 mins 3 times a week, with a proper squad in terms of depth he'll still be a good player to have

In terms of quality, James and King are miles ahead of him. Question is, is he ok with being on the bench, because if I was the manager of someone like Barnsley, and with their fans rating him from his loan spell there, I would bid for him in an instant. 

Sense. A lot of people have forgotten Aug-Feb he was clearly our 2nd best player to that point, and as a young player can get better... Throwing him out because he lost form at the same time almost all 10 other players lost form is extremely shortsighted

Especially as Drinkwater would probably take up the wage of one player, where as the likes of Danns could be taking up the wage of 3

Don't understand why he gets such a hard time from our fans. First half of the season we only ticked as a team when Drinkwater played well. Yes, he had a poor end to the season but nobody could really hold their heads too high for our spell from February onwards. He's a decent player, we could do a hell of a lot worse.

This sums up a lot. He plays for another team, we want him. He signs for us, we don't want him.

On his day, Drinkwater is essential to any team at his level, and let's face it, he can dominate games. I remember going to Hillsborough last season and he dominated that game himself. For the first part of last season, he was a vital part of our team.

I still think he's a decent squad player to have.

Don't understand why he gets such a hard time from our fans. First half of the season we only ticked as a team when Drinkwater played well. Yes, he had a poor end to the season but nobody could really hold their heads too high for our spell from February onwards. He's a decent player, we could do a hell of a lot worse.

Exactly what Chloe says here, Drinkwater was a stand out player for us last season! Coupled with the fact we only had 3 cm's and James/ king got injured and he ended up playing 90 mins 3 times a week some weeks.

Think is managed correctly and with James and king both staying fully fit him and James will have a cracking season!

I dont think danns is a bad player can come up with goals . Just a shame he is on so much per week.. if he wNts to stay he has to take a pay cut .. regards to DD never been a fan... poor against hull on boxing day poor against huddersield on new years day...

I never have rated Drinkwater, but of all the players who are "surplus to requirements", then Danns is the one I would keep.

Thus proving you are quite clearly on a wind up.

Can't believe people still want Danns here. Can't pass, no physicality, gash touch.

I'd sooner have someone who 'can only pass backwards' (which is a myth anyway) in Drinkwater than someone that shadows the ref and can't trap a ****ing ball for toffee in Danns, especially considering we're paying god knows how much for the privilege.

Archived