Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterAreGoingUp

QPR boss reveals Leicester City and Nottingham Forest fears

Harry seems to think we'll do alright, well at least someone does!

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-qpr/2013/08/02/82029-33682227/

QPR boss Harry Redknapp admits August could make or break the club’s Championship campaign.Just 24 hours ahead of the season’s opener at home to Sheffield Wednesday, Harry is juggling a first three points while trying to ship out six players and replace them with a minimum four by the end of the transfer window.

The manager freely admits the team that beat Southend in the last pre-season friendly a week ago is far from the finished article as they bid to reclaim Premier League status.“It’s not going to be easy,†he said. “There will be a fair few of the team that played Southend – but four or five new players could make the difference.“

I need a striker, and maybe two if Loic Remy goes because I don’t know what’s happening with him.â€

For all that, the bookies make Rangers 6-1 favourites for the title – a price that made the manager smile.“You want me to name the next two that might challenge with us?†he said. “For me, there’s a few more than that.“Reading, Wigan, Bolton, Leicester and Nottingham Forest will be good this year. Bournemouth will be a good little team, and I could see them getting good results.â€

Redknapp agrees the pressure is on no matter what the odds with the Championship play-offs the very least he expects of himself and the squad – whatever its final composition.“It’s got to be the minimum target,†he said. “Anything else will be a disappointment.â€

Standard really. Wigan, Reading, Forest, Bolton, ourselves, all teams you'd expect around the top 6 anyway.

QPR should walk it anyway, great squad. Closing in on Charlie Austin apparently, too. 

You never know with the Championship, though.

I've been seeing a lot of people that are not Leicester supporters say that they think we will be up there for promotion. 

It seems like the only people that think otherwise are Leicester supporters l ol. 

After the pressure the players have been under by the fans the last few seasons is that really a bad thing.

The last couple of seasons we were going to piss this league and it did'nt happen.

Now some think we have no chance and are even going to struggle praps the players can just get on with it.

QPR should stroll it.

Plenty of talent available, parachute payments in waiting.

If Redknapp's as good as he's made out to be he'll get them firing early on and they'll cope with those supposedly difficult away trips at nondescript places.

Anything less than promotion is a massive failure for QPR with the resources at their disposal.

Its strange, Leicester fans seem to be the only ones who think we'll struggle this season. Everybody else is tipping us for play-ofs or automatic.

I think it's a very hard season for anyone to call for us. Most outside Leicester will go on reputation, perceived wealth, well known players and league position last year etc so inevitably we'll be among top picks. And if some combination of Wood/Nugent/Vardy/Waghorn starts knocking the goals in early doors we could take some stopping. But a couple of poor performances early doors, the boos will start, a crisis will suddenly surround NFP, he'll probably have to go, and then literally anything could happen depending on who comes in. The margins, more than usual, are very very small.

Wish you were here Harry, but there is no way you would have come, because with no money to spend we are well and truly stuffed. We have very little chance within the next few years of getting out of this division, More chance of going down than up imo. Sad, but that's the way I see it..

I hope they sell that Remy, him and Austin would be leathal.

I agree Austin could be a terrific signing for them for comparatively little money. I know he failed a medical at Hull, and missed several games last season, but I think he'll score  at least 25 goals in the league (as he did with Burnley). QPR are my favourites for automatic promotion. Hopefully LCFC too, but I'm still not sure of the defence.

Seems to happen every year!

Neil Warnock had an unusual obsession with us last season, particularly whenever he was on sky.

How about instead we have a sweepstake........

How many times this season, will we STILL be referred to as big spending Leicester?

Archived