Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxexile16

Danny Drinkwater

Right so that's a reason to get rid? You may not have noticed but we've been utter gash in the team with King playing in the centre many many a time. If you want to blot out from your memory that he actually played rather well for a fairly big chunk of the season that's up to you.

But to keep grasping at a couple of games towards the end of the season when King actually turned up, when he's was inconsistent as Drinkwater for the most part it's a bit hypocritical.

Good post Babs. To simply dismiss Drinkwater and reify King is ridiculous. Both can serve a purpose to the team and both can be good, or bad on the day.

:thumbup:

first half of last season Drinkwater was better than James and we were on fire and even reached top.

Second half of the season James was better than Drinkwater but we started a terrible run and even went out of the playoffs.

Drinkwater was more key for us last season than James IMO

Agree with most of that but James was out injured for that bad run and our form picked up when he came back in

The way I see it, financially keeping Drinkwater over Danns makes more sense. However, we've tried offloading Danns, and it appears nobody wants him, hence, if we're stuck paying him we may as well use him.

If as suspected, NP may be considering a 3 5 2 this season, lets not forget Marshall and Knocky are more than able to play centrally. In fact on their days, they'll be matchchangers.

I'm more than happy to see Danns given another chance, as we've seen what he can produce (ie Direby away11/12).

I think some people forget how crucial he was to the team at one point.

Does anyone remember the detailed thread about what he brings to teams?

At the end of last season he wasn't in form, he just needs to recover from this.

However saying that, I still rate the pairing of James & King above him.

Can't believe people still want Danns here. Can't pass, no physicality, gash touch.

I'd sooner have someone who 'can only pass backwards' (which is a myth anyway) in Drinkwater than someone that shadows the ref and can't trap a ****ing ball for toffee in Danns, especially considering we're paying god knows how much for the privilege.

Hallelujah. Most over-rated player at the club along with Beckford.

Danns gets such a bad rep from our fans. He was our best midfielder season before last and before last season he was being touted in the captaincy debate with Wes.

lol you are joking surely.

But to keep grasping at a couple of games towards the end of the season when King actually turned up, when he's was inconsistent as Drinkwater for the most part it's a bit hypocritical.

Hang  on a sec. Isn't that  what you do  when somebody complains the bad run was from feb-may??

Archived