Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Miquel & Yennaris

Rather selective there - ignoring Hobbs, Cleverley, Davies, Naughton, Keane, Vaughan - as young players who've been fairly decent for us on loan.

Been more hits than duffers in that regard.

Of course it's selective, you've read seenitall's posts before right?

I know, I wish you would all keep up

Quite hard to keep up with all your stupid comments, they come at quite a rate.

On subject Miquel I'm keen on from little I've seen looked alright and you don't tend to get a Spanish U21 Cap these days if you're crap.

Yennaris I know absolutely nothing about so wont comment

It will be difficult even with loans. 

Getting someone older like Stephen Ireland(just an example) would be harder than getting someone like Yennaris. 

I'm not keen on too many youngsters, but it's the only way & if it adds to the squad in areas we lack, everyone should be happy. 

This is all selective too though, there are plenty who didn't make the grade as well. It is a lotterry and what we need are some experienced troopers not inexperienced kids right now, we have lots of them

Weren't you the one being selective by using Kane and Lingaard as your examples? Nothing like a bit of double standards. We've had way more successful loan players than flops under Pearson, that's a fact.

And I've already said that I'd like to see some more experienced players come in, on loan or otherwise, but we clearly don't have the funds for that.

Anything for an argument eh?

What is with all this 'Experienced heads' rubbish?

Look at what Watford did last season with...

a) young players

b) players who have never played in this country before

Talent is Talent no matter your age.

What is with all this 'Experienced heads' rubbish?

Look at what Watford did last season with...

a) young players

b) players who have never played in this country before

Talent is Talent no matter your age.

One of Watford's major flaws was that they weren't able to shut games out at times, conceded late goals e.g. against Wolves. Perhaps they'd have been able to hang on if they had a player who'd been in that situation before.

Experience would help the team IMO, it isn't all about player ability. Direction and good leadership can be crucial in some situations, helps 'focus' that ability if you know what I mean.

One of Watford's major flaws was that they weren't able to shut games out at times, conceded late goals e.g. against Wolves. Perhaps they'd have been able to hang on if they had a player who'd been in that situation before.

Experience would help the team IMO, it isn't all about player ability. Direction and good leadership can be crucial in some situations, helps 'focus' that ability if you know what I mean.

Direction and good leadership is part of their ability.

Apparently Barca have been interested for a while, but Wenger won't sell.

They should get their players to put a Barcelona shirt on him again.

Direction and good leadership is part of their ability.

And it seemed that Watford lacked it last season and suffered as a result. They had technical ability in abundance but not the ability to stay resilient if you like, Zola has said it was a big flaw for them before and probably held them back.

Whether you think leadership is part of a player's footballing ability or not is another issue, either way I think it's an important part of the game and shouldn't be ignored.

I'm not saying what you said is wrong, just being slightly pedantic.

I'll probably get called an FM geek or whatever but it's so true how it's split into three parts - physical, technical and mental. I think Leicester's deficiencies were largely mental and so were Watford's, whilst I'd say we were both technically better than the three that went up.

I would contest that.

I have seen several free transfers that have happened this summer and thought they were just what we needed.

And OK you can then start going on about the wages, but if we are to loan out a few ie:Gallagher, Danns etc then this could soon be balanced out.

I know Nigel loves young talent, but for me we have more than enough of that already.

To loan them out you need interested parties, you also need to be saving a substantial portion of their wages.

But leadership doesn't necessarily come with age - as much as I like Wes, I wouldn't say he is a good leader and the same could be said about Nugent. I firmly believe leadership is an innate quality, something you are born with, not something you acquire. Whilst age and experience can earn you respect, it doesn't necessarily make you a good leader.

Could be good loan signings, I hadn't heard much of Van Aanholt and Bruma when they came on loan and I rated them by the time they went back to Chelsea. Also Keane last season was good so you can get success in the loan market, these players just need a chance.

Could be good loan signings, I hadn't heard much of Van Aanholt and Bruma when they came on loan and I rated them by the time they went back to Chelsea. Also Keane last season was good so you can get success in the loan market, these players just need a chance.

Van Aanholt was a terrible left back and all bruma did was score those two beauty's against Twatford neither have really made the grade at their respective clubs

Van Aanholt was a terrible left back and all bruma did was score those two beauty's against Twatford neither have really made the grade at their respective clubs

I thought Van Aanholt had a more than decent spell with us (albeit being a bit lightweight on the defensive side of his play) and Bruma was either unlucky or just not suited for a CB role - I've always seen him as a central defensive midfielder, but clearly no pure defender.

I thought Van Aanholt had a more than decent spell with us (albeit being a bit lightweight on the defensive side of his play) and Bruma was either unlucky or just not suited for a CB role - I've always seen him as a central defensive midfielder, but clearly no pure defender.

nah take a look at the times both were left wanting and Van Aanholt came the remarks of I'm the new Ashley cole IMO Greg Cunningham was a better left back and Ben Mee was a better defender than bruma either they weren't suited to the championship or they came with these big egos and then not give a flying **** about us

Miquel this guy is massive for a kid very good cb would be great next to wes played in all preseason friendlys and looks good played lb one game and was crap the other guy i have seen him play once at rb looked pacey and not a hoofer these could be a great pair of loanees

nah take a look at the times both were left wanting and Van Aanholt came the remarks of I'm the new Ashley cole IMO Greg Cunningham was a better left back and Ben Mee was a better defender than bruma either they weren't suited to the championship or they came with these big egos and then not give a flying **** about us

agree Cunningham and Mee were better, but I have to admit PVA would be quality now in this 3-5-2

I'll reserve judgement until I've seen them play but I don't think we necessarily 'need' older experienced players. If you're good enough, you're old enough. I'd rather have Michael Keane than SSL at centre half for example. We have some experienced players now, plus the likes of De Laet, James, Drinkwater will all have learnt a lot from last season.

Archived