Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Dannzy's Original Song

Not too sure about the song, but he’s got quite a good singing voice and he looks the part.

I’ve seen a lot worse do well on BGT and XFactor.

Fair play to him , he’s having a go and if that was my son or something,  I’d  be pretty proud of him  :)

**** Dannzy's song... How about he stop behind in training for a short time every day & learn to pass 10 yards to a teammate or press the opposition without giving the opposition a free kick.

Someone film that & upload it to YouTube then he proudly share that

Don't you all know its the in thing to hate on players for pretty much no reason whatsoever.

There's thousands of people that upload videos to YouTube every day but don't get this shit.

Embarrassing from some

But Danns isn't the same as those "thousands of people" (students, builders, office workers, housewives, whoever). He is a highly-paid, high-profile figure who has been under-performing badly in that capacity yet continues to draw an exorbitant wage from his club, helping to leave it financially hamstrung. OK, the financial aspect isn't his fault, but in the circumstances he should give his hobbies a low public profile until he's contributing more in his day job.

Musical taste is personal. I think his song is garbage, others might think it's brilliant. That doesn't matter. Of course, he's entitled to pursue his hobbies away from work - and maybe send his musical efforts to his mates or to experts for their opinion. But releasing this into the public domain at this time suggests to me that he is living in some deluded, egotistical bubble where he has no responsibility and other people exist only to applaud him.

So, the criticism is not "for pretty much no reason", is it? You're usually one of the best posters on here, Bert, but if you can't see the distinction, I think that it is you that it is embarrassing for, in this instance.

Yeah right , he should stop having a life out of football , concentrate on his passing ability for at least 18 hours a day and pay more respect to the brittle feelings of fans who expect more of him.

He's just a fookin footballer , he's not a standard bearer for us all to look to for guidance 

If he wants to show off doing something else , so flippin what?

But Danns isn't the same as those "thousands of people" (students, builders, office workers, housewives, whoever). He is a highly-paid, high-profile figure who has been under-performing badly in that capacity yet continues to draw an exorbitant wage from his club, helping to leave it financially hamstrung. OK, the financial aspect isn't his fault, but in the circumstances he should give his hobbies a low public profile until he's contributing more in his day job.

Musical taste is personal. I think his song is garbage, others might think it's brilliant. That doesn't matter. Of course, he's entitled to pursue his hobbies away from work - and maybe send his musical efforts to his mates or to experts for their opinion. But releasing this into the public domain at this time suggests to me that he is living in some deluded, egotistical bubble where he has no responsibility and other people exist only to applaud him.

So, the criticism is not "for pretty much no reason", is it? You're usually one of the best posters on here, Bert, but if you can't see the distinction, I think that it is you that it is embarrassing for, in this instance.

For the record, I'm not particularly keen on the song, but for someone to get stick for uploading a video of one of their hobbies is a bit sad for me.

He's been posting music videos on YouTube long before he came to us. So why should he stop doing it? As mentioned earlier in the thread if this was Big Wes there wouldn't be half as much of an over-reaction that there has been.

After all, he posted it for those people that like what he does to see, he didn't post it up on here did he.

For the record, I'm not particularly keen on the song, but for someone to get stick for uploading a video of one of their hobbies is a bit sad for me.

He's been posting music videos on YouTube long before he came to us. So why should he stop doing it? As mentioned earlier in the thread if this was Big Wes there wouldn't be half as much of an over-reaction that there has been.

After all, he posted it for those people that like what he does to see, he didn't post it up on here did he.

I think the problem is people view him as a jack of all trades, master of none. He seems to care as much, if not more, about making sub-par pseudo-emotional music, designing apps and being a 'personality' than he does about football. It could well be a completely wrong impression, but he strikes me as the want to be cool kid, messing about in training, showing off his new boots, calling vardy 'bro' and planning their next trip to nandos wearing their beats by dre, rather than listening to the manager, grafting hard and putting in the time to improve his passing and all round game.

That is cobblers.

He had one game last season, hardly enough to form an opinion on.

Given a chance this term he may just have some of you eating you words because at his best he is a very very good player.

That is cobblers.

Given a chance this term he may just have some of you eating you words because at his best he is a very very good player.

And the season before?

Footballers have a lot of free time.

Making music has got to be better than drinking, womanising, taking drugs or gambling.*

As has been said, it's just an excuse for people to take out their frustration on someone.  

*(Maybe not womanising)

I don't intend to get into in an extended argument, so will leave it after this post - unless someone makes a new point.

I don't think he should stop doing it, just think about the timing and the location. Timing: now would be a good time to keep a low profile or look serious about his work; Location: no need to put such things in the public domain at this time.

Yes, I'd be less irate if it was Wes, because he's spent the last 1.5 years making a major contribution to his football club, displaying concentration and high quality, not frivolity and low quality, as Danns has.

In my job, if I was performing well and receiving praise for my performances, I might think that I'd earn the right to behave frivolously in the public domain; if I was receiving criticism for sub-standard work and excessive charges, I'd keep my head down out of respect.

The cabinet, shadow cabinet or board of the Bank of England have the perfect right to dress up in chicken costumes, dance to the Birdy Song and post it on Youtube....but I'd think it inappropriate.

That is cobblers.

I'm not only basing it on one game (the 2-4 defeat to Burton, wasn't it, when he was the worst player on the pitch?). I'm also basing it on his consistently poor performances in the last few months of the previous season (presumably a lot of the reason why he was shunted out last season) - and on the garbage that he served up against Monaco last Saturday.

I'll be delighted if he forces his way back into the team on merit and performs well - and would then have no problem with his Youtube exhibitionism. I was pleased when we signed him, as I'd seen him perform well for other teams - as he did occasionally for us, early on.

He's entitled to his hobbies, just like everybody else.

Being a pro footballer, as tantalizing as the money might be, is a rather dull affair schedule-wise.

Day-to-day programs are rather rigid and repetitive, so why not relaxing by going for something creative?

Although I do agree with the notion that, for the moment, we would all like to see more of him on the pitch than on YouTube.

Guest MattP

I quite like it.

Lets face it. If that was Knocky or Dyer, you'd all be creaming your panties.

What an absolute loads of bollocks.

Not terrible, lay off him.

I posted this for a reason, because his lyrics are laughable, the first line nearly sent me into a laughing fit. 

I have rated some of his covers, but this is simply NOT ON AT ALL!

Archived